SNES Mini

48,888 Views | 413 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Satellite of Love
Aggie_Journalist
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexAgsAnon said:

tamusc said:

TexAgsAnon said:

I made hundreds of bucks flipping the NES, I'll do the same again. Thanks, Nintendo!
I hate you and others like you that made it nearly impossible for people that actually wanted to buy one for themselves or as a gift.

Don't get me wrong, Nintendo f'd up, but people like you made it worse.

Same goes for ticket scalpers.
Capitalism gon' capitalize. Blame the idiots paying me $150 for a crappy plastic ROM box.

The Martin Shkreli of the Nerdery.
Thanks and gig'em
TXAG 05
AG
So many all time great and revolutionary games:
Mario world
Mario kart
Star Fox
Metroid
Link to the Past
Mega Man X
Donkey Kong Country

Would have been cool to have mortal Kombat and the super star wars series. Definitely going to try to get one of these. Still have my NES and N64, but my SNES magically vanished when I was gone at A&M. I'd put the SNES up against any other console ever made, based on quantity and quality of games
Noblemen06
AG
That's one hell of a nostalgic lineup for me. Earthbound seals it...I'll be preordering as soon as I can.
bankshot11
AG
Rumors already going around that this will be used as a marketing ploy for the Switch. Go to Target or Gamestop to buy a Mini SNES, they're sold out because the store only got 3, but hey, why not buy a Switch.

Of course the Switch will be out of stock too
Robert C. Christian
AG
bankshot11 said:

Rumors already going around that this will be used as a marketing ploy for the Switch. Go to Target or Gamestop to buy a Mini SNES, they're sold out because the store only got 3, but hey, why not buy a Switch.

Of course the Switch will be out of stock too
I guess you could say, it's a bait and Switch tactic.

boogieman
AG
wee_ag
AG
Store page is up on Amazon! (No ordering available yet)

From BenFiasco14:
Walmart
Best Buy
TexAgsAnon
Waiting on the preorders like

Gomer95
AG
Will it play old SNES cartridges too? Or just the ones included with it? I can't tell from the picture if the cartridge port is real or just for looks.
Ark03
AG
Gomer95 said:

Will it play old SNES cartridges too? Or just the ones included with it? I can't tell from the picture if the cartridge port is real or just for looks.
It will not play cartridges. If that's your thing, there are other systems that will only play cartridges.
gambochaman
AG
f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5 f5
easttexasaggie04
AG
No Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball, NBA Jam, or Mortal Kombat.
Jasomania
AG
The presales went live in the UK and they are already flipping them for 250 - 300...

http://gizmodo.com/its-already-clear-that-the-snes-classic-just-isnt-worth-1796468789
Gomer95
AG
I'm pretty pleased with that list but I wish they had Tecmo Super Bowl and Super Bases Loaded on it. But oh well.
rbcs_2
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

No Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball, NBA Jam, or Mortal Kombat.
Not having certain sports games is understandable due to licensing, but dang Ken Griffey Baseball would be awesome to have on the system.
titanmaster_race
my only hope of getting one is for the zoolert notification to go off while I'm at my desk...
easttexasaggie04
AG
Yep, Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball was my favorite SNES game, followed by the original Street Fighter 2
BenFiasco14
AG
I feel like I'm checking for preorders to go up way too often. It went up in the UK yesterday so it's gotta be soon for us. Figure that's the only way im gonna get one of these beauties.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
BenFiasco14
AG
Posting for both my own and other posters benefit in addition to the Amazon link above:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/PO-HDW-PLACEHOLDER-652-WM50-Universal/55791858

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-entertainment-system-snes-classic-edition/5919830.p?skuId=5919830

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Red Five
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

I feel like I'm checking for preorders to go up way too often. It went up in the UK yesterday so it's gotta be soon for us. Figure that's the only way im gonna get one of these beauties.
Same. Every time I hear the notification sound on my phone I practically stampede over my kids to see if its the alert from Amazon.
TexAgsAnon
If you're using the "notify me" functions on these sites, you've already lost. I'm running 10 second screenscrapes set to text me.
wee_ag
AG
TexAgsAnon said:

If you're using the "notify me" functions on these sites, you've already lost. I'm running 10 second screenscrapes set to text me.
Why don't you go ahead and send those texts to me as well...
getme
EastSideAg2002
TexAgsAnon said:

You're insufferable.
titanmaster_race
EastSideAg2002 said:

TexAgsAnon said:

You're insufferable.

he's a super classy person
TexAgsAnon
EastSideAg2002 said:

TexAgsAnon said:

You're insufferable.
No, people that complain about "not being able to get" one of these consoles that put no work into gaming the system are insufferable, actually.

These stupid consoles are so easy to get if you use a little brainpower and ingenuity, but keep riding that high horse while you 1) pay 200% retail or 2) your kid is sad because Daddy drove around town like a normie instead of using his head.
tamusc
AG
TexAgsAnon said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

TexAgsAnon said:

You're insufferable.
No, people that complain about "not being able to get" one of these consoles that put no work into gaming the system are insufferable, actually.

These stupid consoles are so easy to get if you use a little brainpower and ingenuity, but keep riding that high horse while you 1) pay 200% retail or 2) your kid is sad because Daddy drove around town like a normie instead of using his head.
You know, I usually don't like throwing out words like "hate" as I did in my post regarding you and your ilk on the previous page, so thanks for assuaging any guilt I might have had in using it in said post.
TexAgsAnon
tamusc said:

TexAgsAnon said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

TexAgsAnon said:

You're insufferable.

You know, I usually don't like throwing out words like "hate" as I did in my post regarding you and your ilk on the previous page, so thanks for assuaging any guilt I might have had in using it in said post.
Ok, whatever makes you feel better about not being able to buy a childrens' toy.
Robert C. Christian
AG
TexAgsAnon said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

TexAgsAnon said:

You're insufferable.

Who the hell uses normie in real life? What's it like in your mom's basement?
Olsen
AG
Olsen
AG
Quote:

There's also no word on when, or if, Nintendo will take pre-orders for the SNES Classic in North America. Pre-orders are already live in regions such as Europe and Australia, but a rep for Nintendo of America told us the company has nothing to announce at this point.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/30/15874874/snes-classic-edition-nintendo-impressions-photos
BenFiasco14
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Quote:

There's also no word on when, or if, Nintendo will take pre-orders for the SNES Classic in North America. Pre-orders are already live in regions such as Europe and Australia, but a rep for Nintendo of America told us the company has nothing to announce at this point.
https://www.polygon.com/2017/6/30/15874874/snes-classic-edition-nintendo-impressions-photos
Welp, if they dont do pre-orders I highly doubt ill be able to get my hands on one of these. Shame.
Charlie Delta
I can't wait to not find one.
byfLuger41
byfLuger41
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.