SNES Mini

48,420 Views | 413 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Satellite of Love
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah I think it depends on the area. My local best buy barely even has XB1s and PS4s on the shelves... the Target right across from it is the best bet. I check anytime I'm in there and they consistently have consoles in stock including the Switch, but they get raided really fast anytime a few SNES Classics show up. I've asked a couple workers and they all agree they are gone immediately.

Red Five, sounds like you are good to go then. I know the seller you are talking about, I looked at them a few times. I think they are OK... they just refuse to sell at MSRP unfortunately. I probably would have gone that route too eventually until I saw Gamestop had them in stock again (the bundle) last night.

Red Five
AG
If Gamestop had an option to ship to the store or something at least I would probably have gone that way, but 8 dollars for even the cheapest shipping option plus tax just felt like too much money. I don't really need the book but at least you feel like you are getting something else for the money instead of just paying a mark up to a reseller though.
tamusc
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

tamusc said:

jr15aggie said:

Any of you guys hack your classic with the Hackchi2?

Sounds like it's extremely easy. Most of the games on the mini are my favorites already, but there are a handful that are missing.
That's exactly what I did. It's super easy.

Details?

This link has all the required files as well as links to tutorials on YouTube.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/snes-mod-with-hakchi2/
TriumphForks
AG
I still need to mod mine. Chrono Trigger, FFIV, and DKC2 being the most glaring omissions from the console.
jr15aggie
AG
Will definitely mod mine. I've never played Chrono Trigger all the way (played a bit of it on a ROM several years later but I think my computer crashed or something and I lost it).

I've already got all the mods I really want. What's funny is when I'm searching the list of all time greatest SNES games to make sure I don't miss any, so many of these simply do not hold up and I have little desire to play them. The 20 that are on the Classic already cover most of the really great games worth playing / replaying.

The few that I really want to add are:

TMNT IV: Turtles in Time
UN Squadron
Super Mario All Stars
Shadowrun
Zombies at my Neighbors
Pilotwings

There are some others that I'm including as well like Earthworm Jim, DKC2, etc... but there are really only a couple dozen that I will really sit down and play.
jr15aggie
AG
Forgot to mention, one that isn't on any of the SNES Top Games list is Ninja Gaiden Trilogy. Just the old NES games basically, but really great games. They are much more accessible and fair to play with an emulator / save states.

Let me know what y'alls favorite adds to the console are.
The Fife
I need to mod mine as well, just busy with other things. Not sure about where to obtain roms though besides bit torrent.

Also I have a Super Advantage I'd rather use than the included controllers. Any way to hook the thing up? It's like the NES Advantage only a whole lot bigger.

edit: Looks like this might do it, anyone have one?
Hyperkin Controller Adapter
Claude!
Get a wireless controller. 8bitdo makes a good one modeled off the SNES controller. Unfortunately it sounds like the wireless clone of the NES Advantage is garbage.
jr15aggie
AG
Really loving this thing! The wireless controller sealed the deal, especially because you can hit (down+select) and access the reset menu / save states. So much better than having to get up and hit the reset button... some things are better left in the past!

I haven't hacked it yet, but I have at least a dozen ROMs I'm going to add to this to complete the collection. I've used emulators a little in the past, but this is the way Nintendo was meant to be played... on the couch. I can only hope that this simple device will last and I have access to my childhood for years to come!
FTAG 2000
AG
Any codes for contra3? That game is a beating.
The Fife
Might do that... and get an adapter. For whatever reason NES/SNES games were always a lot more fun using a joystick.
howdydamnit04
AG
I just ordered one from Fry's for $100. Supposed to deliver it today for $2 more. Will be interesting to see if I actually get it.
howdydamnit04
AG
And my order was mysteriously cancelled.
tfunk02
AG
I have an extra SNES classic in the box. I'll give it to you for $100. I live in Garden Oaks just North of the Heights in Houston. My email is this handle at gmail.
howdydamnit04
AG
Emailed.
double aught
AG
I found one SNES at Target two days ago. I decided to get it on impulse, base partially on the supposed continued scarcity. I've been playing A Link to the Past since. What a fun game.
BosAG06
AG
Amazon Prime Now (the same day delivery service) has had these available (at least in my zip - 76262) for weeks now at $79.99.
ABATTBQ11
AG
BosAG06 said:

Amazon Prime Now (the same day delivery service) has had these available (at least in my zip - 76262) for weeks now at $79.99.

Not in mine-7825*.
howdydamnit04
AG
I bought 2 this week. I just grabbed the 2nd on impulse to hopefully help someone else out. If someone here wants it and will pay be for the $95 I paid for it (shipping & taxes) and the cost to ship it to you, you can have it. Supposed to arrive at my house Monday.
fig96
AG
howdydamnit04 said:

I bought 2 this week. I just grabbed the 2nd on impulse to hopefully help someone else out. If someone here wants it and will pay be for the $95 I paid for it (shipping & taxes) and the cost to ship it to you, you can have it. Supposed to arrive at my house Monday.
Definitely interested. *edited*
Joe Exotic
AG
BosAG06 said:

Thanks! They are available from Prime Now for Fort Worth
Desert Power
AG
Just got mine as a gift from my brother. Played some Super Mario and when I tried to switch games I can no longer get sound to work anymore.

Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
If anyone is still interested in one I have one available, I beat Donkey Kong Country and I probably won't play much else. I paid $80 at Target a couple weeks ago and I'm not looking to make money on it so I'll ship it to you for the same price. If you're local to SA I'll sell it for $70.
Joe Exotic
AG
Hacked mine last night and it was seamless. Played some Sim City and Madden 95.
double aught
AG
How did you go about that?
jr15aggie
AG
double aught said:

Just YouTube Hakchi2. Ignore the ones that try and get you to load Genesis and other emulators (unless you really want to get into it).

It's really easy.
tamusc
AG
double aught said:

Here's the the page for Hakchi2 that I linked previously. You can download the program here and there's links to YouTube tutorials.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/snes-mod-with-hakchi2/
Dan Scott
AG
Walked into Target today to buy some deodorant and pickup a phone charger and saw one in the case and bought it.

It's crazy how much of SMW i still Remeber
Desert Power
AG
Does anyone else have issues with no sound?
Satellite of Love
I added Aladdin, Zombies Ate My Neighbors, Harvest Moon, and Chrono Trigger over the weekend! Hitachi is super easy to use.

Be sure to dump a copy of your original kernel and email it to yourself in case SHTF and the SNES mini needs to be rebooted back to factory.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.