SNES Mini

48,839 Views | 413 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Satellite of Love
mickeyrig06sq3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Verdicts?
agfan2013
AG
mickeyrig06sq3 said:

Verdicts?

A lot of fun, the nostalgia definitely hits you a lot if it's the first console you ever played like it was for me.

Already beat donkey kong country and just finished Super Mario world tonight but I played quite a few hours on Sunday as all I was doing was watching a bbq pit for most of the day. Have also played Yoshi's island, Super Mario Kart, mega man x (which is super freaking hard btw), and played the first level of star fox 1 just to unlock the second game.

Controller cords are still too short, you might want to pick a wireless and I wish they had DKC 2 and 3 on this as well but other than that I'm pretty happy with it. Will probably end up playing about 10 out of the 21 games.
AZAG08
AG
I can't wait!
MrJonMan
AG
Still haven't had a chance to even open mine yet
ABATTBQ11
AG
It took me years to beat mega man x as a kid
rbcs_2
AG
Someone needs to confirm the Hadouken ability is still available in this version of Mega Man X.
Satellite of Love
I whooped my wife's butt last night in Mario Kart! Tons of fun. Didn't have time to check out any other games, but will this weekend when I have more time.

I can't wait until they hack the SNES like they did the NES Classic. Def more games I want to add to the system (Chrono Trigger anyone??).
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
WGann3
AG
Been having a blast with mine. A buddy of mine and I staid up far too late playing Mario Kart battle mode Friday night before a 7:00 AM departure to head down for the South Carolina game. I've only jumped on Mario Kart and Super Mario World since I have them memorized like the back of my hand and they're just super easy to access for me, but I'm pretty pumped to dive into Super Mario RPG, Secret of Mana, and Super Metroid again.
Vade281
AG
rbcs_2 said:

Someone needs to confirm the Hadouken ability is still available in this version of Mega Man X.
It is!
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
ABATTBQ11
AG
Anyone play starfox 2 yet?
Satellite of Love
I turned on CRT mode last night. Fun to play retro games on a LED flat screen that looks like an old tube tv!!!

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
hurleyag
AG
When would be a good time to try and get one now that they've been released. Just a luck of the draw of when you hit the store?
NitroAGGIE
AG
Picked up one from the Amazon Treasure Truck last week. Wife and I have been having a blast. The controller cords are way too short, so I ran a 25 ft HDMI cable around the living to under our sectional. Have the SNES under the couch for now which is a perfect set up.
Robert C. Christian
AG
hurleyag said:

When would be a good time to try and get one now that they've been released. Just a luck of the draw of when you hit the store?

Not searching for one right now, but have been looking at brickseek and not been seeing anything in stock.
Satellite of Love
They should be back in for the holiday season!

BenFiasco14
AG
Satellite of Love said:

They should be back in for the holiday season!
Knowing Nintendo, I find this hard to believe
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
agfan2013
AG
Another poster earlier in this thread posted that a rep at a target store said they would be getting 10-20 a week for the rest of the year. When I went to sell the extra stuff in my bundle back to gamestop, the guy there told me they were told to expect 5 units per week through christmas. So stores will be getting regular stock in and Nintendo said they will continue production through some part of 2018.

Look, yall without one are still going to have to work for it. Unfortunately resellers still have bots buying up online stuff in seconds, I saw gamestop had online stock yesterday and it sold out in less than a minute again. If you want one, youre still going to have to put some time and effort in, I highly doubt you will be able to just waltz into a Walmart mid November and they'll have a stack of 20 of them just sitting on a shelf. Either put some time in (easier said than done if you're a grown adult with an 8-5 job, I realize) or pay a scalper $200+ (please dont encourage them). But it will be easier to get one of these than a NES classic last year, at least until they start making those again in 2018.
Super Aggie 64
AG
SOLD I have an extra one. Send me a PM. SOLD
AZAG08
AG
Mine was delivered today -- just need to get out of the office!
E.KingTrill
CDowsk09 said:

Anyone in the N Austin/Round Rock area looking for a SNES Classic? I have an extra one. Send me a PM.
Hey man, I don't know how to PM, but I'd love to talk to you about this!

EDIT: Meant I can't PM!
Super Aggie 64
AG
SOLD
E.KingTrill
CDowsk09 said:

Send me an email
Thanks, just did!
BenFiasco14
AG
CDowsk09 said:

Send me an email cdowsk at gmail .com.
If that doesn't work out with him. I'm interested too
Super Aggie 64
AG
Sorry, sold to E.KingTrill.
E.KingTrill
Thanks again, man. Good bull! Have fun and BTHO Bama!
Satellite of Love
Hack is officially out there! Just about time to add some extra classics to the Mini SNES!!!

Gomer95
AG
How exactly do you hack it to add more games? I wouldn't mind putting Super Bases Loaded and Tecmo Super Bowl on there. Maybe NBA Jam.
Satellite of Love
It is done by using Hakchi and attaching the mini to a computer via USB cable. Check out r/minisnesmods for more detailed info! Pretty slick walk throughs to help out!

Pman17
AG
https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/10/16454016/snes-classic-in-stock-gamestop-thinkgeek-online-in-store
Forum Troll
AG
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-SNES-Classic-Edition-Mini-IN-HAND-SHIPS-NOW-/322795045685?epid=238940552&hash=item4b28158335:g:H1kAAOSwr0hZz8t~

This guy can go suck the FATTEST dick.
hurleyag
AG
He has to work at a store that sells them, no?
Forum Troll
AG
hurleyag said:

He has to work at a store that sells them, no?
My guess as well.
agfan2013
AG
Each unit plus tax $86, then I estimated $10 since hes shipping for free using priority USPS. So $220-96 is $124 bucks profit times the 21 units is $2604. Not sure if its worth that if he waited in lines, did midnight releases, etc. If he works in a store then its easy money, but there should be some sort of store policy to prevent employees from doing it.
BenFiasco14
AG
Are Tuesdays still the days that stores typically receive new shipments of electronics? Would it even be worth my time to swing by Target or Best Buy after work today?
Diggity
AG
don't forget the ebay and paypal fees.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.