SNES Mini

48,840 Views | 413 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Satellite of Love
Predmid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
so we were both born in 86.

I was just bad at mario, i guess.
rbcs_2
AG
Predmid said:

so we were both born in 86.

I was just bad at mario, i guess.
Just keep at it, like any mario game. It helps to have someone to switch off with. SMW and SNES mario kart were the games that got me hooked on video games. I remember getting a bunch of game that christmas. But those two games were the ones that I played well into the night with my little brother. I was born in 79 and younger brother was born in 88 if that matters.
TriumphForks
AG
I also beat SMW to 96* on the Classic and was downright overwhelmed with nostalgia while doing so. There were times when I would just sit on a particular screen on the world map and just listen to the music loop and think about what was going on in life when I was hearing that music for the first time. I am a tremendous loser.
Satellite of Love
WGann3 said:

I haven't busted out the SNES Classic for a while, but just had my first kid Friday so this thing is going to be perfect for the downtime with her and the holidays coming up. Super Mario RPG time.
Down time with a new kid? Ha! Let us know how that goes.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
NewArmyAgAg
Man, I Just got one these and I've just had an all-night gaming session with the bros. Can't believe it's already 3 AM. Guess I'm calling in sick tomorrow.

The Fife
Has anyone had any luck finding one randomly in person at Best Buy or somewhere? I get off work early and figure I might as well start swinging by one on my way home but don't know if that would be a complete waste of time or not.
minetta
AG
FYI - these just showed up on my Amazon Prime Now app for delivery tomorrow (in Houston) if anyone is looking for Christmas
FatZilla
AG
minetta said:

FYI - these just showed up on my Amazon Prime Now app for delivery tomorrow (in Houston) if anyone is looking for Christmas

You are awesome! Snagged one.
bbattbq01
AG
minetta said:

Just bought one in Dallas... thanks!
WGann3
AG
Satellite of Love said:

WGann3 said:

I haven't busted out the SNES Classic for a while, but just had my first kid Friday so this thing is going to be perfect for the downtime with her and the holidays coming up. Super Mario RPG time.
She's been pretty fantastic actually... She goes down easily and stays down so I just get her comfortable next to me on the couch and game for a couple of hours at a time. I'm just about done with Super Mario RPG. Still such a blast to play a freaking JRPG made by Square with Mario characters. And I still can't believe we haven't seen Geno in anything else (correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm way behind on some of the modern Nintendo games). I would kill for a true successor to this game. Paper Mario games are cool but there's just something special about SMRPG. I think I'll be diving into Final Fantasy III during a week off for the holidays. I've played II in the last few years, but haven't revisited III in forever, looking forward to it.
ABKitch
AG
Game Stop has them in stock right now... Go! Go!

https://m.gamestop.com/product/snes/consoles/super-nes-classic-edition/152771
rbcs_2
AG
WGann3 said:

Satellite of Love said:

WGann3 said:

She's been pretty fantastic actually... She goes down easily and stays down so I just get her comfortable next to me on the couch and game for a couple of hours at a time. I'm just about done with Super Mario RPG. Still such a blast to play a freaking JRPG made by Square with Mario characters. And I still can't believe we haven't seen Geno in anything else (correct me if I'm wrong here, I'm way behind on some of the modern Nintendo games). I would kill for a true successor to this game. Paper Mario games are cool but there's just something special about SMRPG. I think I'll be diving into Final Fantasy III during a week off for the holidays. I've played II in the last few years, but haven't revisited III in forever, looking forward to it.
FFIII is my #1 game of all time. Such a great story and so many subtleties in the game.
TriumphForks
AG
I finished FFVI on the classic a couple weeks ago. I had last played when I was in Jr high probably. What an incredible experience through and through. Easily has the best story of any video game I've played.
TXAG 05
AG
Got one over Christmas, been loving it. Have beaten Super Mario World,Donkey Kong Country, and Star Fox. Started Zelda and the music instantly took me back in time.

Was excited for Star Fox 2, have only played a couple minutes of it, but was underwhelmed.

There's a lot of other games that I wish were included, but I think they did a great job. I've already played it more than my NES classic.
CDub06
AG
My wife got me one of these for Christmas. I hadn't even mentioned it and had no idea she even knew about it so I was surprised. She got a hacked unit with more games loaded on it so I have Harvest Moon and a slew of other games added to the unit.
Claude!
Best thing I bought for it was the 8Bitdo wireless controller.
Predmid
AG
Claude! said:

Wait. There are wireless controllers for this thing?

I NEED IT.
bbattbq01
AG
Predmid said:

Claude! said:

I NEED IT.

It's worthless without them!
Claude!
Predmid said:

Claude! said:

I NEED IT.

$25 for one on Amazon.
jr15aggie
AG
Still patiently waiting until somebody has these available at MSRP. Be nice if local stores would get some and I could just buy it the old fashion way!
TXAG 05
AG
Well I've been sucked into Link to the Past. Such a great game, I'd put it up against anything.
WoMD
jr15aggie said:

Still patiently waiting until somebody has these available at MSRP. Be nice if local stores would get some and I could just buy it the old fashion way!

I went into target a couple weeks ago to buy soap and on a whim checked to see if there was one there (third time I've checked). And low and behold, they got one in stock. The guy who unlocked the cabinet said I was lucky and I better get it now or It wouldnt stay much longer.

So...you basically need to just check places regularly and you might get lucky and find one.
jr15aggie
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Well I've been sucked into Link to the Past. Such a great game, I'd put it up against anything.

Possibly my favorite game of all time in terms of nostalgia. As a teenager in the 90s I was floored at the look and sound of the rain in the opening scene.
The Fife
jr15aggie said:

I found one at random at Best Buy this weekend!
jr15aggie
AG
Haven't had any luck finding them in the wild... Just found that GameStop has the bundle available online so I pulled the trigger. $50 more but comes with a hard cover book. The same book as a soft cover was really well reviewed on Amazon so I figured it would be a fun read.

This is what happens when a nerd (that is a sucker for nostalgia) has money to spend and has run out of patience.
BenFiasco14
AG
I can't believe I've never played Final Fantasy 3 (what it's called on the SNES Classic, was released as FF6 in the us). This game is incredible. Already 15 hours in.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Propane & Accessories
AG
TexAgsAnon said:

I made hundreds of bucks flipping the NES, I'll do the same again. Thanks, Nintendo!
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
TriumphForks
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

I can't believe I've never played Final Fantasy 3 (what it's called on the SNES Classic, was released as FF6 in the us). This game is incredible. Already 15 hours in.
One of the best games of all time IMO.
jr15aggie
AG
Any of you guys hack your classic with the Hackchi2 and load extra ROMs?

Sounds like it's extremely easy. Most of the games on the mini are my favorites already, but there are a handful that are missing.
tamusc
AG
jr15aggie said:

Any of you guys hack your classic with the Hackchi2?

Sounds like it's extremely easy. Most of the games on the mini are my favorites already, but there are a handful that are missing.
That's exactly what I did. It's super easy.
Red Five
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Gotta put on my nerd hat for a minute. It was released as FF6 in Japan, but the version sold outside of Japan was titled FF3 for its original SNES release. We never got the actual FF2, FF3, or FF5. We gott FF4 renamed as FF2 and FF6 as FF3. Remastered versions on other platforms like the DS reverted to the original naming conventions.

*nerd hat off*

My patience for trying to find one in a store also wore thin, but Gamestop wants 20 bucks in tax and S&H in addition to the extra 50 bucks on the collectors bundle, so I bought one from a reseller on Amazon instead. Paid $115. Some listings on Amazon show stock becoming available in the next couple of days. They are still selling at elevated prices, but some of the traditional outlets might get some up at MSRP if Nintendo is actually distributing more, so I'll see if I can find one and return the other one I bought.
jr15aggie
AG
Not trying to burst your bubble, but just be careful with the one from Amazon. Make sure you check the packaging, etc. really carefully when you get it. Some 3rd party sellers have been shipping cheap knock offs. In some cases it's pretty obvious when a knock off NES Classic shows up instead. Should be pretty easy to tell.

I was never fast enough to jump on the official ones sold by Amazon, so that's why I ended up going to gamestop. The book it comes with is suppose to be pretty good and I think the hard cover I'm getting is exclusive to gamestop, but not 100%.

I honestly would have payed $125 for the SNES Classic anyway (if that was the MSRP) so I still feel like the value is good... what else was I going to do with my Christmas money!?
Red Five
AG
Yeah, I'm aware of the problems that have been reported. Seller had 5K ratings and 100% positive feedback for whatever that's worth.

I'll definitely give it a close inspection.
agfan2013
AG
Hell, I didnt realize people were still looking for them and resellers were still making some money. I walked past the nintendo case in the Bryan Target right off of 6 about 2 weeks ago and there were 4 sitting in there. Thought most everybody who wanted one had got it.

Im gonna look at the hack too, I mostly want to put DK country 2 and 3 on there.
BenFiasco14
AG
tamusc said:

jr15aggie said:

Any of you guys hack your classic with the Hackchi2?

That's exactly what I did. It's super easy.

Details?
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.