SNES Mini

48,860 Views | 413 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Satellite of Love
Red Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Walmart just opened pre-orders!

Amazon's arent up yet as far as I saw.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-Classic-Edition/55791858?adid=1500000000000040972510&veh=eml
tamusc
AG
Red Five said:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-Classic-Edition/55791858?adid=1500000000000040972510&veh=eml

I was able to pre-order one from Walmart. We'll see if I actually get it. I think it'll probably wind up as a gift for my nieces though.

Edit - I got a confirmation email from Walmart and they've charged my credit card.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Red Five said:

Thanks, got my order in.
wee_ag
AG
In
wee_ag
AG
That didn't take long...

BenFiasco14
AG
Order in! Can't wait!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Olsen
AG
I was so close!!! I clicked on place order button and it's all gone!
BenFiasco14
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

I was so close!!! I clicked on place order button and it's all gone!
***** Are you serious??
boogieman
AG
Got an email from Walmart. Got mine in. Hop it holds.
Olsen
AG
Walmart website is down completely.
BenFiasco14
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Walmart website is down completely.

Goodness, I'm sorry guys.
Olsen
AG
Might want to keep an eye on the preorders from Walmart because 40 minutes is an awfully long time. I'm really hoping I will hop on Amazon's preorder since that's my main retailer.
Noblemen06
AG
Hopefully this means others will be opening up soon.
Olsen
AG
Some Walmart preorders are being cancelled for various reasons from this other discussion board I am monitoring.
Charlie Delta
Jesus. I got the walmart email notification at 10:49 pm and did not check my email until now. Can't even get to the website now.
agfan2013
AG
Got the Walmart preorder email last night and figured what the hell, so I got one. Still think I'm going to make a raspberry pi emulator someday, but the SNES is the console I grew up on.

As a side note, anybody see that ninetendo trademarked some stuff in Europe that looks like it will be the N64 classic next year?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxnews.com/tech/2017/07/21/nintendo-64-controller-trademark-hints-at-n64-classic.amp.html

That one I will definitely not be getting. As I still have my old N64 in a closet and played it as recently as last year. Plus there were so many awesome N64 games, if they only do 20 or 30, something is gonna be left out...
BenFiasco14
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Some Walmart preorders are being cancelled for various reasons from this other discussion board I am monitoring.
Mine hasn't been cancelled yet.... praying....lol
agfan2013
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

I think if you ordered before 11pm and didn't put in wrong card info or anything, you are good to go. I think some of the "reports" are bitter people just trying to scare those that did manage to get one.
AZAG08
AG
Got my email from walmart at 1030 last night and received an order confirmation-- hope they are able to process these all on time
Charlie Delta
AZAG08 said:

Got my email from walmart at 1030 last night and received an order confirmation-- hope they are able to process these all on time

Don't worry. Nintendo probably did not provide walmart with enough units to make processing them an overwhelming task. They **** the bed again.
BenFiasco14
AG

For those that missed Wal-Mart's pre-order, Target will be taking some. In the tweet chain Target responded to someone and said keep checking for updates on when it will go live

wee_ag
AG
My Walmart order payment was just processed - which is odd because I thought they did that at shipping... Unless I just won the lottery or something.

Edited to say that Walmart is also cancelling orders. I'm confused.

agfan2013
AG
Most places I've seen state that if your order wasn't canceled in that next day because of "payment or address issues" you are good to go.

Sounds like Walmart did take too many orders so they just gave BS reasons for people who were late to the game. I ordered right at 10:55 and have seen others close to 11 that have been fine, but I think if you were much after that it when it starts to get iffy. The CS reps are just saying whatever they can to people who got their orders canceled.
Red Five
AG
Are they notifying people whose orders are cancelled? I have a confirmation email and the charge shows as pending on my CC statement, which is how it should be until the product ships. I had my order in at 10:43.
tamuags08
AG
This reminds me when HP put their tablets up on a firesale for $100. Everyone was trying to submit orders for them and it was all about waiting to see if yours was able to get through.
jr15aggie
AG
Sorry to chime in late with a question that may have been asked already... are they only releasing these for a limited time?

I'd like to get one at some point but I'm fine waiting for supply to increase.
tamuags08
AG
This will be a limited supply run, similar to the NES Mini (though Nintendo claims they will be making more of these compared to the NES Mini).
byfLuger41
Aggiefan#1
AG
I have all those and hundreds more on a Nvidia Shield.
Greatest thing ever.
wee_ag
AG
Just got an email, Walmart is cancelling all orders.
Olsen
AG
Getting order blocked by Walmart was a blessing in disguise for me.

AZAG08
AG
Just checked and I got the same
boogieman
AG
Basterds!
Robert C. Christian
AG
Same thing here. RIP SNES Mini.
tamusc
AG
Whelp, there goes my hope of actually getting one.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.