*****Bills vs Bengals*****

56,137 Views | 434 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by redag06
. . .
How long do you want to ignore this user?
MookieBlaylock
AG
jjtrcka22 said:

Psycho Bunny said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wow.
If Skip was looking to be the number one hated guy in America, he defiantly did it with this post.
Wow. I've seen so much hate over this tweet. It was not the best worded post obviously, but some people are acting like it was the worst thing ever said. I didn't think about it at the time before he said it, but the NFL is going to be in a tough spot rescheduling that game. Also, like he said, that all seems very irrelevant after watching what happened with Damar Hamlin.

Maybe people didn't read the whole tweet? I guess he should have lead with the irrelevant part. I think some people just want to target their anger / frustration at something or someone.

And skip says plenty I don't like.

Way overblown reaction towards Skip but he has used tweets and fake narratives to attack others

His show today was prob the worst thing I have ever seen on tv sports related
Brutal
Mike Elko
AG
Texas A&M said:

The Porkchop Express said:

Is it OK with Matt Walsh if I hate Skip Bayless for being an insufferable ******bag who inserts himself into every situation?
SB is a sports commentator (but definitely not one of my favorites). This was the biggest sporting event on TV even before the episode on the field. God forbid he share his thoughts.

Yep, people like this and their faux outrage are the biggest posers on the planet. I didn't realize there were so many on TA until Skip's tweet was shared on this forum last night. Their lack of reading comprehension surprised me, too. What a world. What a website.
Texker
AG
Performative Internet Outrage. What a great term.

Also great, outstanding really are the 189k donations to Damar's GFM totaling over $5.5M.
Iowaggie
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

one of my non religious friends posted on Facebook how powerful and moving it was to see how the players so immediately turned to prayer. I didn't even think of it as the time, but seeing him point it out.. powerful testimony of faith from the men on the field.

horrible situation, but everyone handled it absolutely the best way they could.

strong kudos to Taylor for stepping out to say that the teams needed more time.

Dan Orlovsky showed a little bit of fortitude by praying on ESPN.

Jackal99
AG
That's pretty amazing. Not just him, but the other two joining as well.
Iowaggie
AG
I thought it would be funny if Orlovsky went a bit long, like the long winded uncle or grandma might do before a meal, and the camera caught one of the other two doing the look up from prayer check to see how long this prayer is going to last.
annie88
AG
Lake08 said:

annie88 said:

Don't they usually have two weeks between the last playoff game and the Super Bowl? If that's the case, that might be the answer.

Meaning, pushing all the playoff games back a week. Obviously not playing this game after the playoffs.

U can't push games back. Logistically a disaster
Then I guess they're just going have to have a Sunday game/Thursday game situation.
Little Rock Ag
AG
The beautiful responses to Damar's health crisis, including the prayers, the donations, and the genuine empathy, have helped cheer me some these past several hours. It is sad and shameful that relatively so few people in powerful places have torn us apart as a nation. I will decline to name any names or cast blame on any specific persons, but I still believe there are many who have a basic understanding of decency and kindness toward their fellow man.
jokershady
AG
I tell you what….God works in mysterious ways….and that's all I'm gonna say about that
The Porkchop Express
Little Rock Ag said:

It is sad and shameful that relatively so few people in powerful places have torn us apart as a nation. I will decline to name any names or cast blame on any specific persons,
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG

Little Rock Ag said:

It is sad and shameful that relatively so few people in powerful places have torn us apart as a nation. I will decline to name any names or cast blame on any specific persons,

Did he hit a nerve?
The Porkchop Express
Just the word choices!
AgsMyDude
AG
Lake08 said:

redag06 said:

Lake08 said:

annie88 said:

Don't they usually have two weeks between the last playoff game and the Super Bowl? If that's the case, that might be the answer.

Meaning, pushing all the playoff games back a week. Obviously not playing this game after the playoffs.

Why? Those teams don't know where or who they will be playing yet, so logistically not an issue.

You can't move the Super Bowl, that would be a logistical nightmare, but just eliminating the extra week in between the Super Bowl isn't an issue.

Pro bowl that week. HUGE corporate week

People watch the pro bowl?
swimmerbabe11
I have Said for forever and a day that they should turn pro bowl into a field day with capture the flag and red rover and games like that. make it fun. no one watches it the way it Is and it's not worth the risk
boy09
AG
Quote:

On September 26, 2022, the league announced they will be replacing the traditional Pro Bowl game with skills competitions throughout the week, culminating with a non-contact flag football game at the end of the week
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Pro_Bowl_Games
rackmonster
AG
rackmonster said:

This has happened before.....Oct 24, 1971. Tiger Stadium, Chicago Bears at Detroit Lions.

Chuck Hughes was a back-up wide out for the Lions. He wore #85. Late in the game, the Lions trailed 28-23. With 1:02 left in the game Hughes was running back to the Lions huddle and suddenly collapsed and went into convulsions. There was no contact involved. Dick Butkus, MLB for the Bears, leaned over Hughes and became immediately alarmed and frantically motioned for the Lions medical staff. Hughes was taken off the field on a stretcher and declared dead at the hospital at 5:35 local time....but he was actually dead on the field. He is still the only NFL player to die on the field.

I was in high school in 1971. Chuck Hughes was a familiar name to me because he spent his first 3 NFL seasons (67-69) with my Philadelphia Eagles. He was born in Philadelphia, but moved to Texas with his family as a child. He attended Abilene High School and played his college ball at Texas Western (now called UTEP). He still holds numerous records there and was inducted in UTEP HOF in 2006. He was a 4th round pick by the Eagles in 1967. He was mainly a back up, but very reliable when given the opportunity.

An autopsy revealed that Hughes had congenital heart disease....and very advanced for a man that young. One of his arteries was 75% blocked. He had complained of chest pains earlier in that season, but continued to play. He left behind a wife and a 1 year old son. He was buried in San Antonio, Tex.
There was an article this morning in the Philly paper about Chuck Hughes.

"Recalling an ex-Eagle who died on the field in 1971" by Mike Sielski.

Hughes spent the 1970 Training Camp with the Eagles, but was traded to Detroit just before the season started. Ray Didinger was a life-long Eagles reporter who began to cover the team in 1970. He said most of the players were not that friendly to the reporters, but Chuck always was. Always wore a cowboy hat...and loved listening to C&W, especially Waylon Jennings. He had a good 1970 season with the Lions, caught 8 passes for 162 yards, and helped the Lions reach the playoffs. (they lost to the Cowboys at the Cotton Bowl by a strange "baseball" score of 5-0.....the Cowboys would go on to lose Super Bowl V to the Baltimore Colts 16-13)

Chuck Hughes' widow, Sharon, told a haunting story to the Deroit Free Press in 1991, 20 years after his death. She said the night before the Bears game, they got into an argument...a rather innocuous one...about wether their 2 year old son was old enough to chew gum. The argument got heated....and Chuck left to spend the night at the team hotel.
They never spoke again.
Little Rock Ag
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Little Rock Ag said:

Did he hit a nerve?
I declined to name names because this is not the politics board. I have very strong opinions on who these individuals are, but I want to keep the peace here.
Aust Ag
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I have Said for forever and a day that they should turn pro bowl into a field day with capture the flag and red rover and games like that. make it fun. no one watches it the way it Is and it's not worth the risk
Red rover....
EliteZags
AG
AgsMyDude said:

Lake08 said:

redag06 said:

Lake08 said:

annie88 said:

Why? Those teams don't know where or who they will be playing yet, so logistically not an issue.

You can't move the Super Bowl, that would be a logistical nightmare, but just eliminating the extra week in between the Super Bowl isn't an issue.

Pro bowl that week. HUGE corporate week

People watch the pro bowl?

can't call yourself a degenerate gambler without loading action on the pro bowl
Panama Red
AG
More people watch the Pro Bowl in 2022 than watched all but 10 regular season college football games.
AgBQ-00
AG
The pro-bowl needs to be a skills competition for the skinny guys and hot dog eating contest for the hog mollies
The Porkchop Express
Time for my annual telling of the greatest Pro Bowl story ever told.

This story was told by former Oilers' linebacker Robert Brazile on the radio once. Brazile, for the unitiatied, was a massive linebacker (6-4 230) for the late 70s/early 80s Oilers and went to seven straight Pro Bowls. His first was in 1976. The Oilers' divisional rivals, the Steelers, had EIGHT guys from their defense named to the Pro Bowl, among them LC Greenwood, Mean Joe Greene, Jack Lambert, Jack Ham, and Mel Blount.

After the opening kickoff, Brazile went out there with the starting defense as the NFC took the field. Jack Lambert is playing OLB and starts calling out signals to align the defense to match what the NFC offense is doing, but Brazile realizes they are the Steelers' team signals.

Confused, Brazile hollers at Lambert," Hey, hey! Jack! What do you want me to do?"

Lambert smiles and says, 'Just stay out of our way."

Iowaggie
AG
I'm curious, if Shannon Sharpe and Skip had any conversation on this before they went on the air.

I'm not sure who watches that show regularly, but if they split, who would FOX keep?

I see no appeal in watching that show.
07ag
AG
peyton manning's bill belichick pro bowl stories are pretty good also

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/bill-belichick-pamela-anderson-peyton-manning-pro-bowl-manningcast-story
https://ts.la/eric59704
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Iowaggie said:

I'm curious, if Shannon Sharpe and Skip had any conversation on this before they went on the air.

I'm not sure who watches that show regularly, but if they split, who would FOX keep?

I have no idea who watches either other than unemployed dumb people. Just the commercials during football games for that show irritate the life out of me.
BCG Disciple
AG
There are some good Belichick pro bowl stories that came up in a MNF mannigcast a few weeks back. First was that he ised the coaches "need" option to invite a deep snapper because he was dating Pam Anderson and coach thought the players would enjoy seeing Pam Anderson at the pool.

There was another story about Belichick selecting Peter Boulware for the pro bowl. Boulware who was already mentally done with the season and vacationing because he didn't even think it was an option. Belichick picked him because he knew Boulware had a $1mm bonus if he played in the pro bowl and he wanted his former boss, Art Modell, to have to pay the bonus.
The Porkchop Express
Iowaggie said:

Shannon Sharpe should just reach across the table and rip Skip's arm out of his socket Chewbacca style.
aggiepaintrain
AG
Shannon needs his own show.
I watch only for his takes anyway.
Vince Blake
Meh. If Sharpe had any principles he would quit the show. He knew who he was getting in bed with when he partnered with that ****** nozzle.
MookieBlaylock
AG
I listen to it as background-

Sharpe makes bank on that show- Skip only talks about Baker, Dak and the Lakers - every show

Sharpe could not carry a show and neither can Skip- they oddly work together
Bregxit
AG
62strat
AG
Semi related question -
Do nfl players have health insurance through the NFL or team, or do they shop for open market health care?

If I had to guess, I'd guess they get it through the NFL, and that is costs them nothing, but maybe I might be surprised.
htxag09
AG
This is from a couple years ago. But teams cover entire cost. Also, have years of eligibility minimums to vest and get post retirement coverage.

https://nflpaweb.blob.core.windows.net/website/Departments/Benefits/NFL-PIP-SPD-Final-15.pdf
Mike Elko
AG
Not sure how reliable PFT is, but:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.