*****Bills vs Bengals*****

56,172 Views | 434 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by redag06
TefIon Don
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieRob93 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wow.

Not a Skip fan or apologist, but the last five words of that tweet is the point.

Skip going for the ratio of the century.
Frok
AG
I see the keyboard warriors are out to get anyone who doesn't act perfect
W
AG
Skip may be trying to get out front of the calls to cancel the rest of the regular season

which might be a possibility
amercer
AG
TefIon Don said:

…..that video isn't from today

Give you mom a hug any day you can.
schmellba99
AG
AtlAg05 said:

Didn't Skip post the question that was mentioned here about how to determine what the next steps are for playoffs?

The he ends it with the comment that it doesn't seem like it matters anymore after the injury. At least that's the way I read it

This. I think the general hate for Skip (deserved) makes some unable to read anything he posts without automatically assuming the worst.
jokershady
AG
Saw a video that this could be commotio cortis….which is that instance where the right amount of force and the perfectly wrong time triggers cardiac arrest….

Pure speculation but would make sense in this instance…
KatyAggie01
aa4136 said:

Jesus this sounds bad if he is apneic. 9 minutes of CPR would be very worrisome for anoxic brain injury.

Skip Bayless sucks.

I see online where 10 minutes without oxygen is brain death. Is that right? If so, this means life support. Can't figure out why the ambulance wasn't hauling out of there but yet waited for his mom.
Psycho Bunny
Skips Wikipedia page was updated.

Damar Hamlin tweet

On January 2nd, 2023 amid Damar Hamlin's hospitalization for injuries obtained in the Week 17 game between the Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals game, Bayless made a tweet that was dragged and notably called out as insensitive stating: "No doubt the NFL is considering postponing the rest of this game - but how? This late in the season, a game of this magnitude is crucial to the regular-season outcome ... which suddenly seems so irrelevant."[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Bayless#cite_note-35][35][/url]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Bayless
investorAg83
AG
jokershady said:

Saw a video that this could be commotio cortis….which is that instance where the right amount of force and the perfectly wrong time triggers cardiac arrest….

Pure speculation but would make sense in this instance…

Knew a guy that took a bad hop in the infield and had this happen.
wangus12
AG
Reggiesankles said:

aa4136 said:

Jesus this sounds bad if he is apneic. 9 minutes of CPR would be very worrisome for anoxic brain injury.

Skip Bayless sucks.

I see online where 10 minutes without oxygen is brain death. Is that right? If so, this means life support. Can't figure out why the ambulance wasn't hauling out of there but yet waited for his mom.

10 minutes is usually the starting point where you start to see damage. Doesn't guarantee loss of function. Differs patient to patient. But usually after 10 minutes without good O2 flow, there tends to be long term issues even if the patient survives
Bregxit
AG
Psycho Bunny said:

Skips Wikipedia page was updated.

Damar Hamlin tweet

On January 2nd, 2023 amid Damar Hamlin's hospitalization for injuries obtained in the Week 17 game between the Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals game, Bayless made a tweet that was dragged and notably called out as insensitive stating: "No doubt the NFL is considering postponing the rest of this game - but how? This late in the season, a game of this magnitude is crucial to the regular-season outcome ... which suddenly seems so irrelevant."[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Bayless#cite_note-35][35][/url]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Bayless

So dumb. Needs an additional statement that 10s of thousands of responses revealed the lack of reading comprehension by social media users.
amercer
AG
God. Joe Buck saying that they were pounding on his chest for 10 minutes
aa4136
No specific time in that sense but I can tell you even a couple of minutes of poor blood flow or delay in getting the blood circulating is the difference between brain death and recovery. The one ray of hope is he is young, fit, and got what we would hope is "high-quality" chest compressions and CPR were started with trained medical staff.

Either way...I'll stop speculating further here. I've become a bit too numb to these as a physician. I truly hope for the best for him.

I urge all of us to to learn how to do CPR and know how to use an AED if you get the chance. Just never know when these events can happen to anyone.
Tergdor
AG
Frok said:

The vast majority of people are incapable of thinking past the immediate emotional response.

Which is why the wisest thing to do in these situations is to shut up, or else all those negative emotions will be turned on you. My Mom taught me that when I was real young.
amercer
AG
Reggiesankles said:

aa4136 said:

Skip Bayless sucks.

If they are doing cpr then your brain is getting oxygen. That's why keeping the chest compressions going is so important
wangus12
AG
Yep. Any circulation is better than none
wangus12
AG
I also absolutely despise that the press are outside the hospital.
ElephantRider
AG
wangus12 said:

Vultures
amercer
AG
wangus12 said:

But we are all watching

So it's kind of on us too
Know Your Enemy
AG
Guy says he's Damar's friend and marketing rep.

AtlAg05
AG
Reporting on the events is what news is for, it's when they start bringing family into it and shoving cameras in their face trying to get a clip for their broadcast that drives me crazy.
jokershady
AG
I'm no medical professional but I've worked in the health and fitness industry for 16 years and had to perform CPR on a member once. Guy didn't make it but we did our best and actually brought him back for a short period. It happens.

My point for bringing it up is afterwards I read up on a lot different outcomes in these scenarios and called an old co-worker who's now a full-time HFD responder and asked him questions….and honestly was looking for validation of my actions.

When you go into cardiac arrest, the compressions are extremely important because unless you've drowned, you have a good solid 5-8 minutes of oxygenated blood already in your system. Which makes the compressions he was getting quickly so critical and really beneficial.

Also, if the AED actually shocked him, it's a better sign than if it didn't. An AED only shocks on a "shockable rythem." If a person is flatlined, shocking does nothing and an AED won't work. The guy I had worked on was never able to be shocked by our equipment or the paramedics.

Keep praying. Those medical professionals know their stuff. Hopefully he pulls through with their help!
pagerman @ work
AG
Tergdor said:

Frok said:

The vast majority of people are incapable of thinking past the immediate emotional response.

Which is why the wisest thing to do in these situations is to shut up, or else all those negative emotions will be turned on you. My Mom taught me that when I was real young.

That's kind of backwards unless you are speaking to his family directly.

Unrelated parties getting righteously indignant because their lack of reading comprehension skills cause them to form a virtual mob over something that wasn't actually said should not be coddled. Grown adults should be able to discuss legitimate and serious issues without allowing the dumbest and least logical elements of society to silence them.
Raiderjay
Know Your Enemy said:

That would be awesome if true
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
wangus12
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

So he's still not breathing on his own
n_touch
Happen to be in Houston? Was this 3 years or so ago?
Raiderjay
wangus12 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Thats a good point, sounds like he is not breathing on his own which is not good…: praying for a miracle
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
91AggieLawyer
AG
Hodor said:

wangus12 said:

cone said:

question

do training staffs not have AEDs on the sidelines?

I'd doubt it. Plus that ambulance has way better equipment. I've worked EMS at A&M games and they didn't have them, but that was over a decade ago

I'm pretty sure that the paramedics have one on the ambulance. Would definitely have a monitor/defibrillator on board.

There was a player for Westlake, committed to tu a decade ago who collapsed during a game. Lots of doctors there (including both of his parents). Got CPR, survived. Ended up getting an AICD (implanted defibrillator), and medically retired from the sport. tu honored his scholarship, IIRC. I'm fairly certain that AEDs are now standard sideline equipment here at least

The equipment ambulances and Paramedics probably have costs north of $40K and are basically ER units in a box. They are far superior to a simple AED you'd find on any sideline or on the wall of a school. In the hands of a trained paramedic, it does everything -- diagnoses the patient, tells the para what medication is needed, hell, it does everything but drive to the hospital. I would analogize it like this: the AED is sort of like a TI calculator (or tablet, if you must) and the device I'm talking about is a bit like a super computer, or a cluster that can be handled by one person.

For those that are familiar with the '70s TV show, Emergency!, a lot of that stuff was realistic, however, things have changed greatly in the last 45-50 years. The more equipped units don't have to remain in constant contact with the hospitals and ER docs anymore -- whatever the docs would tell them to do and whatever they're capable of actually doing in the field, the machine I'm referencing here will guide them on.

When I was looking at one of these machines last spring and talking to paramedics about them, I didn't quiz the guys about the machine's limitations -- and I'm sure there are some. I'm also sure that in this case, the team doctors got on board to help the paramedics on the way to the hospital, so unlike a normal ambulance ride with you and me, there is one or two MDs who can provide additional medical advice and treatment, though without more equipment, they are limited. Once they got to the hospital, they'd have the equipment to properly diagnose something that was out of the ordinary -- say, a ruptured aorta or something like that. If it was an injury that, for whatever reason, sent him into cardiac and/or respiratory arrest, they may have decided to try and stabilize him before transport. Probably due to time and oxygen deprivation. I'll let more knowledgable medical people comment. But he's far healthier than average and can probably withstand more than even a fit individual could.

Rest assured, he's in as good of hands as he could be in right now.
Tergdor
AG
pagerman @ work said:

Tergdor said:

Frok said:

That's kind of backwards unless you are speaking to his family directly.

Unrelated parties getting righteously indignant because their lack of reading comprehension skills cause them to form a virtual mob over something that wasn't actually said should not be coddled. Grown adults should be able to discuss legitimate and serious issues without allowing the dumbest and least logical elements of society to silence them.

I agree with you, that's how it should be. Unfortunately, social media is mob rule.

Skip will probably face some kind of repercussion for his tweet, either reputational or financial, even though it isn't deserved.
jokershady
AG
Houston, yes. But this was summer of 2022.

3 years ago I believe is the time lapse of us having another guy go down outside of the club which I responded to, but wasn't first on scene and by the time I had arrived paramedics were there….and actually the former co-worker I mentioned was the first to respond to that one and did compressions that time….

That was a sad one cause it was just terrible timing….it happened at 5-something in the morning as he was heading to his vehicle so it was crucial minutes before anything was known to be wrong….
Raiderjay
Medical experts online pointing to Commotio Cordis, an extremely rare blunt force impact to the heart at a specific time in the cardiac rhythm that can cause arrest
n_touch
Sound like what happened to a family friend, was a little later in the year. Im gonna bet it was him.
Bregxit
AG
Raiderjay said:

wangus12 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Thats a good point, sounds like he is not breathing on his own which is not good…: praying for a miracle
Sounds like he is basically anesthetized. You get tubes down your throat during surgery also.
Know Your Enemy
AG
wangus12 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

I'm far from an expert but he said his vitals are back to normal so wouldn't that mean he's breathing on his own?
jokershady
AG
If he had gone to the doctor/hospital a few weeks prior because he felt something was wrong but doctors couldn't find anything, then definitely was him.

One of my clients was friends with someone that knew him, and found out he had gone to the doctor to get checked out and whatever was wrong with him they missed it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.