*****Bills vs Bengals*****

56,125 Views | 434 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by redag06
Raiderjay
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Know Your Enemy said:

wangus12 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Guy says he's Damar's friend and marketing rep.

So he's still not breathing on his own

I'm far from an expert but he said his vitals are back to normal so wouldn't that mean he's breathing on his own?

I don't think so if they had to intubate him
[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
agent-maroon
AG
Could just as easily mean that his heart rate and blood pressure have been low/high without addressing his ability to breathe on his own.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Aries
No
62strat
AG
Seven Costanza said:

Obviously the game is secondary to everything, but I don't see any good options for the outcome of the game. You can't play the game. You can't reschedule it. You can't call it a tie. You can't just award the Bengals the win. Cancel it and just not have it count? What are you supposed to do?
it's all percentage based anyway. Two teams may be out of 16 for % wins.

If bills win last game and chiefs lose, then 13/16 beats 13/17. Otherwise, chiefs get conference, Since 14/17 beats 13/16.

For bengals/ravens, bengals get it no matter what, since a loss results in 11/16, which is better than ravens can get.

Again, it's all percentage based, though we're used to seeing the denominator be the same, which means a higher numerator wins. But it's just math.

Waltonloads08
AG
Bregxit said:

Psycho Bunny said:

Skips Wikipedia page was updated.

Damar Hamlin tweet

On January 2nd, 2023 amid Damar Hamlin's hospitalization for injuries obtained in the Week 17 game between the Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals game, Bayless made a tweet that was dragged and notably called out as insensitive stating: "No doubt the NFL is considering postponing the rest of this game - but how? This late in the season, a game of this magnitude is crucial to the regular-season outcome ... which suddenly seems so irrelevant."[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Bayless#cite_note-35][35][/url]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Bayless

So dumb. Needs an additional statement that 10s of thousands of responses revealed the lack of reading comprehension by social media users.

I'd wager average NFL fan is dumber than the overall average reader, so this is a "know your audience" situation.
W
AG
the NFL is in a tough spot.

it's fair to ask...why should the Texans-Colts and Falcons-Panthers games be played in week 18?

both games are meaningless for the playoffs
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Performance based contract bonuses would likely make the players and coaches want to
Frok
AG
Because it's scheduled, people bought tickets, networks bought rights, players want to get paid?

BowSowy
AG
Besides, how would cancelling those two games affect the situation with the Bengals and Bills?
n_touch
Raiderjay said:

Know Your Enemy said:

wangus12 said:

Know Your Enemy said:

Guy says he's Damar's friend and marketing rep.

So he's still not breathing on his own

I'm far from an expert but he said his vitals are back to normal so wouldn't that mean he's breathing on his own?

I don't think so if they had to intubate him
Also keep in mind they have to figure out what happened. Yes there was a cardiac event but why. CPR is violent especially for that long. It is not the small compressions you see on TV. Even if they were able to get a pulse and he was breathing sometimes it is easier to medically sedate a patient for all the testing. Odds are he is having MRIs and possibly getting a cardiac cath or surgery if it was strictly a cardiac issue.
SquareOne07
AG
Hearing some grapevine non-published information that it's not good and the family is being consulted with.

Prayers…
Aries
Why even post that? Do you have special connections?
E
AG
Where are you hearing this? Reddit? Twitter?
Aries
The voices in his head that want internet famousness??
double aught
AG
jokershady said:

Saw a video that this could be commotio cortis….which is that instance where the right amount of force and the perfectly wrong time triggers cardiac arrest….

Pure speculation but would make sense in this instance…
This was my wild ass guess too. It would fit the scenario. And with early CPR and early defibrillation his odds would be pretty good. Just a hopeful guess.
Texker
AG
Prayers for Damar and his family.
SquareOne07
AG
Aries said:

Why even post that? Do you have special connections?

Connection within ESPN
EliteZags
AG
obviously a rare freak injury that while a pro football game elevates the chances of occurring, also put him in the best possible situation to receive the level of immediate treatment/attention that will hopefully save his life
nai06
AG
EliteZags said:

obviously a rare freak injury that while a pro football game elevates the chances of occurring, also put him in the best possible situation to receive the level of immediate treatment/attention that will hopefully save his life

Seriously. He had immediate high quality medical care. Short of being in the hospital already, its the best case scenario.
i is smart
AG
bigjag19
AG
We had to do this in a hockey game over the summer. It was easily 20 minutes of CPR before he was loaded up and taken, with the last 7 or 8 being by the medics.

He did live and is ok.
TyHolden
AG
bigjag19 said:

We had to do this in a hockey game over the summer. It was easily 20 minutes of CPR before he was loaded up and taken, with the last 7 or 8 being by the medics.

He did live and is ok.
the Aggie hockey team???
bigjag19
AG
Adult beer league
TyHolden
AG
bigjag19 said:

Adult beer league
hockey <> softfball

you guys are crazy. i guess you're canadian.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Bigfoot Is Real said:

Took 2 hours to go from $12K to over $1M.

Texker
AG
Bigfoot Is Real said:

I just checked and it's already $1,224,760.
amercer
AG
Ryan Clark should win an award for his work tonight.
kyledr04
AG
amercer said:

Yep.

He and SVP did great
TyHolden
AG
What is Lisa Salters wearing? Looks like a rattlesnake, a blue jean jacket, and something from Hobby Lobby mated....
The Porkchop Express
TyHolden said:

What is Lisa Salters wearing? Looks like a rattlesnake, a blue jean jacket, and something from Hobby Lobby mated....
TyHolden
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

TyHolden said:

yeah, wrong thread. my bad.
Iowaggie
AG
bdp514am
amercer said:

. The best work ESPN has done in decades
Aston04
AG
W said:

Skip may be trying to get out front of the calls to cancel the rest of the regular season

which might be a possibility
no way.
LeonardSkinner
Man… I'm worried. They say "no news is good news," but this is starting to feel like gathering family before they make an announcement to the world at large.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.