*****Bills vs Bengals*****

56,126 Views | 434 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by redag06
Silvertaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Not sure how reliable PFT is, but:

If this weekend's games workout in a certain way, the Bills/Bengals game would be irrelevant.
bigjag19
AG
We call that the NFL praying it happens.

Could be some mysterious calls.
Mike Elko
AG
No doubt. That tweet (if accurate) makes it sound like the NFL's making a decision prior to this weekend's games, though.
Mike Elko
AG
AP reporting, too: https://apnews.com/article/kansas-city-chiefs-buffalo-bills-cincinnati-bengals-sports-nfl-football-0aaf8589e7bc364a6625b19eb48f3233
Panama Red
AG
Quote:

If this weekend's games workout in a certain way, the Bills/Bengals game would be irrelevant.

Isn't that Chiefs win, Bills & Bengals both lose?
Iowaggie
AG
AustinAg2012 said:

Not sure how reliable PFT is, but:

Too early for this tweet

[/social media]
The Porkchop Express
Well now I really regret saying I'd take the tie in fantasy football, because the accumulated scores from Monday night would have had me winning by 2 points.
agent-maroon
AG
agent-maroon said:

wangus12 said:

Working in medicine has numbed it to situations like this. My wife is tearing up, but brain is just running algorithms trying to decide exactly what happened

Cardiac arrest, + pulse, - breathing on his own. Not good. Sounds like something similar to what happened to Mike Leach. I really, really hope I'm wrong about that

He's waking up and actually asked who won the game. I was wrong and and very happy to be. God is good!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The D
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Well now I really regret saying I'd take the tie in fantasy football, because the accumulated scores from Monday night would have had me winning by 2 points.

Are they going to use those or just zero out the scores ?
Drewmeister
AG
The D said:

This is what Yahoo says:

Quote:

IN THE EVENT OF A BILLS-BENGALS GAME CANCELLATION

If the game is declared final by the NFL and scored as is (meaning the score is finalized as 7-3), all fantasy points will remain as is.

If the game is canceled and stats are zeroed out by the NFL, all fantasy points accumulated in the Bills-Bengals game will be zeroed out to reflect the official record.

They also detail other scenarios for the game being resumed, if you play week 18, how week 17 changes would be made retroactively, etc.
The D
AG
I was down 12 heading in with burrow/diggs against chase. I was winning by 2 when the game was called. I'm losing by 12 again. The dude I'm playing says whatever the final scores of the app is should stand.

I think I got ****ed

Pretty sure I will lost my points and "lose" by 12, when I had a 99% chance to win.
htxag09
AG
First, our playoffs are combined totals of two weeks. But for our league, they took the app estimated final mid game scores. For the championship game, they then took the delta and basically said because of that it gave person 1 a 13 point advantage. If after this week team 1 won by 13+ he wins, if he wins by 0-13, they decided to split the 1st and 2nd place evenly, if team 2 wins, he wins.
bigjag19
AG
htxag09 said:

First, our playoffs are combined totals of two weeks. But for our league, they took the app estimated final mid game scores. For the championship game, they then took the delta and basically said because of that it gave person 1 a 13 point advantage. If after this week team 1 won by 13+ he wins, if he wins by 0-13, they decided to split the 1st and 2nd place evenly, if team 2 wins, he wins.

And if no clear winner emerges from all of this, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a champion can be crowned.
gougler08
AG
So basically all Allen and Burrow owners are probably screwed out of the championship…rough
MookieBlaylock
AG
Nobody gives a crap about your fantasy teams
AgEng06
AG
gougler08 said:

So basically all Allen and Burrow owners are probably screwed out of the championship…rough

I have Burrow and my opponent has Allen and Singletary... but I had a 40 pt lead, so it should be ok.
Silvertaps
AG
Game is now officially cancelled.
The D
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Nobody gives a crap about your fantasy teams

You care enough to post how no one gives a crap about fantasy teams.
MookieBlaylock
AG
No i was just responding to the thread derail

go play with your fantasy football friends- 2 more weeks until your D&D Season starts!!!
Silvertaps
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

go play with your fantasy football friends- 2 more weeks until your D&D Season starts!!!

FF = D&D?
That's a new and weird connection.
The D
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Again, you care enough to post not once, but twice about fantasy football. BUT YOU DONT CARE
MookieBlaylock
AG
Silvertaps said:

MookieBlaylock said:

FF = D&D?

Not really
Commissioner is the dungeon master
Every one picks their players from positions
Wizard; Dwarf; Cleric Ogre etc etc based
Then you go on quests each week to battle other armies to win the prize of a pot of gold

Same damn thing
The D
AG
3 posts now how you don't give a crap
MookieBlaylock
AG
Still confused as to how I am showing interest in your FF team
The Porkchop Express
The D said:

Probably 12 hours after I said I thought our direction should be 1) See if they play the game; 2) Declare it a tie and split the money, or 3) Use those guys' Week 18 stats - Sleeper posted a message saying it was going to count the stats from Week 17 and move forward, then the app declared me league champion.

But I couldn't un-say what was said, and I think that would have been kinda a cheap way out anyways. I was the #4 seed and lost Kupp and Lamar late in the year, so pretty happy about it. Plus, I'm pretty sure at least half the league is 20+ years younger than me, so that's a nice ego boost.
The D
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Still confused as to how I am showing interest in your FF team

4 posts now how you don't give a crap
Silvertaps
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Silvertaps said:

MookieBlaylock said:

FF = D&D?

Not really
Then you go on quests each week to battle other armies to win the prize of a pot of gold

Same damn thing

If you say so, seems you know a lot more about D&D than I do. To keep the "fantasy football" aspect related to the thread topic, there is a LOT of money on the line not only within individual leagues, but with sites like Fan Duel and Draftkings. I'll be interested to see what solutions they come up with.
The Porkchop Express
MookieBlaylock said:

Silvertaps said:

MookieBlaylock said:

FF = D&D?

Not really

Same damn thing
Stop being an *******.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am not surprised NFL commissioner Roger Goodell decided to cancel this game. In announcing the decision to cancel the game, the NFL cited three key factors: The outcome would have no bearing on which teams qualified for the postseason; playing the game would have altered the playoff schedule for the remaining teams; and not playing the game would allow all clubs to know the postseason possibilities before the start of Week 18.

Because of the canceled game, the league's owners will vote Friday -- with 24 of 32 needed (three-fourths majority) to approve -- on scenarios approved by the competition committee Thursday that involve a neutral site for an AFC Championship Game. Those are dependent on Week 18 outcomes:

If Buffalo and Kansas City both win or tie, a Bills-Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

If Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Baltimore wins or ties, a Bills-Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

If Buffalo and Kansas City both lose and Cincinnati wins, a Bills or Bengals vs. Chiefs championship game will be at a neutral site.

The potential neutral sites have not yet been determined. The seeds will hold up throughout the playoffs.
If Buffalo and Kansas City both win this weekend, the Chiefs will get the bye. If Buffalo wins and Kansas City loses, the Bills will be the No. 1 seed and get the bye, and no neutral sites would come into play.

If the Baltimore Ravens win and are matched against Cincinnati in an AFC wild-card game, the site will be determined by a coin flip. If Cincinnati wins or if the two teams are not matched against each other after a potential Ravens win, regular scheduling procedures will go into effect.

amercer
AG
Well that all seems straightforward…..
toucan82
Jerry world

Book it
BCG Disciple
AG
Why does the ravens-bengals home location get decided by a coin flip, but the chiefs-bills is neutral site with chiefs having a bye.

The bills, through a horrific accident, had to cancel a game. They were in control of their own destiny. Win out, and they have the 1 seed and a bye by virtue of a HEAD TO HEAD tiebreaker over the chiefs. I would be outraged if I was a Bills fan. They just got bent over by the league. At least a coin flip for the 1 seed would be more fair than the scenario presented.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
This one is easy. Simply eliminate the byes in both conferences this year only. The bye is less important if there isn't one. If KC Buf or Cincy can't beat the 6,7 and 8th best teams they don't deserve to move on. Do the NFC the same way to keep things equitable.
LincolnBorglum79
AG
Actually, the bye should just be eliminated and 16 teams make the playoffs. Works for other sports.

They might find the top seed loses because of the layoff and dump it anyway.
redag06
Bills mafia will load up a neutral site and essentially make it a home game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.