*****Bills vs Bengals*****

56,142 Views | 434 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by redag06
cupcakesprinkles
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For this to happen, he was in one of the best places because he didn't have to wait for the EMS to arrive to receive treatment that can save his life. Thank goodness he wasn't home where he would have had to wait on professional help or by himself.
IslanderAg04
How does a 24 year old super athlete just collapse in a normal, every day football play. Scary. Praying for him.

Selfish side of me, i only need 6 points from Steffon to win my league and a rather large pot.
Little Rock Ag
AG
cone said:

question

do training staffs not have AEDs on the sidelines?
I would think there are personnel (MDs, paramedics) who can quickly initiate defibrillation manually.
wangus12
AG
cone said:

question

I'd doubt it. Plus that ambulance has way better equipment. I've worked EMS at A&M games and they didn't have them, but that was over a decade ago
W
AG
the game would probably be cancelled if the NFL had the old playoff format...

where the #1 seed and #2 seed both got a bye.

but since only the #1 seed gets a bye...Buffalo needs a win tonight
evestor1
Vena Cava?
TxAg05
AG
Gotta get the pads off but after that should be quick to shock if it was needed.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Marvin
AG
Kolber doing a hell of a job in an impossible situation.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
TxAg05
AG
DJ Hayden injury
Buck Compton
AG
Makes me think of both Kevin Everett (also of the Buffalo Bills), and former Dallas Star Rich Peverley. One was a really bad neck injury and instant paralysis. Other was a-fib. Heck, a goalie (Clint Malarchuk) in the late 80s had his neck sliced open by a skate.

As much as these people keep saying unprecedented, that's not true. Serious injuries happen in sports. In the Peverley NJL game they postponed it. In the other two they kept playing.

I think they should likely postpone the game.
evestor1
First thing I though of.
cone
AG
game should be cancelled
Hubert J. Farnsworth
Why is espn not changing to something else for the time being? These 3 don't know what else to say. It's not their faults.
redag06
gtaggie_08 said:

Given the magnitude of this game (home field advantage/only first round bye) the game needs to be played but has too much at stake to play on tonight with what the players just saw

When do you play it though?
Hodor
AG
wangus12 said:

cone said:

question

I'd doubt it. Plus that ambulance has way better equipment. I've worked EMS at A&M games and they didn't have them, but that was over a decade ago

I'm pretty sure that the paramedics have one on the ambulance. Would definitely have a monitor/defibrillator on board.

There was a player for Westlake, committed to tu a decade ago who collapsed during a game. Lots of doctors there (including both of his parents). Got CPR, survived. Ended up getting an AICD (implanted defibrillator), and medically retired from the sport. tu honored his scholarship, IIRC. I'm fairly certain that AEDs are now standard sideline equipment here at least
IslanderAg04
Know Your Enemy said:

This means it was a heart issue. Didn't JJ just have to shock his heart bc he had severe arithmia which pushed his retirement?
wangus12
AG
Agreed. This happens all the time in sports. Maybe not Monday Night Football, but it happens all the time
BayAg_14
Not sure if the ambulance waiting is good or really bad.

ElephantRider
AG
Hodor said:

wangus12 said:

cone said:

question

I'm pretty sure that the paramedics have one on the ambulance. Would definitely have a monitor/defibrillator on board.

There was a player for Westlake, committed to tu a decade ago who collapsed during a game. Lots of doctors there (including both of his parents). Got CPR, survived. Ended up getting an AICD (implanted defibrillator), and medically retired from the sport. tu honored his scholarship, IIRC. I'm fairly certain that AEDs are now standard sideline equipment here at least

Per the tweet above, AED was used
amercer
AG
I don't think it's good
Waltonloads08
AG
they need to cancel the game, do not make the players go back out there.
Psycho Bunny
ESPN could at least throw a 30 for 30 out there, or I'm sure some basketball game is being played some where.
htxag09
AG
I'd imagine even if he looked to recover fully they'd still rush him to the hospital to be sure….but have no experience in the emergency medical field
Marvin
AG
BayAg_14 said:

That doesn't make sense.
I love Texas Aggie sports, but I love Texas A&M more.
Pahdz
Local reporter on the scene said he has a pulse but not breathing on his own via Twitter
The Porkchop Express
Hubert J. Farnsworth said:

Why is espn not changing to something else for the time being? These 3 don't know what else to say. It's not their faults.

Because espn doesnt want to be scooped. And what else would they show?
pagerman @ work
AG
Marvin said:

BayAg_14 said:

That doesn't make sense.

There are two instances in which it makes sense.

One is that they have him stabilized to the point that they can wait for her.
W
AG
the game would not be played.

and of course that would be a big advantage for the Chiefs
wangus12
AG
He's definitely going to the hospital. If they've got a pulse, they got a chance. Question is how long did it take to reestablish that rhythm. After 10 minutes, you start to see brain damage
sleepybeagle
AG
(Question answered)
htxag09
AG
Right. My comment was about the ambulance waiting in the parking lot….
aggiebrother33
Could be waiting for life flight also
pagerman @ work
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

They should get someone on set with an above room temperature IQ to replace Booger.
Seven Costanza
AG
pagerman @ work said:

The Porkchop Express said:

They should get someone on set with an above room temperature IQ to replace Booger.
He did fine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.