Ashli Babbit lawsuit

24,553 Views | 408 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by InfantryAg
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tanya 93 said:

whatthehey78 said:

Tanya 93 said:

BMX Bandit said:

The penalty for that is supposed to be jail, not death.

If this was a liberal, so many on here would support them being shot

And we know it.

At least I am consistent on this.
I agree...you are "consistently" wrong!

I have no problems with rioters being shot

Sorry if that bugs you
I take it you never watched the Jan 6th timeline film I posted?
Goodnight Irene
AG
Rockdoc said:

I think some of our lib posters must have been there observing the whole thing. They really seem to know everything. And to root for an unarmed person to be shot is just evil, no matter whose window or door she was going through. I really think if she had made it in she could have been subdued. Of course this was worse than 9-11 or the civil war, right?

Seeing as texags is monitored by the feds and there were a lot of feds present in the January 6 crowd, that may be pretty true though.
B-1 83
AG
Without combing through pages of replies, am I the only one who thinks her wearing a backpack may have set the cop off more than had she not had one? For how many years have we heard of backpacks with weapons or explosives. I'm not defending the cop, just throwing it out for discussion.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Foreverconservative
B-1 83 said:

Without combing through pages of replies, am I the only one who thinks her wearing a backpack may have set the cop off more than had she not had one? For how many years have we heard of backpacks with weapons or explosives. I'm not defending the cop, just throwing it out for discussion.
Problem with that, Byrd never saw the backpack, all she got through the window was her head and he shot her in the neck just below the jawline. She immediately fell backwards into the arms of the plain clothed CHPD officer that was right behind her. Byrd just panicked plain and simple. He didn't clearly identify his target, never checked his line of fire because there were CHPD officers behind her and a complete response team coming up the stairs directly behind her. both her hands were visible on the window frame because she was trying to pull herself through the window, so it was easy to tell she had nothing in her hands. Byrd panicked plain and simple.

Notice the back of the head of the clean cut guy, that's a CHPD in plain clothes.

She fell back into this CHPD officer's arms and he helped lay her down to render her aide

Here the plain clothed CHPD is rendering her aide and you see part of the response team to his left. They were all behind her and seven other members on the stairs.

That area is a landing on the stair well leading into the Speakers wing as the call it.

Lt. Michael Byrd, the officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt, was reprimanded in 2018 for leaving his loaded sidearm unattended in a public Capitol Visitor's Center bathroom.

Check out this photo from a few minutes earlier

Minutes after this photo, Lt. Byrd shot and killed Ashli Babbitt. This officer clearly has very poor muzzle discipline and in my personal opinion his use of lethal force against Ashli Babbitt was unjustified.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
2040huck
Foreverconservative said:

B-1 83 said:

Problem with that, Byrd never saw the backpack, all she got through the window was her head and he shot her in the neck just below the jawline. She immediately fell backwards into the arms of the plain clothed CHPD officer that was right behind her. Byrd just panicked plain and simple. He didn't clearly identify his target, never checked his line of fire because there were CHPD officers behind her and a complete response team coming up the stairs directly behind her. both her hands were visible on the window frame because she was trying to pull herself through the window, so it was easy to tell she had nothing in her hands. Byrd panicked plain and simple.

Notice the back of the head of the clean cut guy, that's a CHPD in plain clothes.

She fell back into this CHPD officer's arms and he helped lay her down to render her aide

Here the plain clothed CHPD is rendering her aide and you see part of the response team to his left. They were all behind her and seven other members on the stairs.

That area is a landing on the stair well leading into the Speakers wing as the call it.

Lt. Michael Byrd, the officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt, was reprimanded in 2018 for leaving his loaded sidearm unattended in a public Capitol Visitor's Center bathroom.

Minutes after this photo, Lt. Byrd shot and killed Ashli Babbitt. This officer clearly has very poor muzzle discipline and in my personal opinion his use of lethal force against Ashli Babbitt was unjustified.

Maybe so, but how many other law breakers decided not to enter after it happened?
aggiehawg
AG
Well stated.

Let's skip ahead a bit to how much of Byrd's past will be admissible. With one of the causes of action being a negligent hire and retention, my guess would be most if not all of it.

So then it comes down to jury instructions on excessive force as an LEO and the elements for a justifiable homicide as set forth in Graham v Connor.

But first, will need an extensive jury questionnaire on people's opinions about Jan 6th. Get a great jury consultant to do that. Jo-Ellan Demetrius comes to mind. She was the jury consultant for both OJ's criminal trial and Kyle Rittenhouse's trial.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
2040huck said:

B-1 83 said:

Maybe so, but how many other law breakers decided not to enter after it happened?

Wow…ghoulish.
BluHorseShu
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Tanya 93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around
Because you will find out

She was climbing thru the window of a barricaded door.
Maybe don't do that.
Or you will be shot??

You won't shoot someone breaking into your home?

My home isn't a public government building.
Maybe test this out by breaking into a congressman's office or the WH while shouting obscenities and that your their for person X . If the police tell you to stop or be shot, will you be surprised they do what they said they'd do? There are so many preferred scenarios on here that don't match what happened.
Old Army Ghost
do we include where the terrorist who was shot previously drove her car into and then tried to beat up a girl friend of her side piece as reason for her being a threat
Old Army has gone to hell.
aggiehawg
AG
Old Army Ghost said:

do we include where the terrorist who was shot previously drove her car into and then tried to beat up a girl friend of her side piece as reason for her being a threat
I have no idea what you are talking about.
2040huck
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

2040huck said:

B-1 83 said:

Wow…ghoulish.
I guess I am ghoulish I have no problem with this shooting and would have none if a police officer shot people breaking doors and looting where ever. Dumb games and dumb prizes
Old Army Ghost
aggiehawg said:

Old Army Ghost said:

our maga martyr ashli

Quote:

The first time Celeste Norris laid eyes on Ashli Babbitt, the future insurrectionist from San Diego had just rammed Norris' vehicle three times with an SUV and was pounding on the window, challenging her to a fight.
Norris says the bad blood between them began in 2015, when Babbitt engaged in a months-long extramarital affair with Norris' longtime live-in boyfriend. When she learned of the relationship, Norris called Babbitt's husband and told him she was cheating.

"She pulls up yelling and screaming," Norris said in an exclusive interview with the Associated Press, recounting the July 29, 2016, road-rage incident in Prince Frederick, Md. "It took me a good 30 seconds to figure out who she was. … Just all sorts of expletives, telling me to get out of the car, that she was going to beat my ass."

The attack on Norris is an example of erratic and sometimes threatening behavior by Babbitt, who was shot by a police officer while at the vanguard of the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2022-01-03/ashli-babbitt-capitol-riot-killed-trump-martyr
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

No transcript from the hearing was available, but Norris said the lawyer defending Babbitt made repeated references to her employment at the local nuclear power plant and years of military service, which included deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. A judge acquitted Babbitt on the criminal charges.
Would appear to me, that would be ruled inadmissible since there was no conviction. But even if there was a conviction it still might be inadmissible as it could be deemed by a judge to be more prejudicial than probative of the issues in the case. Maaaaayybe it could be allowed in under propensity for violence but again, Babbit's reputation for violence is not something Byrd could have possibly been aware of, so still unlikely, in my view.
Old Army Ghost
she was trash who had previously assaulted people and tried to attack politicians
we may not like politicians she dont get a pass to try and attack then because shes maga

good shot
fixer
Fear biters
Ragoo
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

I guess I missed the death penalty as one of the appropriate punishments for trespassing at a government building in daylight while unarmed.

So we should not shoot people breaking into locked areas?
Cool
correct. Law enforcement should enforce the law. She may have been breaking the law but was not afforded Miranda or due process.
Ragoo
AG
Old Army Ghost said:

she was trash who had previously assaulted people and tried to attack politicians
we may not like politicians she dont get a pass to try and attack then because shes maga

good shot
you only know the hindsight BECAUSE she was shot.
aggiehawg
AG
Old Army Ghost said:

good shot
Not under the applicable law.
fixer
If Byrd was in such mortal danger that to protect others and himself he should have mag dumped everyone near that door.

That didn't happen.

This was a wildly reckless shoot with multiple le that could have been hit.
Foreverconservative
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
BoydCrowder13
Old Army Ghost said:

aggiehawg said:

Old Army Ghost said:

our maga martyr ashli

Quote:

The first time Celeste Norris laid eyes on Ashli Babbitt, the future insurrectionist from San Diego had just rammed Norris' vehicle three times with an SUV and was pounding on the window, challenging her to a fight.
Norris says the bad blood between them began in 2015, when Babbitt engaged in a months-long extramarital affair with Norris' longtime live-in boyfriend. When she learned of the relationship, Norris called Babbitt's husband and told him she was cheating.

"She pulls up yelling and screaming," Norris said in an exclusive interview with the Associated Press, recounting the July 29, 2016, road-rage incident in Prince Frederick, Md. "It took me a good 30 seconds to figure out who she was. … Just all sorts of expletives, telling me to get out of the car, that she was going to beat my ass."

The attack on Norris is an example of erratic and sometimes threatening behavior by Babbitt, who was shot by a police officer while at the vanguard of the Jan. 6 riot at the U.S. Capitol.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2022-01-03/ashli-babbitt-capitol-riot-killed-trump-martyr

Right wing George Floyd.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Right wing George Floyd.
What? How so?
Tanya 93
Ragoo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

I guess I missed the death penalty as one of the appropriate punishments for trespassing at a government building in daylight while unarmed.

Cool
correct. Law enforcement should enforce the law. She may have been breaking the law but was not afforded Miranda or due process.

Don't crawl thru the windows or locked doors.

Kinda simple.

If she wasn't a white woman, this would be different

If this was libs storming the Capitol, I think the shot issue would be different.

Just don't climb thru windows of locked doors.
911sAg
BoydCrowder13 said:

Old Army Ghost said:

aggiehawg said:

Old Army Ghost said:

our maga martyr ashli

Quote:

Right wing George Floyd.
Complete BS from CM not even in the same ball park. smh
taxpreparer
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Right wing George Floyd.
What? How so?

Right, he can say it give or six more times and he will still be wrong.
2040huck
Ragoo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Cool
What? You think a bank robber or hijacker gets Miranda warnings? You think she should get special treatment because MAGA? Dude, learn a little about the law before posting
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

No it would not. The legal analysis of whether it was justifiable homicide would remain the same.
911sAg
Old Army Ghost said:

good shot
be honest you want all maga shot
2040huck
Tanya 93 said:

Ragoo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Cool

Kinda simple.

If this was libs storming the Capitol, I think the shot issue would be different.

Broken windows from people who had already assaulted officers.
BoydCrowder13
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Right wing George Floyd.
What? How so?

A police action and unfortunate death that would never get the media attention if it wasn't for the political implications. And the victim being a person with a history of violence.

No one on this forum would be discussing this case or supporting Babbitt if she wasn't a Trump supporter. Just like we accuse the left doing for Floyd. Circling the wagons around our worldview and defending lawbreakers.

If she was an Antifa rioter, most posters would say feral and win stupid prizes and we'd never hear another peep about it.
Ragoo
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Ragoo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Cool

Kinda simple.

when she makes it through the window of a locked door arrest her. It isn't hard to not be a coward.
911sAg
BoydCrowder13 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Right wing George Floyd.
What? How so?

A police action and unfortunate death that would never get the media attention if it wasn't for the political implications. And the victim being a person with a history of violence.

No one on this forum would be discussing this case or supporting Babbitt if she wasn't a Trump supporter. Just like we accuse the left doing for Floyd. Circling the wagons around our worldview and defending lawbreakers.
Ashli Babbit did not have the background that Floyld had again a dumb comparison.
2040huck
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

No it would not. The legal analysis of whether it was justifiable homicide would remain the same.
Close your eyes and imagine it was a few hundred black people chanting hang Ted Cruz And then one broke into the inter chamber
2040huck
Ragoo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ragoo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Cool

Kinda simple.

when she makes it through the window of a locked door arrest her. It isn't hard to not be a coward.
You are such a bad ass
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

No one on this forum would be discussing this case or supporting Babbitt if she wasn't a Trump supporter.
That's just false. It is not supporting Babbitt by pointing out all of the reckless mistakes Byrd made.

Fact: Babbitt's manner of death was ruled a homcide. She was shot and died.

Fact: Byrd shot her, deliberately, not by accident.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.