Ashli Babbit lawsuit

24,540 Views | 408 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by InfantryAg
rwtxag83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ags77 said:

I hate that this woman died that day, but if you break in my home you are very likely to get shot, armed or unarmed. I probably won't wait to ask or see if you are armed.
True, but she wasn't breaking into a home. Not a valid argument.

She was not armed, and had not used a weapon of any kind up until that point. Killing her was not justified. Period.
Greater love hath no man than this....
aggie93
AG
Tanya 93 said:

one safe place said:

911sAg said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around
Because you will find out

She was climbing thru the window of a barricaded door.
Maybe don't do that.
That deserves death? she was unarmed.
Liberals have a warped way of looking at things. Many liberals are fine with killing babies too.

I know.

It is warped to think you might get shot if you break into a locked place.

Do your neighbors know to tell people your house is an easy place?
There is video of what happened. She was literally in a prone position and the cop could see she was not armed. He did not warn her in any audible way. He just fired while she had her hands in front of her and she was in a position she could not threaten him.

Cops know if they shoot someone they have to do everything they can to avoid it and clearly that is not the case here. He simply calmly waited for her to go through the window and blew her away. The easiest thing for him to do would be to simply go over to her and restrain and arrest her the moment she went through the window but he chose just to shoot first without even a verbal warning. He was also at close enough range and in a position to choose where to shoot her and he went for the kill shot.

Now if we are going to change the standard for cops that they can just shoot anyone that trespasses even if they see they are unarmed and their life isn't endanger let's have that discussion. As it stands though you have criminals who are armed and attacking cops who get shot and their families get paid. I'm all for one standard of justice but it needs to be one standard.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
Pizza
Tanya 93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.
Or you will be shot??

You won't shoot someone breaking into your home?

If a woman is climbing through my window in broad daylight? No.

My wife might, but I'd simply throw the intruder out on the street where she belongs, snap a photo, and file a police report without calling 911.

The problem is that this whole thing on J6 stinks, to the point that conspiracy theorists have valid arguments. Of course those data points will get left out as you frame your belief, and exclude the bigger picture.

You're a self professed troll. Literally your statement.
Maybe threads involving life/death are not the place for that.

Your statements about Kyle Rittenhouse, and many other posts seem to contradict what you're saying as well.
No Spin Ag
Old Ag 74 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

I guess I missed the death penalty as one of the appropriate punishments for trespassing at a government building in daylight while unarmed.

So we should not shoot people breaking into locked areas?
Cool
So you would have been okay with the police shooting all the rioters that looted closed stores in Minneapolis after the George Floyd incident? Cool!

If law enforcement gives someone a direct order because they're breaking the law and they don't obey, they're fair game. It's that simple.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
PA24
AG
Cold blooded murder, no threat, coward shots veteran.
FJB
AG
Byrd not being tried is also unacceptable
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If law enforcement gives someone a direct order because they're breaking the law and they don't obey, they're fair game. It's that simple.
Which didn't happen here. The other cops present said Babbitt could not have seen Byrd, nor did Byrd say anything before shooting her.
No Spin Ag
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Which didn't happen here. The other cops present said Babbitt could not have seen Byrd, nor did Byrd say anything before shooting her.

And yet he was found to have been within his legal rights when he did shoot her.

Had she just been wondering around looking at tourist things, she's more than likely be alive today.

We've all seen the video of what she was doing when she got shot, and that's about as far from being an innocent tourist as can be.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

And yet he was found to have been within his legal rights when he did shoot her.
By whom?
Aggies2009
AG
THAT was moving the goalposts
Trajan88
AG
Was she warned that she was going to be shot? Did she see the gun?

I would think that unarmed people when confronted by someone with a weapon poited at them will retreat pretty quick, back down.

Maybe this case will address this.

When there was the Floyd protest that occurred in Dallas ... the police used less than leathal force and some got injured... those injured did not see the plastic bullets? bean bags? fired at them. City of Dallas was sued... not sure if there was a settlement, but would think there was.
No Spin Ag
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

By whom?

The USPC Office of Professional Responsibility.

ETS: Do you know if her family has sued the officer since her death?
aggiehawg
AG
Trajan88 said:

Was she warned that she was going to be shot? Did she see the gun?

I would think that unarmed people when confronted by someone with a weapon poited at them will retreat pretty quick, back down.

Maybe this case will address this.

When there was the Floyd protest that occurred in Dallas ... the police used less than leathal force and some got injured... those injured did not see the plastic bullets? bean bags? fired at them. City of Dallas was sued... not sure if there was a settlement, but would think there was.

No and no. One of the other cops present said she couldn't see Byrd from where she was positioned and Byrd never shouted any warning.
Texas Tea
AG
No Spin Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Had she just been wondering around looking at tourist things, she's more than likely be alive today.

We've all seen the video of what she was doing when she got shot, and that's about as far from being an innocent tourist as can be.

No spin, my ass.
AgNav93
AG
Highway6 said:

The lesson here is: Don't dare trespass or you will die or end up in prison for the rest of your life. That's how we do things here in communist America
No. The lesson is don't be a conservative and dare trespass or you will die or end up in prison for the rest of your life. If you're Antifa or BLM it's the summer of love! It's all cool and the gang.
2040huck
911sAg said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.
Who was supposed to know that a lawbreaker was unarmed? She has no chance of recovering anything.
Win At Life
AG
rwtxag83 said:

Ags77 said:

I hate that this woman died that day, but if you break in my home you are very likely to get shot, armed or unarmed. I probably won't wait to ask or see if you are armed.

She was not armed, and had not used a weapon of any kind up until that point. Killing her was not justified. Period.

Wrong. She had a weapon in her. It was taken away by a bystander after she got shot.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.

You'd never say that if it was white on black.
sharpdressedman
Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

I guess I missed the death penalty as one of the appropriate punishments for trespassing at a government building in daylight while unarmed.

Cool
I don't recall looters breaking into locked businesses being shot. Of course, that's a (D)ifferent standard of applying the law.
Lone Stranger
I guess you changed your tune since you were on here whining about Adam Sowders breaking into someones home several years ago. Typical......
Martin Cash
AG
torrid said:

911sAg said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.

So were Treyvon Martin, Michael Brown, Fentanyl Floyd….
Two of whom were not killed by cops.
aggiehawg
AG
Win At Life said:

rwtxag83 said:

Ags77 said:

Wrong. She had a weapon in her. It was taken away by a bystander after she got shot.
Where did you see that? There were many cops in the area, near area when she was shot. Not one of them said anyhing about a weapon.
2040huck
sharpdressedman said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Cool
I don't recall looters breaking into locked businesses being shot. Of course, that's a (D)ifferent standard of applying the law.
I do
No Spin Ag
I just watched the video and the guys breaking the door scream, "he's (Byrd) got a gun" seconds later, after then saying that a few more times, you see Ashley's body drop from what appears to be a few feet off the ground where she seems to have been in the window type space that she looked to be going through. After guys screaming the officer had a gun.

Not exactly acting like a tourist.
Ellis Wyatt
Tanya 93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.
Or you will be shot??

You won't shoot someone breaking into your home?

This was not someone's home. She was not shot by someone who had no idea what was going on and who was in fear for his life or property. And she had police standing on the same side of the door she was on.

I am certainly not defending that she was climbing through a window. There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to shoot her.
No Spin Ag
Funky Winkerbean said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.

If someone truly "Backs the Blue " it shouldn't matter so long as the officer is doing their job the way they're trained to do.
Ellis Wyatt
No Spin Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Nothing about J6 has been properly adjudicated. Fascists.
No Spin Ag
Ellis Wyatt said:

No Spin Ag said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Nothing about J6 has been properly adjudicated. Fascists.

And to those who see what the supposed tourists did that day as just, righteous, etc. whatever, nothing that doesn't come in their favor ever will be seen as properly adjudicated. That doesn't change reality though.
Tanya 93
Funky Winkerbean said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.

That is ****ing bull**** and you know.

I called out the BLM rioters constantly
carl spacklers hat
Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.
So that's reason enough to murder someone? Interesting take from a lefty
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Jeeper79
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

It wasn't punishment. It was defense.
Tanya 93
carl spacklers hat said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.
So that's reason enough to murder someone? Interesting take from a lefty

Not a leftist or a progressive

I do throw, bat, fence, and chop left handed though
aggiehawg
AG
The guy being pushed off of the ledge here is also filing suit.

rumble
carl spacklers hat
Tanya 93 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.
So that's reason enough to murder someone? Interesting Expected take from a lefty moron.

Not a leftist or a progressive

I do throw, bat, fence, and chop left handed though
Fixed it. And your equivocating this to the same thing as someone breaking into a private residence further reinforces it.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
Rockdoc
AG
If the colors were reversed, they would get a ton of money. Everybody knows it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.