Ashli Babbit lawsuit

24,526 Views | 408 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by InfantryAg
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2040huck said:

Ragoo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ragoo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

I guess I missed the death penalty as one of the appropriate punishments for trespassing at a government building in daylight while unarmed.

So we should not shoot people breaking into locked areas?
Cool
correct. Law enforcement should enforce the law. She may have been breaking the law but was not afforded Miranda or due process.

Don't crawl thru the windows or locked doors.

Kinda simple.

If she wasn't a white woman, this would be different

If this was libs storming the Capitol, I think the shot issue would be different.

Just don't climb thru windows of locked doors.
when she makes it through the window of a locked door arrest her. It isn't hard to not be a coward.
You are such a bad ass
you are right. Just shoot the first person. That is the appropriate action of a trained member of law enforcement.

Funny how only here in this case the left defends the police.
2040huck
Ragoo said:

2040huck said:

Ragoo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ragoo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

I guess I missed the death penalty as one of the appropriate punishments for trespassing at a government building in daylight while unarmed.

Cool
correct. Law enforcement should enforce the law. She may have been breaking the law but was not afforded Miranda or due process.

Kinda simple.

If this was libs storming the Capitol, I think the shot issue would be different.

when she makes it through the window of a locked door arrest her. It isn't hard to not be a coward.
You are such a bad ass
you are right. Just shoot the first person. That is the appropriate action of a trained member of law enforcement.

Seems you havent read, or comprehended my posts
911sAg
Unarmed blacks being shot causes riots and full on destruction in any American city happens to a white person all good
aggiehawg
AG
2040huck said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

No it would not. The legal analysis of whether it was justifiable homicide would remain the same.
Close your eyes and imagine it was a few hundred black people chanting hang Ted Cruz And then one broke into the inter chamber
Not analogous at all.
FCBlitz
….and you go with those three as a example……well bless your heart.
fasthorse05
All emotions aside and attempting to take into account the view from both sides, I don't understand why more questions haven't been asked or demands for proof of FBI contractors, FBI involvement, who opened the door and on who's order, and why?

Rep Clay Higgins said there were over 200 agents in the crowd. How does he know and where did he get the information?

I haven't seen a single poster here fully answer any of AggieHawg's questions or comment on the case she posted. Look, I have no problem with someone getting shot and killed by the Capitol Police for reason. She was unarmed and no other police officers even drew their weapon. Who did the investigation and I've never heard anyone comment on the investigation, out of all of the loudmouth conservative voices who tend to fill in the blanks the news and talking points conspicuously overlook.

All I'm saying is the questions that were asked, or rather not asked, during the riots in 2020, or Wisconsin riots, or Brian Sitnicks death, or even the staffers that had sex in the Senate room, haven't been asked here.

And Hawg, I'm pretty certain about 50% of discovery won't be allowed to be to be discussed. All of the information that the government has refused to reveal has obviously worked on the folks here who actively support an American citizen getting killed. So I don't understand why the government doesn't just classify all of the docs like they do all of their documents to keep Americans ignorant, as it's worked very well on most of the country.

A lot of posters here don't seem to care if Byrd was no-billed by Congress. Has anyone read the report or the investigation? There are staggering amounts of circumstantial evidence suggesting the actions of the rioters were preordained through the support and impetus of the federal government.
Hate is how progressives sustain themselves. Without hate, introspection begins to slip into the progressive's consciousness, threatening the progressive with the truth: that their ideas and opinions are illogical, hypocritical, dangerous, and asinine.
This is backed by data.
Finn
AG

Tucker Interview and they touch on this case at the end. Certainly, raises questions as to fault and procedure in this shooting.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
B-1 83 said:

Without combing through pages of replies, am I the only one who thinks her wearing a backpack may have set the cop off more than had she not had one? For how many years have we heard of backpacks with weapons or explosives. I'm not defending the cop, just throwing it out for discussion.
He was behind a door.
cevans_40
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Old Ag 74 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Cool
So you would have been okay with the police shooting all the rioters that looted closed stores in Minneapolis after the George Floyd incident? Cool!

Completely good with it.

**** them.

Now do Ahmaud Arbery
B-1 83
AG
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas said:

B-1 83 said:

Without combing through pages of replies, am I the only one who thinks her wearing a backpack may have set the cop off more than had she not had one? For how many years have we heard of backpacks with weapons or explosives. I'm not defending the cop, just throwing it out for discussion.
He was behind a door.

And she came through it via a window. That's not my point.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Tanya 93
cevans_40 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Old Ag 74 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Cool
So you would have been okay with the police shooting all the rioters that looted closed stores in Minneapolis after the George Floyd incident? Cool!

Completely good with it.

**** them.

Now do Ahmaud Arbery

And he was rioting?
rgvag11
Ragoo said:

2040huck said:

Ragoo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ragoo said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Cool

Kinda simple.

You are such a bad ass

The left attacks the police when they believe the police are persecuting the left. The same thing is happening here with the right. Tribalism makes people crazy.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
2040huck said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

No it would not. The legal analysis of whether it was justifiable homicide would remain the same.
Close your eyes and imagine it was a few hundred black people chanting hang Ted Cruz And then one broke into the inter chamber

This is absolute garbage.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
2040huck said:

Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

2040huck said:

Foreverconservative said:

B-1 83 said:

Problem with that, Byrd never saw the backpack, all she got through the window was her head and he shot her in the neck just below the jawline. She immediately fell backwards into the arms of the plain clothed CHPD officer that was right behind her. Byrd just panicked plain and simple. He didn't clearly identify his target, never checked his line of fire because there were CHPD officers behind her and a complete response team coming up the stairs directly behind her. both her hands were visible on the window frame because she was trying to pull herself through the window, so it was easy to tell she had nothing in her hands. Byrd panicked plain and simple.

Notice the back of the head of the clean cut guy, that's a CHPD in plain clothes.

She fell back into this CHPD officer's arms and he helped lay her down to render her aide

Here the plain clothed CHPD is rendering her aide and you see part of the response team to his left. They were all behind her and seven other members on the stairs.

That area is a landing on the stair well leading into the Speakers wing as the call it.

Lt. Michael Byrd, the officer who shot and killed Ashli Babbitt, was reprimanded in 2018 for leaving his loaded sidearm unattended in a public Capitol Visitor's Center bathroom.

Check out this photo from a few minutes earlier

Minutes after this photo, Lt. Byrd shot and killed Ashli Babbitt. This officer clearly has very poor muzzle discipline and in my personal opinion his use of lethal force against Ashli Babbitt was unjustified.

Maybe so, but how many other law breakers decided not to enter after it happened?

Wow…ghoulish.
I guess I am ghoulish I have no problem with this shooting and would have none if a police officer shot people breaking doors and looting where ever. Dumb games and dumb prizes

Point out one post…JUST ONE…of you on any riot thread of your choice, in the last 5 years, cheering on murder like it's a football game the same as you've done in this thread.

Just one single post from you. Should be easy.
BoerneGator
AG
Tanya 93 said:

usmcbrooks said:

Quote:

Tanya 93one safe place911sAgTanya 93Don't **** around
Because you will find out

She was climbing thru the window of a barricaded door.
Maybe don't do that.
That deserves death? she was unarmed.
Liberals have a warped way of looking at things. Many liberals are fine with killing babies too.

I know.

It is warped to think you might not get shot if you break into a locked place. pillage and burn cities, then attack someone while brandishing a firearm.

Of course, you will have your life ruined and be charged with 1st Degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon if you are the one who pulled the trigger.....

Do your neighbors know to tell people your house is an easy place?

FIFY

I think the rioters of BLM should have been shot.

Sorry to ruin your narrative

Except I think we've yet to see the first one even arrested, much less shot, after years of countless riots all across the country (in blue cities).

This woman posed NO threat that justified deadly force. Period. The coward who shot her isn't fit to wear a badge! Your defending his lack of judgment reflects upon your own.
DannyDuberstein
AG
If we're ok with her shooting, then every BLM rioter that broke a window should have been killed. I'll make that trade. Let's line em up
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
cevans_40 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Old Ag 74 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Cool

Completely good with it.

**** them.

Now do Ahmaud Arbery

What does his death have to do with this situation?

Secondly, I hate it when people try to use these situations to make them an apples to apples comparison. They're different people in different locations. Cops don't have a hive mind. Neither do those that are killed.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
BoerneGator
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

Hopefully they don't get a dime.

She was crawling through a broken window, of a barricaded door, deep in the capitol, in the middle of a riot, feet from members of congress. How anyone can defend her actions is amazing to me.

People aren't "defending her actions" by arguing they did not justify deadly force. It's really pretty simple. The two are not mutually exclusive.

How can you defend/justify the use of deadly force? THAT is the argument being adjudicated.
Tanya 93
DannyDuberstein said:

If we're ok with her shooting, then every BLM rioter that broke a window should have been killed. I'll make that trade. Let's line em up

Yep

The riots would have stopped early if these people had their asses handed to them in bullets and arrests.

No Spin Ag
Tanya 93 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Yep

The riots would have stopped early if these people had their asses handed to them in bullets and arrests.

All's fair in FAFO.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Old Army Ghost
BoerneGator said:

Tanya 93 said:

usmcbrooks said:

Quote:

Tanya 93one safe place911sAgTanya 93Don't **** around
Because you will find out

She was climbing thru the window of a barricaded door.
Maybe don't do that.
That deserves death? she was unarmed.
Liberals have a warped way of looking at things. Many liberals are fine with killing babies too.

I know.

It is warped to think you might not get shot if you break into a locked place. pillage and burn cities, then attack someone while brandishing a firearm.

Of course, you will have your life ruined and be charged with 1st Degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon if you are the one who pulled the trigger.....

Do your neighbors know to tell people your house is an easy place?

FIFY

I think the rioters of BLM should have been shot.

Sorry to ruin your narrative

Except I think we've yet to see the first one even arrested, much less shot, after years of countless riots all across the country (in blue cities).

This woman posed NO threat that justified deadly force. Period. The coward who shot her isn't fit to wear a badge! Your defending his lack of judgment reflects upon your own.
bruh you even news?

https://news.yahoo.com/blm-rioter-found-guilty-murdering-123728631.html

https://nypost.com/2023/09/28/philadelphia-influencer-meatball-livestreamed-lootings-charged-with-6-felonies/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/blm-rioter-who-set-minneapolis-store-on-fire-sentenced-to-almost-9-years-in-prison

https://news.yahoo.com/attorney-firebomb-nypd-car-george-floyd-protests-blm-sentenced-prison-142139479.html

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2022/02/22/fact-check-thousands-black-lives-matter-protesters-arrested-2020/6816074001/

cool you hyperbole i guess

Old Army has gone to hell.
Tanya 93
No Spin Ag said:

Tanya 93 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Yep

All's fair in FAFO.

I live in a liberal college town.
Very few on here had to deal with the protests about Michael Brown.

I did.
Yelling at my kid for being spoiled because we bought something at Slackers and didn't take a bag? Because people like Michael Brown never had that chance?

And then when George Floyd happened, it was even worse.

**** the protests and those involved.
Don't give a single damn care about anyone destroying property, attacking people, and screaming at kids

Screw them.
No Spin Ag
Tanya 93 said:

No Spin Ag said:

Tanya 93 said:

DannyDuberstein said:

Yep

All's fair in FAFO.

I live in a liberal college town.
Very few on here had to deal with the protests about Michael Brown.

I did.
Yelling at my kid for being spoiled because we bought something at Slackers and didn't take a bag? Because people like Michael Brown never had that chance?

And then when George Floyd happened, it was even worse.

**** the protests and those involved.
Don't give a single damn care about anyone destroying property, attacking people, and screaming at kids

Screw them.
Yep.

Protesting peacefully I fully support. I don't care what "side" or thing it is one is protesting because unless I'm making myself look at it, I'll never know it's even happening.

But if one becomes violent at any level, then the cops need to bring in the pepper spray, billy clubs, rubber bullets, and if need be regular bullets.
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Rockdoc
AG
The regular bullets and rough stuff is reserved for the conservatives and you know it.
mts6175
AG
As much BS as the Jan 6th stuff has been, it's pretty obvious that where she was breaking into was a hard point area for security. I.E. there were obviously some high profile people like Pence, Pelosi, etc there and that door was the last barricade for security. Meaning don't cross it or you're dead.

Yea, and I don't give a **** about those people either, but welcome to the USA. She was an idiot for jumping through that window.
No Spin Ag
Rockdoc said:

The regular bullets and rough stuff is reserved for the conservatives and you know it.
One conservative shot dead by a cop.

Now count how many minorities have been shot dead by cops in similar situations. Hint: It's way more than one.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
B-1 83 said:

B-1 83 said:

He was behind a door.

If he is behind a door, how can he see a backpack?
Old Army Ghost
Rockdoc said:

you almost said that with a strait face
Foreverconservative
mts6175 said:

As much BS as the Jan 6th stuff has been, it's pretty obvious that where she was breaking into was a hard point area for security. I.E. there were obviously some high profile people like Pence, Pelosi, etc there and that door was the last barricade for security. Meaning don't cross it or you're dead.

Yea, and I don't give a **** about those people either, but welcome to the USA. She was an idiot for jumping through that window.
Good lord, it's well documented that the Gang of Eight and Pence had already been evacuated via the tunnels. Most that were left were staffers in that wing, and she didn't jump through the window, she had onlt stuck her head through when she was shot. Now she was attempting to enter I get that but had she actually "jumped through" as you stated, she would have been laying in the floor on that side of the doorway.

Byrd panicked and shot her. He has a history of sloppiness with a firearm and I posted pictures myself of his poor muzzle discipline when he was still in the chambers walking around in a crowd with his finger on the trigger of his glock, and I'm guessing clocked and ready to fire. There was zero justification for that shoot according to the DOJ protocol 1-16.200 - Use of Deadly Force, that the CHPD adheres to.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
B-1 83
AG

B-1 83 said:

B-1 83 said:

He was behind a door.

Hard to climb through a window wearing a backpack without it being seen, or are you saying he couldn't see his target very well and shot anyway?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Foreverconservative
B-1 83 said:

B-1 83 said:

B-1 83 said:

He was behind a door.

Hard to climb through a window wearing a backpack without it being seen, or are you saying he couldn't see his target very well and shot anyway?
That's EXACTLY what I've been saying since day one. Watch the video, only her head ws sticking through the window and he shot her in the neck just below the jawline. AND there was an entire SWAT team on the stairwell behind her also in the line of fire. Byrd has a history of firearm sloppiness and notice this muzzle discipline a few minutes earlier

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Rockdoc
AG
Old Army Ghost said:

Rockdoc said:

Is it wrong?
Old Army Ghost
Rockdoc said:

Old Army Ghost said:

Rockdoc said:

Is it wrong?

https://www.npr.org/2023/03/11/1162843992/cop-city-atlanta-activist-autopsy
Rockdoc
AG
So no.
Tanya 93
No Spin Ag said:

Rockdoc said:

One conservative shot dead by a cop.

Now count how many minorities have been shot dead by cops in similar situations. Hint: It's way more than one.

Conservatives and Minorities are not the same.

Don't race bait.

If she was a pink haired, 100 pound woman with a nose ring protesting Trump won in 2020, the narrative for some would be different

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.