Ashli Babbit lawsuit

24,535 Views | 408 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by InfantryAg
Tanya 93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
carl spacklers hat said:

Tanya 93 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around
Because you will find out

She was climbing thru the window of a barricaded door.
Maybe don't do that.
So that's reason enough to murder someone? Interesting Expected take from a lefty moron.

Not a leftist or a progressive

I do throw, bat, fence, and chop left handed though
Fixed it. And your equivocating this to the same thing as someone breaking into a private residence further reinforces it.

I think BLM breaking into courthouses should have been shot in sight as well.

Keep trying sweetie

It's kinda cute.
Win At Life
AG
aggiehawg said:

Win At Life said:

rwtxag83 said:

Ags77 said:

I hate that this woman died that day, but if you break in my home you are very likely to get shot, armed or unarmed. I probably won't wait to ask or see if you are armed.
True, but she wasn't breaking into a home. Not a valid argument.

She was not armed, and had not used a weapon of any kind up until that point. Killing her was not justified. Period.

Wrong. She had a weapon in her. It was taken away by a bystander after she got shot.
Where did you see that? There were many cops in the area, near area when she was shot. Not one of them said anyhing about a weapon.

You don't know? Well, I don't know either. And the officer who shot didn't know either. That's how this works.
Tanya 93
Rockdoc said:

If the colors were reversed, they would get a ton of money. Everybody knows it.

Yep

And that would be wrong

Don't crawl through a broken window.

Kinda simple
Im Gipper
Rockdoc said:

Wrong!

They wouid have already gotten a ton of money!

I'm Gipper
MouthBQ98
AG
Several officers on babbit's side of the window were just watching her try to get through. One officer on the far side just decides to shoot despite nobody else having even attempted physical restraint.

Bad shoot.
He Who Shall Be Unnamed
Im Gipper said:

Quote:

They aren't going to get a dime

Why not?
It will go to a D.C. jury, will it not???
Additionally, the Capitol Police already did a cursory "investigation" of the shooting, if I recall.
"Did you feel you were in danger when you shot and killed the unarmed woman?"
"Yes, I did!"
"Very well, then. You get a paid leave of absence for your emotional distress and we will see you back whenever. Enjoy your media tours."
Rockdoc
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Rockdoc said:

Yep

And that would be wrong

Kinda simple

You're wrong. She didn't need to be shot.
carl spacklers hat
Keep digging that low-intellect hole
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
BluHorseShu
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

If law enforcement gives someone a direct order because they're breaking the law and they don't obey, they're fair game. It's that simple.
Which didn't happen here. The other cops present said Babbitt could not have seen Byrd, nor did Byrd say anything before shooting her.
Where did you see that she wasn't warned by both the police and SS ? The testimony by many stated she was. Even some Republicans.
Tanya 93
Rockdoc said:

Tanya 93 said:

Rockdoc said:

Yep

And that would be wrong

Kinda simple

Maybe.

But don't climb thru the window of a locked door.

Children should know this
Tanya 93
carl spacklers hat said:

Keep digging that low-intellect hole

Smooches
damiond
she was a true patriot

rip
BluHorseShu
AG
Tanya 93 said:

carl spacklers hat said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.
So that's reason enough to murder someone? Interesting take from a lefty

Not a leftist or a progressive

I do throw, bat, fence, and chop left handed though
That's the best they have when they don't have a good response. Had it been a democrat going through the window, very few here would give it a second thought. The outrage is partisan, not factual. It was a horrible tragedy all the way around. And could have been prevented in a myriad of ways, primarily by her not being where she was with a mob.
Rockdoc
AG
Tanya 93 said:

Rockdoc said:

Tanya 93 said:

Rockdoc said:

Yep

And that would be wrong

Kinda simple

Maybe.

But don't climb thru the window of a locked door.

Children should know this

Bad shoot. Sorry. Cops on duty that didn't even consider shooting know.
aggiehawg
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Several officers on babbit's side of the window were just watching her try to get through. One officer on the far side just decides to shoot despite nobody else having even attempted physical restraint.

Bad shoot.
She was flanked by armed cops. Byrd had no reason to be in fear for his life nor serious injury. Excessive use of force given the totality of the circumstances.

Quote:

A claim of excessive force by law enforcement during an arrest, stop, or other seizure of an individual is subject to the objective reasonableness standard of the Fourth Amendment, rather than a substantive due process standard under the Fourteenth Amendment. In other words, the facts and circumstances related to the use of force should drive the analysis, rather than any improper intent or motivation by the officer who used force.
Graham v. Connor
jjtrcka22
Tanya 93 said:

one safe place said:

911sAg said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.
That deserves death? she was unarmed.
Liberals have a warped way of looking at things. Many liberals are fine with killing babies too.

I know.

It is warped to think you might get shot if you break into a locked place.

Do your neighbors know to tell people your house is an easy place?

A private residence is alot different than a tax payer funded building.
Rockdoc
AG
If you shoot an unarmed intruder crawling thru your window in some large cities, you're gonna get charged.
Get Off My Lawn
1. Babbit wasn't in the right.
2. That doesn't automatically make it a "good shoot"
3. In a building where door openers look like fire alarms - what indicated to Babbit that she was crossing a lethal line? If nothing, then that's a failure.
4. Pelosi's intentionally weak security posture was designed to produce conflict
5. Why were the doors open/opened and by who's decision?
Ags77
AG
damiond said:

she was a true patriot

rip

Didn't want to see her die, but she was no patriot. She was a knucklehead like all the other knuckleheads that went inside the capital that day. Turned a peaceful day of protest and speeches into what it became.
The Kraken
AG
damiond said:

she was a true patriot

rip

No.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
Grapesoda2525
Don't get why conservatives are so obsessed with this woman. She shouldn't have been anywhere near the Capitol, and she had no business trying to climb thru a barricaded window.

She got what was coming to her. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

It's comparable to me trying to swim thru an alligator / snake infested swamp and expecting to not get bitten. Woman had no common sense at all.
BoydCrowder13
Grapesoda2525 said:

Don't get why conservatives are so obsessed with this woman. She shouldn't have been anywhere near the Capitol, and she had no business trying to climb thru a barricaded window.

She got what was coming to her. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

It's comparable to me trying to swim thru an alligator / snake infested swamp and expecting to not get bitten. Woman had no common sense at all.

Cuz she's on "their side". Any other situation you'd see her called "feral" or something similar.

Stupid behavior on her part and others resulted in a bad situation.
Antoninus
usmcbrooks said:

Quote:

Tanya 93one safe place911sAgTanya 93Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.
That deserves death? she was unarmed.
Liberals have a warped way of looking at things. Many liberals are fine with killing babies too.

I know.

It is warped to think you might not get shot if you break into a locked place. pillage and burn cities, then attack someone while brandishing a firearm.

Of course, you will have your life ruined and be charged with 1st Degree murder and assault with a deadly weapon if you are the one who pulled the trigger.....

Do your neighbors know to tell people your house is an easy place?
FIFY
Are you suggesting that the rioters who destroyed private property in the St. George riots should ALSO have been shot?

I agree with you.
Get Off My Lawn
Grapesoda2525 said:

Don't get why leftists are so obsessed with this man. He shouldn't have been anywhere near counterfeits , and he had no business taking lethal quantities of fentanyl.

He got what was coming to him. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

TA-OP
It's amazing how many times the average f16er spews out about people following cops orders if they don't want to get shot. The woman died after NOT FOLLOWING police orders. The double standard is mind numbing.
BoydCrowder13
Get Off My Lawn said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

Don't get why leftists are so obsessed with this man. He shouldn't have been anywhere near counterfeits , and he had no business taking lethal quantities of fentanyl.

So you are acknowledging that the Babbit stuff is the right wing version of George Floyd?
Get Off My Lawn
TA-OP said:

It's amazing how many times the average f16er spews out about people following cops orders if they don't want to get shot. The woman died after NOT FOLLOWING police orders. The double standard is mind numbing.
Ive already said Babbit wasn't in the right to climb through a door - that said - you assert that she was given orders by police. Care to share video / audio of those orders? I'm honestly foggy on which offers said what to her.
zoneag
TA-OP said:

What's really amazing is all you leftists here who shrieked endlessly about multiple time felons getting killed by police, yet become bloodthirsty law and order hardliners when it's a white, female, veteran Trump supporter with no criminal record getting smoked. It's not shocking at all that you're blind to that double standard.

As for me, I think while it's sad she was killed, she did indeed FAFO. Though she was a much better person than the scumbag criminals you all on the left lionize.
aggiehawg
AG
TA-OP said:

Where are you getting that? Did you even read the article quoting from the lawsuit? The main reason she ended up at the Speaker's Lobby was because she was directed there...by cops.

None of the cops that were standing in front of the doors when she first walked up, said anything. Instead, they moved away and abandoned the doors. They were still close enough to stop the guys hitting the windows. They were close enough to her to restrain her when she went to pull herself up. The officers standing nearby didn't say anything to her. And Byrd certainly didn't before he fired.

Byrd doesn't have the best employment history in handling firearms either with incidents both on and off of the job, either.
TA-OP
Straight from someone right next to her when she was shot…

Get Off My Lawn
BoydCrowder13 said:

Get Off My Lawn said:

Grapesoda2525 said:

So you are acknowledged that the Babbit stuff is the right wing version of George Floyd?
I'll choose my own words for myself, if you please.

I merely pointed out the leftist hypocrisy in the basic similarities. There are a ton of relevant differences, but the accusations that the right is playing Team Sports warrants a counter that the left is as well.
TA-OP
zoneag said:

TA-OP said:

What's really amazing is all you leftists here who shrieked endlessly about multiple time felons getting killed by police, yet become bloodthirsty law and order hardliners when it's a white, female, veteran Trump supporter with no criminal record getting smoked. It's not shocking at all that you're blind to that double standard.

As for me, I think while it's sad she was killed, she did indeed FAFO. Though she was a much better person than the scumbag criminals you all on the left lionize.

Misrepresenting my stance on things and name calling. Flagged for staff.
BG Knocc Out
Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.
You wacky libs are all over the place.
TA-OP
jjtrcka22 said:

A private residence is alot different than a tax payer funded building.
Sure. But trespassing and property destruction laws still apply. AND, let's not forget the first and second in line to the presidency were in the building.
Tanya 93
BG Knocc Out said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around

Maybe don't do that.
You wacky libs are all over the place.

I am consistent on these things.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.