Ashli Babbit lawsuit

24,552 Views | 408 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by InfantryAg
agz win
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The blood is on donald's hands. She was there with his enticement. A locked door where she saw security on the other side would have stopped non-extremists from still trying to break through. Cult 101. May she now rest in peace.
aggiehawg
AG
Anyplace other than DC, that would not be deemed a justified shooting. He's a cop. He cannot use lethal force unless he has a reasonable basis to believe his death or serious bodily injury is imminent.
zoneag
TA-OP said:

zoneag said:

TA-OP said:

It's amazing how many times the average f16er spews out about people following cops orders if they don't want to get shot. The woman died after NOT FOLLOWING police orders. The double standard is mind numbing.

What's really amazing is all you leftists here who shrieked endlessly about multiple time felons getting killed by police, yet become bloodthirsty law and order hardliners when it's a white, female, veteran Trump supporter with no criminal record getting smoked. It's not shocking at all that you're blind to that double standard.

As for me, I think while it's sad she was killed, she did indeed FAFO. Though she was a much better person than the scumbag criminals you all on the left lionize.

Misrepresenting my stance on things and name calling. Flagged for staff.

Posts about what "the average f16er" says. Cries when he gets lumped in with the average f16 leftist. What was your previous username?
one safe place
Rockdoc said:

If the colors were reversed, they would get a ton of money. Everybody knows it.
Black cop executed a white woman and, as expected, was held to a very much lower standard. Wonder what it was about her that caused him to pick her out for execution?
BluHorseShu
AG
zoneag said:

TA-OP said:

It's amazing how many times the average f16er spews out about people following cops orders if they don't want to get shot. The woman died after NOT FOLLOWING police orders. The double standard is mind numbing.

What's really amazing is all you leftists here who shrieked endlessly about multiple time felons getting killed by police, yet become bloodthirsty law and order hardliners when it's a white, female, veteran Trump supporter with no criminal record getting smoked. It's not shocking at all that you're blind to that double standard.

As for me, I think while it's sad she was killed, she did indeed FAFO. Though she was a much better person than the scumbag criminals you all on the left lionize.
Anyone who doesn't listen to the orders of a policeman with a gun drawn shouldn't have an expectation that things are going to go well. I don't care what their politics are.

In those situations, the police don't ask for a character biography before acting. Whether its Ashlii or George Floyd...following the orders of the police. Then you can live to fight another day.
Get Off My Lawn
agz win said:

The blood is on donald's hands. She was there with his enticement. A locked door where she saw security on the other side would have stopped non-extremists from still trying to break through. Cult 101. May she now rest in peace.
Quite the simpleton take, this.
jt2hunt
AG
Wow,
jt2hunt
AG
agz win said:

bull****
TA-OP
agz win said:

The blood is on donald's hands.
Disagree. The only person to blame here is Babbitt.
oldcrow91
AG
TRADUCTOR said:

Unarmed, door was not barricaded and the assessment a 110lb lady was a threat that warranted being shot to death is criminal negligence. Certainly was not fentanyl that killed her.

You will need to post video, once I have seen show locked doors and stuff in front of them and her being the first one through the window.

If they had shot the first trespasser, none of that happens.
Get Off My Lawn
one safe place said:

Rockdoc said:

If the colors were reversed, they would get a ton of money. Everybody knows it.
Black cop executed a white woman and, as expected, was held to a very much lower standard. Wonder what it was about her that caused him to pick her out for execution?
…she was the first through. Was lethal force the correct option in the moment? Probably not. But let's not give the res libs these kind of layups.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

According to the allegations in the lawsuit, he has a propensity for blindly firing his gun into a car and hitting houses in the process.

The negligence hire theory is in play in the wrongful death case for that reason. As the timeline documentary I posted several days ago shows, Capitol Hill Police were not well-trained and their chain of command sucked.
Keller6Ag91
AG
While I agree she shouldn't have been shot, she was absolutely in the wrong for where she was.

https://www.nbcnews.com/video/capitol-shooting-that-led-to-ashli-babbitt-s-death-captured-on-video-99180613572

The video.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
YellowPot_97
AG
Hopefully they don't get a dime.

She was crawling through a broken window, of a barricaded door, deep in the capitol, in the middle of a riot, feet from members of congress. How anyone can defend her actions is amazing to me.
Get Off My Lawn
TA-OP said:

agz win said:

The blood is on donald's hands.
Disagree. The only person to blame here is Babbitt.
Well, also the cop. She breached, he chose to pull the trigger. This the blood was literal spilled by his hands, based on his decision to shoot, which he made in response to her action.
MaroonStain
AG
Thread got T93'ed real quick.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

feet from members of congress.
How far and which ones?
Tanya 93
jt2hunt said:

Wow,

Thanks!
Rockdoc
AG
Grapesoda2525 said:

Don't get why conservatives are so obsessed with this woman. She shouldn't have been anywhere near the Capitol, and she had no business trying to climb thru a barricaded window.

She got what was coming to her. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

It's comparable to me trying to swim thru an alligator / snake infested swamp and expecting to not get bitten. Woman had no common sense at all.

This is a very stupid post. Should she have been charged? You bet. Did she deserve to get murdered? Hell no.
TexasAggie81
Tanya 93 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

I guess I missed the death penalty as one of the appropriate punishments for trespassing at a government building in daylight while unarmed.

So we should not shoot people breaking into locked areas?
Cool

There's no "castle doctrine" in DC. That was NOT … in any way … a use of "reasonable" force.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

There's no "castle doctrine" in DC. That was NOT … in any way … a use of "reasonable" force.
No, it was not reasonable. The analysis here is one of an officer using lethal force under a self defense theory. For Byrd, any attempt to assert self defense is missing most, if not all of the elements of such a claim.
YellowPot_97
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

No, it was not reasonable. The analysis here is one of an officer using lethal force under a self defense theory. For Byrd, any attempt to assert self defense is missing most, if not all of the elements of such a claim.

Who's claiming self defense? She was breaking into a secure area. Good shoot. End of story.
torrid
AG
I always assumed the barricade was a "red line" of sorts past which they decided they would use lethal force. Was it ever confirmed WHO was behind the barricade? I'm assuming it was the senior Congressional leadership.
aggiehawg
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Who's claiming self defense? She was breaking into a secure area. Good shoot. End of story.
Was not a good shoot. He had no reasonable basis to believe he was in danger of death of serious bodily injury and that such threat was imminent. Under Graham v. Connor he was not justified in the use of lethal force.

Babbitt was much closer to other armed officers who did not perceive her to be such a threat to them and have said so.
YellowPot_97
AG
Who's claiming he fired in self defense?? Has he or anyone else? Why do you keep bringing up self defense? In my eyes he was defending congress and the capitol. His personal self defense had nothing to do with it.

She was a rioter and breaking into the capitol. Good shoot.
Philip J Fry
AG
Tanya 93 said:

TexAgs91 said:

Tanya 93 said:

Don't **** around
Because you will find out

She was climbing thru the window of a barricaded door.
Maybe don't do that.
Or you will be shot??

You won't shoot someone breaking into your home?

My home isn't a public government building.
aggiehawg
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

Who's claiming he fired in self defense?? Has he or anyone else? Why do you keep bringing up self defense? In my eyes he was defending congress and the capitol. His personal self defense had nothing to do with it.

She was a rioter and breaking into the capitol. Good shoot.
What you don't know about critical incident reviews the police do when an officer kills someone, is a lot.

Her manner of death was declared a homicide by the ME. She was murdered.

Then the question becomes whether her being shot and killed was a justified homicide a/k/a self defense.
Old Army Ghost
f16 only feels the way we do because she was a trumper

Old Army has gone to hell.
torrid
AG
Old Army Ghost said:

I think everyone else does too, myself included. Not that I feel she deserved it, but she brought it on herself with her own actions.
Antoninus
aggiehawg said:

Her manner of death was declared a homicide by the ME
Of course it was. Homicide is the killing of one person by another person. She was shot. No one is claiming that the shooter was a space alien or a chipmunk.
Quote:

... homicide. She was murdered.

One does not necessarily follow the other.
aggiehawg
AG
Antoninus said:

aggiehawg said:

Her manner of death was declared a homicide by the ME
Of course it was. Homicide is the killing of one person by another person. She was shot. No one is claiming that the shooter was a space alien or a chipmunk.
Quote:

... homicide. She was murdered.

One does not necessarily follow the other.
Hence my discussion of a justifiable homicide. Which this one was not under the Graham v. Connor SCOTUS decision.

Sheesh!
aggiehawg
AG
Complaint is HERE
Yellerjacket
torrid said:

Old Army Ghost said:

I think everyone else does too, myself included. Not that I feel she deserved it, but she brought it on herself with her own actions.

Yep. There are certain things you just can't do without getting shot. She did one of them. If it was an Antifa idiot climbing through that window, every single conservative poster on here would have said it was justified.
aggiehawg
AG
Yellerjacket said:

torrid said:

Old Army Ghost said:

Yep. There are certain things you just can't do without getting shot. She did one of them. If it was an Antifa idiot climbing through that window, every single conservative poster on here would have said it was justified.
So not true. A bad shoot is a bad shoot irrespective of the victim. This was a bad shoot.
BoydCrowder13
aggiehawg said:

Yellerjacket said:

torrid said:

Old Army Ghost said:

So not true. A bad shoot is a bad shoot irrespective of the victim. This was a bad shoot.

There would be mostly "feral" comments and good shoot comments.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.