F-35 missing

41,960 Views | 454 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Pilot put it in autopilot and ejected himself. No indication that it has crashed. WTF
Dan Scott
AG
Anyone with information about the jet's whereabouts is urged to contact JB Charleston Base Defense Operations Center at 843-963-3600.

LOL
Ghost of Andrew Eaton
Let's let the story develop.
If you say you hate the state of politics in this nation and you don't get involved in it, you obviously don't hate the state of politics in this nation.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Well, it's stealth.

Makes sense that nobody can find it.
bmks270
AG
How does all modern US military equipment, including what is sold to other nations, not have a remote location and kill switch?
The Fife
It's definitely not in my garage. For real, no need to search in there or anything.
Artimus Gordon
That doesn't sound like a "mishap"? Any idea where the plane is headed and where it might come down?
aggiejayrod
AG
On another note, I lost my stealth jet in a boating accident
CanyonAg77
AG
CanyonAg77
AG
bmks270 said:

How does all modern US military equipment, including what is sold to other nations, not have a remote location and kill switch?
Because anything like that can be hacked
GAC06
AG
Quote:

Pilot put it in autopilot and ejected himself. No indication that it has crashed. WTF

You have a source for that? That's not what your link said. Good Lord.

But this thread is off and running based on that nonsense.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Pilot put it in autopilot and ejected himself.
Where did you see that? I've only seen "mishap".
Esteban du Plantier
AG
I guess I'm confused.

Can you eject while in autopilot? Like eject and the plane just keeps trucking on that heading until it runs out of fuel?

Certainly some frustrated controllers watched this thing through their whole airspace.
ABATTBQ11
AG
bmks270 said:

Obviously you've never seen Battlestar Galactica.
CanyonAg77
AG
Esteban du Plantier said:

I guess I'm confused.

Can you eject while in autopilot? Like eject and the plane just keeps trucking on that heading until it runs out of fuel?

Certainly some frustrated controllers watched this thing through their whole airspace.

The report of being put on autopilot is nonsense. No way that would be public knowledge this soon after the incident.

And if you put the plane in autopilot, and it was flying and stable, there is no reason to eject.

I suspect you can eject while in autopilot, but I can't come up with a reason why you would.
The Fife
CanyonAg77 said:

I suspect you can eject while in autopilot, but I can't come up with a reason why you would.

The pilot dropped a chicken nuggie and accidentally grabbed the election handle while looking for it down there.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

I guess I'm confused.

The report of being put on autopilot is nonsense. No way that would be public knowledge this soon after the incident.

And if you put the plane in autopilot, and it was flying and stable, there is no reason to eject.

Crazy people do unpredictable crazy stuff.

Some depressed or disillusioned pilot pulling a handle isn't out of the realm of possibility.
samurai_science

CanyonAg77 said:

I guess I'm confused.

Some depressed or disillusioned pilot pulling a handle isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Exactly. Its happened before, with pilots and passengers, even on accident.
GAC06
AG
Do you know the pilot?
ShaggySLC

The guy that has it. Well, he thinks it sounds like aliens Clark.
Esteban du Plantier
AG
Breaking headline: Stealth jet crashes, can't find wreckage...task failed successfully.
CanyonAg77
AG

Dan Scott
AG
https://www.wltx.com/amp/article/news/regional/authorities-searching-f35-mishap-north-charleston/101-07075941-f641-4fde-a4fc-b1ca1f0f234d

According to officials pilot enabled unspecified automated flight system and then ejected.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

1) Bullcrap

2) "On accident" is the most grating piece of bad grammar out, barely beating out "tow the line"
CanyonAg77
AG
Dan Scott said:

https://www.wltx.com/amp/article/news/regional/authorities-searching-f35-mishap-north-charleston/101-07075941-f641-4fde-a4fc-b1ca1f0f234d

According to officials pilot enabled unspecified automated flight system and then ejected.
Doesn't mean autopilot.

For example

https://www.flightglobal.com/fixed-wing/raytheon-pitches-usaf-on-f-35a-auto-landing-system/129585.article

Quote:

After successfully integrating its Joint Precision Approach and Landing System (JPALS) on F-35B fighters and a growing number of US Navy aircraft carriers and amphibious assault ships, Raytheon is pitching a modified version of the system to the US Air Force for auto-landing F-35A aircraft at expeditionary airfields.

Initially designed to help a pilot land on an aircraft carrier in poor visibility or after long, tiring flights, the auto-landing system can put down an aircraft in a 20cm by 20cm box, says Raytheon.

I'm hoping that's a typo or bad writing, Twenty centimeters?
bmks270
AG

I guess I'm confused.

Isn't it a stealth aircraft, can they see it on civilian radar? Is it transponding?
Dan Scott
AG
What does that mean?
GAC06
AG
Quote:

That pilot has since been found and taken to an area hospital for treatment and is said to be stable. However, the search continues for the pilot's aircraft, which authorities say doesn't appear to have crashed.

This just in: journalists are idiots
Esteban du Plantier
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

I'm talking about possibilities.

What's your theory? Aliens, Russians, Klaus Schwab? A plane the price of a football stadium just genuinely disappears?

What happened?
Ol_Ag_02
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Quote:

1) Bullcrap

2) "On accident" is the most grating piece of bad grammar out, barely beating out "tow the line"

Well for all intensive purposes he still got his point across.
GAC06
AG

CanyonAg77 said:

I'm talking about possibilities.

What's your theory? Aliens, Russians, Klaus Schwab? A plane the price of a football stadium just genuinely disappears?

What happened?

It crashed. It's like the seventh or eighth.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

A plane the price of a football stadium just genuinely disappears?

I'm trying to discern what price has to do with disappearing.

Planes are relatively small. Swamps, pine forests, and lakes are very big. Remember the Swamp Fox, Francis Marion? Got his name because his entire army would disappear into the swamps around Charleston, and the Brits couldn't find them.
Ag with kids
AG
Dan Scott said:

Why would the pilot eject if it was on "autopilot"?
techno-ag
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

Dan Scott said:

Doesn't mean autopilot.

For example

https://www.flightglobal.com/fixed-wing/raytheon-pitches-usaf-on-f-35a-auto-landing-system/129585.article

Quote:

After successfully integrating its Joint Precision Approach and Landing System (JPALS) on F-35B fighters and a growing number of US Navy aircraft carriers and amphibious assault ships, Raytheon is pitching a modified version of the system to the US Air Force for auto-landing F-35A aircraft at expeditionary airfields.

Initially designed to help a pilot land on an aircraft carrier in poor visibility or after long, tiring flights, the auto-landing system can put down an aircraft in a 20cm by 20cm box, says Raytheon.

I'm hoping that's a typo or bad writing, Twenty centimeters?
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
Dan Scott
AG
That's funny.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.