Portland Protests

53,981 Views | 586 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasAg 94
That_Guy_Moose
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prognightmare said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

C@LAg said:

Rockdoc said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

Rockdoc said:

The guy standing in front of that tank was truly a protestor, not a rioter. There is a big difference.

So, just to be clear, you think the PRC government acted correctly at Tiananmen Square?

Just to be clear, I'm not the one to say mow them down. Clear?
Just to be clear. I DO say mow them all down once they resort to physical violence and property destruction.

So the PRC was justified at Tiananmen Square?
You're being obtuse to the point of trying get a response that will incur a ban. Let me simplify it for you sparky.

1) Was Tiananmen dude trying to burn down a building with officers inside? Was Tianamen dude threatening citizens homes if they looked out there windows. The answer is no.

2) Antifa pukes have done both and that is direct threat and violent insurrection and they should be mowed down and their rotting corpses dragged home by their failed parents.

We clear?

I'm really not trying to get an incensed response (and I promise I'm not trying to single you out, my issue is with all calls for violent response to these). I'm just using a parallel example from world history for the sake of argument against violent repression of protests and riots.

I cannot post other pictures of Tiananmen Square because they're too horrible to display. My point is the event is an example of a government using live rounds on its own citizens. The events surrounding Tiananmen Square DID include conflicts with police. I vehemently oppose the use of violent force by our government on its own citizens in any form. I think it is shameful to even suggest that the US government should do so. That is an execution without due process of law and would almost certainly include the needless deaths of peaceful protestors and possibly police. There are non-violent ways to address these issues.

My Tiananmen Square is just an allegory for the use of violent force would look like on an international stage. Another example would be the Kent State shooting which led to a visceral national and international reaction against the US government.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Another example would be the Kent State shooting which led to a visceral national and international reaction against the US government.
Yeah but with Kent State, the rioting crap stopped.
That_Guy_Moose
AG
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Another example would be the Kent State shooting which led to a visceral national and international reaction against the US government.
Yeah but with Kent State, the rioting crap stopped.

At the expense of the murder of 4 young Americans.

Also this isn't wholly true. They stopped at Kent State but exploded across the nation, including a march a hundred thousand strong in DC. In many ways the rioting became national.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

Nixon won in 1968 by a good margin.

Kent State was 1970, and was preceded by three nights of riots and looting in the nearby town.

Nixon won on 1972 by an even larger margin

The Silent Majority spoke.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

At the expense of the murder of 4 young Americans.
Don't start no s***, won't be no s***. What happened at Kent State was preceded by days of rioting and destruction. And actually a few years of the same all across the country. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

Not saying I am happy they died just saying actions have consequences. When confronted by a line of armed National Guardsmen, I'm getting the hell out of there, not throwing things at them.
aggiehawg
AG
A moment of levity.

ProgN
That_Guy_Moose said:

Prognightmare said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

C@LAg said:

Rockdoc said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

Rockdoc said:

The guy standing in front of that tank was truly a protestor, not a rioter. There is a big difference.

So, just to be clear, you think the PRC government acted correctly at Tiananmen Square?

Just to be clear, I'm not the one to say mow them down. Clear?
Just to be clear. I DO say mow them all down once they resort to physical violence and property destruction.

So the PRC was justified at Tiananmen Square?
You're being obtuse to the point of trying get a response that will incur a ban. Let me simplify it for you sparky.

1) Was Tiananmen dude trying to burn down a building with officers inside? Was Tianamen dude threatening citizens homes if they looked out there windows. The answer is no.

2) Antifa pukes have done both and that is direct threat and violent insurrection and they should be mowed down and their rotting corpses dragged home by their failed parents.

We clear?

I'm really not trying to get an incensed response (and I promise I'm not trying to single you out, my issue is with all calls for violent response to these). I'm just using a parallel example from world history for the sake of argument against violent repression of protests and riots.

I cannot post other pictures of Tiananmen Square because they're too horrible to display. My point is the event is an example of a government using live rounds on its own citizens. The events surrounding Tiananmen Square DID include conflicts with police. I vehemently oppose the use of violent force by our government on its own citizens in any form. I think it is shameful to even suggest that the US government should do so. That is an execution without due process of law and would almost certainly include the needless deaths of peaceful protestors and possibly police. There are non-violent ways to address these issues.

My Tiananmen Square is just an allegory for the use of violent force would look like on an international stage. Another example would be the Kent State shooting which led to a visceral national and international reaction against the US government.
Antifa has fastened nails to firework mortars and lobbed them at federal agents. They've created spike strips with nails in pool noodles. The sticks they carry have nails or sharp edges at the tips to cause stab wounds, They've blinded federal agents with lasers. They attempted to trap them inside and set the building on fire.

NOW WHERE IN THE **** IS THAT PEACEFUL???

France, Venezuela, Germany, Russia, China, Cuba, South Africa doesn't give a damn what the international community think nor should we. Only progressive pansies hide behind that false sense of security.

Their lawless ways end faster with the death of each "comrade".
FrioAg 00
AG
I'd propose a trade right now - China can have the entire West Coast, and we take Hong Kong.

Perhaps throw out a one time offer of citizenship and immigration to any South African farmer who can show proof of 3 generations of citizenship there.

Trade Pearto Rico and some cash for Greenland.

It's time to rethink who the FK we're yoked with.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

A "disgusted" PPA President Daryl Turner excoriated the mayor and newly installed District Attorney Mike Schmidt, demanding rioters be prosecuted and police be allowed to protect the rest of the citizenry saying, "Portland has had enough."
He accused the two "failing" elected leaders of backing "insane" policies of letting rioters destroy, burn, hurt, and vandalize "almost to the point of no return."
Quote:

Twice in the last two days, these rioters have accomplished their mission: chaos and destruction. That is because the Police Bureau's operational direction from the Police Commissioner and City Council is to let the violence escalate almost to the point of no return, and only then can the Police Bureau intervene. That is insane. Police should have the latitude to prevent crime, not watch it happen and only intervene after the fact.
It does not stop there. Although the Police Bureau has made 21 arrests in those two days, I have no doubt that those arrested will get away with their crimes without any consequence or accountability from the District Attorney's Office.
As Police Commissioner and District Attorney, your primary jobs are public safety, not politics. You are failing.
For more than 70 nights, the city has been under a siege by antifa and Black Lives Matter anarchists and communists attempting to burn buildings, vandalize private and public property, and threaten the lives of Portlanders. See video below of rioters threatening to burn down an occupied apartment building and jumping a police officer.
Quote:

What Turner asks isn't hard. He asks Wheeler and Schmidt to do the jobs they swore an oath to do.
Quote:

I am disgusted that our City has come to this. If it is acceptable for rioters to commit acts of violence against community members and to try and burn down occupied buildings, and if this conduct is allowed to continue, then Portland is lost.
Our communities demand accountability. That includes you two being accountable to the public. Allow our Police Officers to do the job they swore an oath to do, to stop crime and the fear of crime. Use the criminal justice system to hold criminals accountable for their crimes with actual consequences.
Let the Police Chief, his command staff, and the rank-and-file officers do their jobs in protecting the City from the rioters who are bent on destroying our City, burning our police precincts, and assaulting officers or anyone else who gets in their way.
LINK
UTExan
FrioAg 00 said:

I'd propose a trade right now - China can have the entire West Coast, and we take Hong Kong.

Perhaps throw out a one time offer of citizenship and immigration to any South African farmer who can show proof of 3 generations of citizenship there.

Trade Pearto Rico and some cash for Greenland.

It's time to rethink who the FK we're yoked with.

This.

Almost every former Spanish colonial possession in the New World is a mess.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
will25u

tysker
AG
Eggs? I guess protestors have such an abundance of food they can use the extra as projectiles. As their cup overflows, they chose to toss away the excess in anger instead of providing for those in need.
will25u
AgBQ-00
AG
will25u said:

When the officials are endorsing the violence like this the citizens need to stand up and take out the trash. The officials and their thugs
Artorias
AG
will25u said:

All the police should pack up and tell the city "**** off. Good luck with this on your own."

Let the rioters burn the city down.
aggiez03
AG
Hope Portland PD gets the Blue Flue for a few weeks and let the rioters have a go at the whole city. Let vigilante justice take over.
aggiehawg
AG
Jeebus! So guess Portland is choosing the nuke it from orbit, only way to be sure route.
will25u
aggiehawg
AG
will25u said:

Extortion and a protection racket. So clear, so obvious. Vote for Dems, you get a more malign version of thirties-eighties era Mafia.

But that is what they want, obviously.
Cassius
aggiehawg said:

will25u said:

Extortion and a protection racket. So clear, so obvious. Vote for Dems, you get a more malign version of thirties-eighties era Mafia.

I suspect the insurance companies might disagree. I would not insure any of these morons.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

I suspect the insurance companies might disagree. I would not insure any of these morons.
Nor should they. Cancel their policies. Cheaper in the long run for the insurance company. Just like when a car driver has multiple accidents over a short period of time? Cancelled.

These business owners are too high a risk. Statements like that are not reassuring to an insurer.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Artorias said:

will25u said:

All the police should pack up and tell the city "**** off. Good luck with this on your own."

Let the rioters burn the city down.

Cops should be like, oh that's funny because we just were drafting a statement saying how we're not going to arrest people who commit felonies against city council members of the DAs office. Here's where they live.
CanyonAg77
AG
A year from now, expect the sob story articles about "food deserts" and other stores refusing to open in Portland, and no one can understand why.
aggiehawg
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

A year from now, expect the sob story articles about "food deserts" and other stores refusing to open in Portland, and no one can understand why.
Yeah. But if Trump is reelected, why give them any federal money?
will25u
The Fall Guy
AG
Hell yea!!
will25u
will25u

will25u
Chicago, but this needs to happen a lot more often to the rioters.

AgBQ-00
AG
That's better than video of running of the bulls
PA24
AG
...the day Trump is declared the election winner, the riots across the nation will stop.

Think RR and the Iran hostage in 1980. They waited or course until RR was sworn in.
CanyonAg77
AG
Ubitag said:

...the day Trump is declared the election winner, the riots across the nation will stop.

Think RR and the Iran hostage in 1980. They waited or course until RR was sworn in.

The difference is that Mullahs are logical
PneumAg
Cassius said:

aggiehawg said:

will25u said:

Yes, when all of those policies come up for renewal, the businesses are going to begin to understand that you can't support riots and then just "call the insurance company" to pay for all the consequences.

If any of the insurance companies had rioting/looting covered in their base policies, it's going to be cut out and put on a rider that you can purchase separately for a massive premium. Or they'll just exclude it altogether.
Artorias
AG
will25u said:

titan
S

What made Tiananmen Square so bad was that they were not doing wanton destruction and threatening ordinary citizens and talking about burning homes. If they were, it would have been more --- oh well, kind of reaction and seemed less out of line.

FrioAg 00:
Leftist Democrats "have completely overplayed the Racism accusation. Honestly my first reaction when I hear it today is to assume bad intentions by the accuser, not the accused."

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.