Portland Protests

54,006 Views | 586 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasAg 94
BQ78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Feds aren't abandoning it, they are sending some of the reinforcements home. If the state doesn't live up to their bargain, the Feds will come back with a can of whoop ass.
aggiehawg
AG
BQ78 said:

Feds aren't abandoning it, they are sending some of the reinforcements home. If the state doesn't live up to their bargain, the Feds will come back with a can of whoop ass.
That's not what the governor is saying.

End Of Message
AG
Gearing up for a conflict between state and federal authorities.
BQ78
AG
They aren't completely leaving no matter what governor flake says. USMS is staying for sure.
MostlyHarmless
AG
deddog said:

zephyr88 said:

if Portland won't take care of Portland, why should the United States government.

Portland is a cesspool of liberalism.

I'm sorry for the decent people who are collaterally affected, but they chose to live/work in this sh^thole.

The police should move out and give away the keys of the city to the Mayor.

Let it burn.
This.

Let Portland BURN. It's what those jackholes deserve
As long as they reimburse the federal government for the federal property they destroy I'm okay with it. Our taxes went into creating those structures.
aggiehawg
AG
BQ78 said:

They aren't completely leaving no matter what governor flake says. USMS is staying for sure.
And that's my concern. Governor is telling them one thing, granted she didn't say specifically that the federal marshals are leaving but the rioters are not going to understand the nuance.

That puts those who remain behind at even greater risk in my estimation.
BQ78
AG
It's not just the property, there are key legal documents still stored in the building that the Feds will not trust anyone but themselves to defend.
BQ78
AG
I hear you but they are big boys and girls and can take care of themselves.

Heck they've been under siege longer than Vicksburg in 1863.

If the governor was right this would be the equivalent of the Twiggs surrender in Texas in 1861. Trump isn't going to wear that badge like Buchanan does.
MostlyHarmless
AG
aggiehawg said:

BQ78 said:

But there is also this:
Quote:

Quote:

The conflicting statements makes me think that maybe the governor didn't understand what she was told. That or she purposefully left out the part that the state would need to step up it's game.
aggiehawg
AG
Pinche Abogado said:

Sure looks that way to me. There are different triggering events for the invocation of the Insurrection Act. One of them is when the state and local authorities are unable to restore law and order, not refuse (although that also can trigger it) but simply overwhelmed.

Barr was listing the number and manner of injuries to federal LEOs yesterday. What happens when city PD, sheriff's department and state police ranks are thinned by such injuries? Maybe a Blue Flu as they refuse to put themselves in dangerous situations?

How many other nearby law enforcement departments will send their people in to help?

That's the risk.
aggiehawg
AG
MostlyHarmless said:

aggiehawg said:

BQ78 said:

But there is also this:
Quote:

Quote:

The conflicting statements makes me think that maybe the governor didn't understand what she was told. That or she purposefully left out the part that the state would need to step up it's game.
Jeebus! That governor is deliberately creating more problems, in my view.
MostlyHarmless
AG
aggiehawg said:

MostlyHarmless said:

aggiehawg said:

BQ78 said:

But there is also this:
Quote:

Quote:

Jeebus! That governor is deliberately creating more problems, in my view.
Same. Unfortunately I'm not surprised.
MostlyHarmless
AG
aggiehawg said:

Pinche Abogado said:

Sure looks that way to me. There are different triggering events for the invocation of the Insurrection Act. One of them is when the state and local authorities are unable to restore law and order, not refuse (although that also can trigger it) but simply overwhelmed.

Barr was listing the number and manner of injuries to federal LEOs yesterday. What happens when city PD, sheriff's department and state police ranks are thinned by such injuries? Maybe a Blue Flu as they refuse to put themselves in dangerous situations?

How many other nearby law enforcement departments will send their people in to help?

That's the risk.
So true. Unfortunately the way these governors and mayors are acting this might very well be the best case scenario.
pdc093
She's 'feeding' her base.
Oh, and she's a liar.
MaxPower
Good move by Trump. After the local PD fails to enforce the law and the federal courthouse burns down he can point to that as when he tried to work with a Dem and they failed miserably at maintaining law and order. His law and order campaign will have entered the checkmate phase.
BQ78
AG
Think of this as the Alamo (except this time the Texans win). The Feds will pull back to the chapel and the Long Barracks. The State will be manning the walls.
chimpanzee
It's time to leave them to their fantasy world. If they elect people that can not deal with truth and facts, the rest of the country shouldn't have to pay to discipline them back into order.

Anyone that needs a social security check or USPS delivery should get in line at the Idaho or Nevada border.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
So, according to the mob, rioters, and mayor the violence should technically stop. Right? The feds caused the riots and violence, so when they leave it's over...hippieland is back.

Now, Thursday when they are still rioting, who gets the blame? Bold move mayor cotton, bold move.
deddog
AG
aggiebman said:

So, according to the mob, rioters, and mayor the violence should technically stop. Right? The feds caused the riots and violence, so when they leave it's over...hippieland is back.

Now, Thursday when they are still rioting, who gets the blame? Bold move mayor cotton, bold move.
White supremacists.

Calling it!
UTExan
Quote:

That's the risk.
Exactly. If the lynch mobs decide to try and burn the federal courthouse (which I suspect will happen in some measure) then the locals will accede to lynch mob demands. If I am a suburban or rural agency, why would I send officers or deputies into such a no-win situation?
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
aggiehawg
AG
I just wonder what the ROE will be for the state and local LEOs? Pepper spray? Rubber bullets? Tear gas?
will25u

aggiehawg
AG
Is the dips*** Portland Mayor going to allow the Portland Police to work alongside federal officers now? That would be a flip-flop. For the city council as well.
MostlyHarmless
AG
aggiehawg said:

Is the dips*** Portland Mayor going to allow the Portland Police to work alongside federal officers now? That would be a flip-flop. For the city council as well.
I get the feeling each side is expecting something different from the other side than what is planned. This not likely to work out, IMO.
End Of Message
AG
I have nothing to verify this other than observation of the parties past behavior. I think it is likely that the state is purposefully creating confusion to incite additional unrest between both citizens/federal agents and state and city police/federal agents.
aggiehawg
AG
MostlyHarmless said:

aggiehawg said:

I get the feeling each side is expecting something different from the other side than what is planned. This not likely to work out, IMO.
Agree. No one appears to be on the same page at all. But because of the stupid governor's tweet, the rioters think the feds have gone and they can take the courthouse tonight.

Tonight could be nasty.
EKUAg
AG
aggiehawg
AG
EKUAg said:

Yeah, about that. How about you stick it where the sun don't shine.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
This is fun. It's like having two separate Defensive Coordinators. Can't wait for the kickoff and see who is responsible for what.
aggiehawg
AG

So the State Police and not the Portland PD??
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Got the popcorn ready, need some good old fashioned beat downs ........don't talk about it..... do it.
Little Rock Ag
AG
Instead of federal agents, let's send in undercover film crews to record the orgies of destruction and chaos. Then, create a professionally produced documentary to show the American people exactly what is happening in the Democrat-controlled cities of America. Personally, I could care less if Seattle and Portland burn down and become a charred wasteland, but let's be sure we utilize the footage to demonstrate to Americans what will happen in THEIR towns and cities if they vote Democratic.
Squadron7
AG
EKUAg said:

Probably cheaper than having to build a new federal courthouse. Even if the Feds pay up....which they won't.
78_Pacecar
AG
Little Rock Ag said:

Instead of federal agents, let's send in undercover film crews to record the orgies of destruction and chaos. Then, create a professionally produced documentary to show the American people exactly what is happening in the Democrat-controlled cities of America. Personally, I could care less if Seattle and Portland burn down and become a charred wasteland, but let's be sure we utilize the footage to demonstrate to Americans what will happen in THEIR towns and cities if they vote Democratic.
Where do you think these oxygen thieves are going after Seattle and Portland burn down?
AgBQ-00
AG
Those leftist a holes are freaking insane. There needs to be a reckoning. The aurvivors need to be left with the scars of their actions

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.