Portland Protests

53,979 Views | 586 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by DallasAg 94
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh good grief!

Quote:

Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler Thursday evening condemned the actions of rioters who attempted to set fire to a police precinct and blocked the exits while officers were inside.
Well duh, Mr Mayor. But then he goes there.

Quote:

"When you commit arson with an accelerant in an attempt to burn down a building that is occupied by people who you have intentionally trapped inside, you are not demonstrating, you are attempting to commit murder," Wheeler said in a news conference with Portland Police Chief Chuck Lovell.

"Don't think for a moment that you are if you are participating in this activity, you are not being a prop for the reelection campaign of Donald Trump because you absolutely are," he said. "You are creating the B-roll film that will be used in ads nationally to help Donald Trump during this campaign. If you don't want to be part of that, then don't show up."
Quote:

"I believe that city staff could have died last night," Wheeler said. "I cannot and I will not tolerate that. This is not peaceful protests. This is not advocacy to advance reforms."

Rioters also vandalized and broke into Portland's Police Association Tuesday night.

Wheeler also urged peaceful protesters to avoid gatherings that could turn destructive or violent, according to Oregon Live.

"If you are a nonviolent demonstrator and you don't want to be part of intentional violence, please stay away from these areas," Wheeler said. "Our community must say that this violence is not Portland, that these actions do not reflect our values and these crimes are distracting from reform, not advancing."
He's just now figuring that out?

LINK
will25u
Right? Only took what? 60 days?
aggiehawg
AG
will25u said:

Right? Only took what? 60 days?
71 days to be precise.
MostlyHarmless
AG
Well what do you know, Rip Van Winkle is no longer asleep. Gives new meaning to the term "woke".
aggiehawg
AG
And still this asshat Mayor is attempting to fine the federal government for protecting the federal building.

Quote:

In an escalation of its war on Washington, officials in Portland, Oregon, have slapped a huge fine on the federal government for erecting a fence around the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse that helped protect federal officers from Molotov cocktail throwing protesters.

The complaint: The fence, seen in videos being rocked nightly by violent Black Lives Matter protesters, blocks bike lanes.

In a three-page bill to the General Services Administration, which oversees the building, Chris Warner, the director of the Portland Bureau of Transportation, said the Department of Homeland Security built the fence on city property without first getting permits.

As a result, it is fining Washington $48,000 a day ($500 for every 15 minutes), bringing the total so far to about $672,000.

In the letter, he wrote, "Despite instructions on July 23rd to immediately cease and desist obstruction of the Right of Way, unpermitted fencing and barriers remain. Permits have not been issued or applied for. On SW Main St, fencing and barriers fully obstruct the bike lane, creating a hazard to the public. SW Main is a major bicycle corridor into the central business district. Further, the fencing and barriers installed around the Federal Courthouse do not provide for an accessible path from streets, sidewalks and public transportation stops to the buildings, nor do they provide an alternate path of travel, specifically for people with disabilities."

The GSA had no immediate comment.
Does shove it up your ass, count as a comment?

LINK
CanyonAg77
AG
Did he not care for the Feds?
MostlyHarmless
AG
aggiehawg said:

And still this asshat Mayor is attempting to fine the federal government for protecting the federal building.

Quote:

In an escalation of its war on Washington, officials in Portland, Oregon, have slapped a huge fine on the federal government for erecting a fence around the Mark O. Hatfield U.S. Courthouse that helped protect federal officers from Molotov cocktail throwing protesters.

The complaint: The fence, seen in videos being rocked nightly by violent Black Lives Matter protesters, blocks bike lanes.

In a three-page bill to the General Services Administration, which oversees the building, Chris Warner, the director of the Portland Bureau of Transportation, said the Department of Homeland Security built the fence on city property without first getting permits.

As a result, it is fining Washington $48,000 a day ($500 for every 15 minutes), bringing the total so far to about $672,000.

In the letter, he wrote, "Despite instructions on July 23rd to immediately cease and desist obstruction of the Right of Way, unpermitted fencing and barriers remain. Permits have not been issued or applied for. On SW Main St, fencing and barriers fully obstruct the bike lane, creating a hazard to the public. SW Main is a major bicycle corridor into the central business district. Further, the fencing and barriers installed around the Federal Courthouse do not provide for an accessible path from streets, sidewalks and public transportation stops to the buildings, nor do they provide an alternate path of travel, specifically for people with disabilities."

The GSA had no immediate comment.
Does shove it up your ass, count as a comment?

LINK
First off, guffaw at the "creating a hazard to the public". And secondly, they should be careful about playing that game. The feds could back charge them a lot more than that, IMO.
will25u

Don't know if this is Portland.

45-70Ag
AG
Violence ends violence.
Until these idiots meet a violent end, this **** will
Continue.
lknapp
If Antifa has been deemed a Terrorist Organization, why aren't we just shooting these people? Real bullets matter.
aggiehawg
AG

Now that is very interesting. CAIR funding Antifa jihadis?
ProgN
I've said before that snipers should take out the leaders, I was wrong, they should just mow them all down.
That_Guy_Moose
AG
Just mow em down guys.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
ProgN
That_Guy_Moose said:

Just mow em down guys.

That guy was peaceful, antifa, not so much. Your inability to see the difference indicates the level of your intelligence. Yes, mow the all down and let their kin drag their rotting corpses home.
That_Guy_Moose
AG
That wasn't the parallel I was making...
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
FrioAg 00
AG
Don't need to mow them down, and don't need to target leaders.

If the Law or concerned citizens puts a rifle round through any 3-4 rioters, and that crowd will immediately disperse.

If they do it to 3-4 riots within a few days, then poof: no more riots
That_Guy_Moose
AG
C@LAg said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

That wasn't the parallel I was making...
sorry. we do not think in lib.

but you know what would be in parallel? if that tank ran over him and kept driving.

What does that picture and a government using live rounds against rioting citizens have in common?
Rockdoc
AG
The guy standing in front of that tank was truly a protestor, not a rioter. There is a big difference.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
That_Guy_Moose
AG
Rockdoc said:

The guy standing in front of that tank was truly a protestor, not a rioter. There is a big difference.

So, just to be clear, you think the PRC government acted correctly at Tiananmen Square?
Rockdoc
AG
That_Guy_Moose said:

Rockdoc said:

So, just to be clear, you think the PRC government acted correctly at Tiananmen Square?

Just to be clear, I'm not the one to say mow them down. Clear?
Post removed:
by user
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
That_Guy_Moose
AG
C@LAg said:

Rockdoc said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

Rockdoc said:

Just to be clear. I DO say mow them all down once they resort to physical violence and property destruction.

So the PRC was justified at Tiananmen Square?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Post removed:
by user
That_Guy_Moose
AG
Rockdoc said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

Rockdoc said:

Fair enough, apologies. You never said that.

But do you understand the argument I'm trying to make? There are other methods than violence. The US government mowing its citizens down would be an international black stain, and it's ridiculous how often I see that sentiment on this board.

Not to mention the visceral reaction that would receive from the people of this country. That's akin to police delivering death sentences without due process.
That_Guy_Moose
AG
Cool. So Communist Authoritarians should write the textbook on how to approach handling these situations, got it.
Rockdoc
AG
I understand your argument. So far alternatives haven't worked. I'm tired of seeing our country destroyed by liberals.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
UTExan
Vader Was Framed said:

Guys no tanks needed.

Caesar the No Drama Llama has it under control.

Antifa should be charged with animal cruelty. That llama should not have to smell the rioters.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
ProgN
That_Guy_Moose said:

C@LAg said:

Rockdoc said:

That_Guy_Moose said:

Rockdoc said:

Just to be clear. I DO say mow them all down once they resort to physical violence and property destruction.

So the PRC was justified at Tiananmen Square?
You're being obtuse to the point of trying get a response that will incur a ban. Let me simplify it for you sparky.

1) Was Tiananmen dude trying to burn down a building with officers inside? Was Tianamen dude threatening citizens homes if they looked out there windows. The answer is no.

2) Antifa pukes have done both and that is direct threat and violent insurrection and they should be mowed down and their rotting corpses dragged home by their failed parents.

We clear?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.