BREAKING: Several Houston police officers shot

77,717 Views | 524 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Righteousgemstone
BigBrother
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I hope crooked cops go to jail.
IDAGG
AG
Yeah I was wrong about this. Looks like the HPD f'ed up big time. The question is: Why in hell did this cop falsify a warrant with a fake buy that never happened? Personal grudge against one of the homeowners? What was to be gained? They need to keep digging. Something is rotten at HPD.
dBoy99
AG
bobbranco said:

I hope the family can collect millions.

Well the City of Houston "Drainage Fees" account is overflowing with cash and used for all sorts of non-drainage related payments...

I am part of the problem and you're the victim...
dBoy99
AG
Deats said:

I hope Art gets fired for this.

It was all very curious when Art fumbled thru the presser and said "Hardy" several times. It even took another curious turn when the uber liberal police union president went off guns blazing at the mic.

I am part of the problem and you're the victim...
ABATTBQ11
AG
This is a huge charlie foxtrot, and heads need to roll. They may have gotten the right house, but the process to get there seems reprehensible and an outright fraud.

ETA After finishing the chronicle article, one more thing makes no sense: the cops who allegedly visited the house the first time asked a random person walking down the street if they'd called 911, they replied no, and then supposedly said, "The cops are at the dope house," to the person on the other end of their phone call. All of the neighbors quoted in the chronicle article had completely different opinions on the house and had no reason to believe it was a, "dope house."

Someone is lying.
FriscoKid
AG
Remember how they described the "drug house" in detail in the warrant?

Want to bet they used google view as the source?
IDAGG
AG
This may have already been mentioned in this thread but also...The list of guns they found are all rifles and shotguns. Yet the warrant mentioned a 9mm semi pistol, and the first accounts of the gunfight said the homeowner was shooting a 357 revolver.

Quote:

The weapons included a Beretta shotgun, a Winchester rifle and a Remington shotgun and rifle, according to the report.

So both the warrant was wrong (no semi pistol) and..
The account of the gunfight was wrong (no .357 pistol)

WTF? This is an enigma, wrapped in a riddle, smothered in a bunch of lies.
Nosh
Cops were within their right! They were thugs! They handled it best they could! According to policy!!! / bootlickers from the wannabe rapper thread.
AgBQ-00
AG
I saw the same thing...Looks like it was just thrown in there as more "evidence" for the raid...
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Kenneth_2003
AG
dBoy99 said:

Deats said:

I hope Art gets fired for this.

It was all very curious when Art fumbled thru the presser and said "Hardy" several times. It even took another curious turn when the uber liberal police union president went off guns blazing at the mic.
I still don't buy the "He said Hardy" argument. Chief doesn't speak with an accent, but he does have a, I don't know... call it a drawl. I think its just the way he pronounced Harding on live TV. I've listened to that PC multiple times. I've watched his mouth, and I've shut my eyes and just listened to him speak. I just don't think there's anything there.
ABATTBQ11
AG
The warrant seems like a total farce at this point. No 9mm. No heroin. No evidence of a dealing operation. No way to corroborate the, "dope house," statement, and contradictory statements from neighbors to boot.

Kind of makes me wonder if the anonymous phone call was a fake and if the drugs were planted. Falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Any cops rhat knew any of rhe info was bogus need to be charged with murder, and while they won't have the stones to do this, I'd be fine with pursuing death penalty too. gestapo level abuse of power.
Nosh
Fruit of the poisonous tree? Its cool...just murder them.
DannyDuberstein
AG
This is no different than robbing a liquor store and shooting the cashier that happened to be armed. In fact, it's worse because these murderers swore an oath and were givem a great deal of power in return.
FriscoKid
AG
Quote:

After the shooting, police went to Goines to get the informant's name. The informant told investigators he or she did not recognize the Harding Street home or Tuttle.
aggieforester05
AG
The Heroin might have been some drop bags the narcs kept as insurance.
rcb
AG
Can you imagine the outrage on this story if the husband and wife were not white?
cbr
AG
Almost impossible to recover a lawsuit thanks to sovereign and official immunity, which should be abolished.

But this one looks bad enough that politically they'll volunteer to pay to quiet it down.
8T2
rcb said:

Can you imagine the outrage on this story if the husband and wife were not white?
Seriously? I AM outraged. I called this BS the day it happened. It is even worse than I called it, since I suggested that the CI did not buy any heroin and misled the narc, who did not do his due diligence. Instead, the narc made the entire warrant up.
Post removed:
by user
JJxvi
AG
Dont worry though, Im sure this one time where everything blew up in their face, is the first time they ever made **** up to go in and arrest someone based on hearsay and nobody is currently in jail because of it or anything like that.
8T2
https://abc13.com/warrant-informant-didnt-buy-drugs-from-couple-killed-in-raid/5140341/?fbclid=IwAR3l8R6zRDfC6pF3RT6yuLzTxMrD8iUIFLVn-HfAw01iXRZHHcFDrrCobI4

Take a look at the note at the end of the story. Big mouthed Joe Gamaldi, who didn't have a problem sputing his mouth after the shooting, now says he will wait for the investigation to finish before issuing a statement. In other words, "I don't know how to blame this on our critics yet."
AgBQ-00
AG
That may be. When I listened to it I hear Hardy. Even in the Spanish section he says Hardy. Who knows though.
You do not have a soul. You are a soul that has a body.

We sing Hallelujah! The Lamb has overcome!
Kenneth_2003
AG
Anybody else recall the hpd crime lab fiasco years ago? Im driving, can't Google it. It was a mess as i recall. Ultra shoddy to the extreme.
End Of Message
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Anybody else recall the hpd crime lab fiasco years ago? Im driving, can't Google it. It was a mess as i recall. Ultra shoddy to the extreme.

I was in law school at the time. Worked with the attorneys to bring a lot of it to light.
End Of Message
AG
Bob is a good guy.

http://harriscountypublicdefender.org/about/staff/bob-wicoff/
FrontPorchAg
The cops murdered two people in the process of commiting a felony. They should get capital punishment.

Art needs to be fired immediately.
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others
ABATTBQ11
AG
cbr said:

Almost impossible to recover a lawsuit thanks to sovereign and official immunity, which should be abolished.

But this one looks bad enough that politically they'll volunteer to pay to quiet it down.

I wouldn't say it should be abolished entirely, but I do believe it should not be applicable in the event of malfeasance, dereliction of duty, or gross negligence. I don't want people suing government for everything under the sun for an easy payoff, but I also want a measure of accountability and required professionalism.

ETA At the end of the day, we as taxpayers would be paying to fight or payoff lawsuits against government entities. I would rather them have a barrier to frivolous lawsuits, but also one that is scalable when it can be justified.
JJxvi
AG
Basically the impression I get with this thing is that narcotics likely tries to raid every dealing operation they get any kind of whiff of so that they can get the cash and assets through forfeiture. In a case where they have a 911 call, and overhearing someone at the scene when they do the check call it "the drug house" well, they are gonna raid the place whether they have the evidence or not.

Worst case, public sees some druggies off the street and you make some arrests for possession regardless even if there is no dealer. Did I say worst case? Whoops.
Madman
AG
https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Houston-police-shooting-affidavit-confidential-13620120.php

Quote:

Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said an undercover narcotics officer involved in a deadly botched drug raid will likely face criminal charges as questions about the case continue to emerge.

"There's a high probability there will be a criminal charge," Acevedo said Friday after a police affidavit into an ongoing investigation was filed raising questions about the integrity of the Jan. 28 drug bust.
aggieforester05
AG
8T2 said:

rcb said:

Seriously? I AM outraged. I called this BS the day it happened. It is even worse than I called it, since I suggested that the CI did not buy any heroin and misled the narc, who did not do his due diligence. Instead, the narc made the entire warrant up.
Yes people are outraged, but do you really think the media response would be the same if the victims were black. There would be BLM protests in the street, Democrats acting an ass in unrelated congressional hearings, and this would be getting 24 hour headline coverage.
rcb
AG
aggieforester05 said:

8T2 said:

rcb said:

Yes people are outraged, but do you really think the media response would be the same if the victims were black. There would be BLM protests in the street, Democrats acting an ass in unrelated congressional hearings, and this would be getting 24 hour headline coverage.

Exactly, that's all I was saying. **** would have hit the fan much sooner. I have been outraged from the start as well. Only positive hope now is Art gets his ass run out of here on a rail.
BCG Disciple
AG
IDAGG said:

Yeah I was wrong about this. Looks like the HPD f'ed up big time. The question is: Why in hell did this cop falsify a warrant with a fake buy that never happened? Personal grudge against one of the homeowners? What was to be gained? They need to keep digging. Something is rotten at HPD.

So the lead case agent Goines made up the informant AND they found heroin in his car? Is the implication that he was a user that likely had a deal go bad with the lively couple in the house? Or is the implication that he manipulates the law (falsify reports and plant evidence) to wield his own style of justice when the constitution and law doesn't cooperate with him?
Nosh
ABATTBQ11 said:

cbr said:

I wouldn't say it should be abolished entirely, but I do believe it should not be applicable in the event of malfeasance, dereliction of duty, or gross negligence. I don't want people suing government for everything under the sun for an easy payoff, but I also want a measure of accountability and required professionalism.

ETA At the end of the day, we as taxpayers would be paying to fight or payoff lawsuits against government entities. I would rather them have a barrier to frivolous lawsuits, but also one that is scalable when it can be justified.

Abolish it and and make them personally liable. Watch them cross their t's and do some good old fashioned police work for a change.
FrontPorchAg
This and I'm supposed to give up my guns to the benevolent state?

****! THAT! NOISE!
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.