BREAKING: Several Houston police officers shot

75,543 Views | 524 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Righteousgemstone
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Per KTRK reading from a police report, 3 officers in stable condition, 2 in critical condition.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
End Of Message
rugger74
AG
Houston board posting updates.
jabberwalkie09
AG
rugger74 said:

Houston board posting updates.

Not a whole lot to say that hasn't already been said so far. The police chief press con is at 1930.
Rapier108
3 officers stable (2 shot, 1 non-gunshot injury)
2 officers in critical but stable condition, currently in surgery

Press conference is live.

Suspect(s) opened fire as soon as they breached the door.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
SMM48
AG
Damn
jabberwalkie09
AG
From the press con:

Officers in critical condition, both shot in neck area.

Initial report that led to the narcotic investigation and subsequent warrant for today was from a neighbor's complaint/tip.
Kenneth_2003
AG
50 yr old sgt
50 yr old sgt flown
54 yr old sr case agent, shot before
54 yr old, flown
33 yr old.

Sorry, chief was hard to follow there
Love Gun
Kenneth_2003 said:

50 yr old sgt
50 yr old sgt flown
54 yr old, flown
33 yr old.

That is some old officers they've got kicking doors.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
T&P for officers.

No knock warrants are a bad idea.
cevans_40
AG
Our-turn-to-rule said:

T&P for officers.

Where was it reported as a no-knock?
justcallmeharry
S
"In a press briefing Monday night, officials said a warrant was being served "for alleged sale of black tar heroin" at a house.

He clarifies that 2 Houston Police officers in critical condition were shot in the neck, two others wounded by gunfire, another officer injured and not shot."

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/houston-shooting-today-5-police-officers-shot-in-southeast-houston-suspect-dead-2019-01-28-live/
Anti-taxxer
AG
No officers deceased.

One has already been discharged.
titan
S

So it was kind of like trying to bust a meth lab in a home. Sounded that way.
jabberwalkie09
AG
titan said:

I would be interested in the explanation for why it was narcotics officers and not a SWAT raid.
aggiehawg
AG
Love Gun said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

50 yr old sgt
50 yr old sgt flown
54 yr old, flown
33 yr old.

That is some old officers they've got kicking doors.
You really think those guys haven't worked out? They aren't exactly desk sergeants.
cbr
AG
1 i am friends with lots of leo's
2 i am all for good law enforcement
3 i am extremely harsh on real criminals

However,
4 not saying it is, or even is likely, but i am just going to point out that people might should reserve judgment;

It has certainly happened that a bunch of hpd barged in on totally innocent people and filled them full of lead in their sleep in their own houses. That was largely covered up for a long time. Many people keep weapons ready against home invasions. It is entirely possible, though unlikely, that the suspects had done absolutely nothing wrong except shoot back against a home invasion.

John Francis Donaghy
Quote:

CBS affiliate KHOU-TV said the suspects had been barricaded inside a house and police had used a robot to secure the scene.

Anti-taxxer
AG
Joe Gamaldi (union pres) just dropped the mic at the presser. Damn. I thought he was going to start crying.
jabberwalkie09
AG
John Francis Donaghy said:

Quote:

CBS affiliate KHOU-TV said the suspects had been barricaded inside a house and police had used a robot to secure the scene.

FU-D2's Houstonian cousin?!
titan
S
jabberwalkie09 said:

titan said:

I would be interested in the explanation for why it was narcotics officers and not a SWAT raid.
TV keeps mentioning something about undercover, but that may be wrong. Maybe they were detected. Have no idea.
Rapier108
Our-turn-to-rule said:

T&P for officers.

No-knock raids should only be executed by SWAT, and only for the most extreme cases. For those rare circumstances, just breach the every door at the same time so the suspects won't know where the police are entering.
agdoc2001
AG
cbr said:

1 i am friends with lots of leo's
2 i am all for good law enforcement
3 i am extremely harsh on real criminals

However,
4 not saying it is, or even is likely, but i am just going to point out that people might should reserve judgment;

It has certainly happened that a bunch of hpd barged in on totally innocent people and filled them full of lead in their sleep in their own houses. That was largely covered up for a long time. Many people keep weapons ready against home invasions. It is entirely possible, though unlikely, that the suspects had done absolutely nothing wrong except shoot back against a home invasion.

Link?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jabberwalkie09
AG
titan said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

titan said:

TV keeps mentioning something about undercover, but that may be wrong. Maybe they were detected. Have no idea.

Acevedo stumbled throughout the press con, but said that the narcotics officers work undercover. But serving a warrant in the manner he described doesn't really lend itself to necessarily being an undercover operation.

So I'd imagine that the information/intel gathering, buys, and evidence for the warrant was done by undercover officers. But he made it sound like the warrant was being served in a manner where they were known/gave notice before entry. But iirc, when I lived in Dallas/North Dallas area that SWAT handled the majority narcotics warrant stuff, though that was admittedly ~10 years ago.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Chief said they announced as HPD as they breached the door and units outside hit sirens as they entered. He went on to say this warrant was the result of work done by the narcotics task force and originally based off of an anonymous tip from a neighbor.

Sounds to me like jumpy heroine dealers keep their guns at the ready. Or they had at least a few seconds warning that something was about to go down.
Marlin39m
Rapier108 said:

Our-turn-to-rule said:

T&P for officers.

No-knock raids should only be executed by SWAT, and only for the most extreme cases. For those rare circumstances, just breach the every door at the same time so the suspects won't know where the police are entering.

Because who doesn't love a good crossfire?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

Chief said they announced as HPD as they breached the door and units outside hit sirens as they entered.

Guess I took it as they hit and lights and sirens before, not simultaneously.
Kenneth_2003
AG
I was actually wondering if it was just a bit after. Channel 2 (NBC) showed some cellphone video that was sent to them. The woman filming (vertically... I know... I know...) made a comment about they're shooting, omg there's an officer hit, etc, then you hear the sirens crank up.
Rapier108
Marlin39m said:

Rapier108 said:

Our-turn-to-rule said:

T&P for officers.

Because who doesn't love a good crossfire?
I said breach both doors, not enter both.
Marlin39m
HPD probably knows that walls don't stop bullets.
b_rad
AG
Wonder why acevedo didn't describe the suspect/dealers that were killed? Hhmmmmmmm.....
William K. Klingaman
And here's a solution on how to respond to those celebrating the shooting of police online...

Mark them down in the system, so when that person ever needs help, they may get help later due to them being a lower priority citizen.
cbr
AG
I am totally against this antifa/blm/anti cop stuff but this union guys' statement is off base as well.

Officers are not being 'targeted' in this case. When cops bust in a door, they know they are going to be shot at. They are instigating violence.

If they are correct, and the people inside are extremely bad actors that are a danger to society, then doing that work is a heroes' job, but they know the bad guys are sure to shoot back.

If they are incorrect, well, many or most people are going to react to their door being kicked in with gunfire. And that is a tragedy no matter how it goes down.

You shouldnt bust in doors unless there is an extremely high level of confidence in what you are doing, for instance that

1 everyone inside is either an extremely dangerous criminal or is a victim in immediate danger
2 they have the element of surprise
3 the suspected crimes and the evidence expected to be recovered is worth the high risk to everyone involved

Honestly i cant comprehend the stupidity of it all. We have **** all over pre-conviction freedom and due process, but also **** all over everyone by failing to punish convicted criminals. If these suspects were serious criminals, what are the odds they have a prior record? High. Very high. If we would just execute serious criminals officers wouldnt have to risk themselves over and over again like this.

Rapier108
b_rad said:

Wonder why acevedo didn't describe the suspect/dealers that were killed? Hhmmmmmmm.....
Given the neighborhood's demographics, at least based on everyone interviewed on TV, it is mostly Hispanic.

The only question that anyone cares about at this point is whether or not they are illegal aliens.
Ag for Life
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.