BREAKING: Several Houston police officers shot

74,801 Views | 524 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Righteousgemstone
Boo Weekley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jabberwalkie09 said:

Boo Weekley said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

Dude has some stones to walk up to that second house.
No kidding. Not sure if I'd be more scared of residents of that home (prob fled city or hiding somewhere else by now) or HPD and their "affiliates" though. Although the latter is bordering into Hollywood movie territory.

IMHO, that Hardy Street area is a significantly worse area than the Harding Street one. In that part of Houston, you stay on the toll road, don't get off, and just observe what a f'd up third world looking place it is for about 5 miles or so. Prob a lot of bodies offed/dumped in that general area.

I've been to some really ****ty parts of Houston, anywhere off the Hardy toll road I'd try to go as early as possible in the day. And I definitely would not get out and film alone.
Yep...South of BW8, the bulk of the area along Hardy looks like a cross between Juarez and Mogadishu. There are several areas where you see multiple neighboring single family homes that have been connected and converted into larger homes and you see 5-7 cars outside (prob illegals) and you find yourself wondering if they got the proper permitting to just adjoin several houses on diff lots like that...then you laugh to yourself at how ridiculous that question is, given the area.
FriscoKid
AG
Deats said:

Belton Ag said:

If the officers were acting on a tip and were given the address verbally and misheard the street name as Harding instead of Hardy, maybe that could explain some things. Still, I would be amazed if that were the case. Don't these guys do a lot of research before they raid houses?

It was a phoned in tip

They did all this on a phone tip???
bobbranco
AG
Read the affidavit in the reporters tweet. Not phoned in according to the document.
aggielostinETX
AG
I coulda sworn original news say neighbors called in suspicious activity
aggiehawg
AG
Belton Ag said:

If the officers were acting on a tip and were given the address verbally and misheard the street name as Harding instead of Hardy, maybe that could explain some things. Still, I would be amazed if that were the case. Don't these guys do a lot of research before they raid houses?
I actually had a case (well my partner handed it off to me) where the Austin Police went into a house with flashbangs and breaking down the door in the early morning but were at the wrong address. Tore the place up. Scared the crap out of the family, thankfully no one was seriously injured.

End result? City had immunity and could not be sued under the laws in effect back then. They received a nice letter apologizing for the "inadvertent" damage to their home, though. (And that was important as the insurance company was initially denying the claim under the "criminal activity" clause of their homeowner's policy.)
themissinglink
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
So no handgun (just shotguns and rifles) nor bags of H, right?
jabberwalkie09
AG
A CI bought it? Didn't Acevedo say officers bought it?
aggielostinETX
AG
He had a .357 pistol
aggielostinETX
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

the story keeps changing
bobbranco
AG
Acevedo is an idiot.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Deats said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

the story keeps changing

Curiouser and curiouser.
Post removed:
by user
Grimey
Warrant describes the house as "tan with white trim." That certainly sounds like Harding street and not Hardy street.
aggiehawg
AG
bobbranco said:

Acevedo is an idiot.
Sadly yeah, he's more concerned about protecting his own butt and his virtue signaling than he is about effective policing.
Gateman
AG
Grimey said:

Warrant describes the house as "tan with white trim." That certainly sounds like Harding street and not Hardy street.
So the coverup is working.
aggielostinETX
AG
Grimey said:

I have a feeling the CI got busted with some H, said "Hardy" which got heard as "Harding", so they staked it out and built the case. Then the CI realized they had the wrong house and to save his own ass from the dealers, went along with it.
FriscoKid
AG
Well they didn't find any heroin at the house that they busted and the CI said they had bags and bags of the stuff. I'm betting something went wrong here.
chickencoupe16
AG
Just saw this thread... Wow. No knock raids should be illegal. Even if a person can be expected to not fight when "police" is announced, you can't expect a dog to surrender. This will be an unpopular opinion, but the cop that shot the dog deserved everything and more that he got from the dog. Beyond that, I can't say how I would react to someone shooting my dog, even if they were a cop.

I know I place more value on my dog's life than a lot people, but I could completely understand these people shooting at the cops over just their dog. Much less over their house being broken into (who knows if the cops actually announced themselves or if it was loud enough to be heard). And I can certainly understand the guy shooting at cops after seeing his wife killed.

No knock raids are incredibly stupid and put everyone in a terrible position, police and suspects (even truly guilty suspects) included.
aggie2812-2
AG
Says the person who's never stacked up on the outside of a door not knowing what's inside. I love My dog and consider him my best friend but to use that a reason to shoot a cop?! How about you just sit back and let people who are willing to do the things that are required to keep our nation/cities safe by putting their lives on the line and say thank you.
chickencoupe16
AG
So here's a thought: don't do it. Saves everybody the trouble. Or only do it when you are absolutely certain that a severe threat exists.

And no, I haven't ever "stacked up on the outside of a door" (military or law enforcement), but that doesn't make my opinion any less valid than any other taxpayer.
Kozmozag
So "huggy bear" set this whole thing in motion....lol
cbr
AG
aggie2812-2 said:

Says the person who's never stacked up on the outside of a door not knowing what's inside. I love My dog and consider him my best friend but to use that a reason to shoot a cop?! How about you just sit back and let people who are willing to do the things that are required to keep our nation/cities safe by putting their lives on the line and say thank you.
im not saying the cops deserved to get shot. i appreciate and support my LEO very directly. but i dont want LEO being sent on fools missions and this is starting to sound like one.

one of my best friends died in the ATF in waco. you can search my post history for details if you want. but he died a villain, not a hero, and that is one of the saddest things i have ever had to say. at some point, the officer needs to know when NOT to stack up on a door.

i have no idea yet if this was one of those times. dont know enough.

but i will put it this way: most everyone I know would shoot to kill everyone that barged in their house and killed their dog and wife. cop or not. and rightly so.

CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

at some point, the officer needs to know when NOT to stack up on a door.

Iraq or Afghanistan, sure.

United States? Default should be "NO". The decision to go against that default position needs to be carefully, carefully weighed.
Post removed:
by user
dBoy99
AG
Dog's life > a human life?

No wonder our society is in the shape it's in.

Some of you are pathetic
8T2
I've read a lot of warrants, and typed a bunch of warrants. That warrant ranks in the bottom 5 of all I have ever read. It may be dead last. And, to think it was written by an employee of the PD of the 4th largest city in the US is stunning.

Tuttle was the owner of the house. This detective couldn't be bothered to even look up HCAD to see who owned the house, look up his DL, show it to the CI in an attempt to ID the seller? Did he search the CI to make sure he did not have heroin on him before he went into the house? HPD can't afford a wire? Hell, I've worked cases where the CI turned on his phone's video recorder and recorded the transaction. Sure, the video didn't catch everything, but at least you could occasionally see the seller.

From reading the warrant, it is clear that they spent longer typing the warrant than investigating the case. 2 weeks? And they couldn't ID the seller? BS. Once that detective gets out of the hospital, he should be fired.

More than likely, this CI is probably some POS trying to work off his own case. There is a huge incentive for these people to set people up to make a case. They usually have to make some multiple of cases to get theirs dismissed. Often, it is something like 10 times the amount of dope they were arrested with. I have had numerous cases dismissed because the evidence from CIs was so weak.
dBoy99
AG
Good post.

But if it was my decision to make I'd fire Acevedo first. From my uniformed perspective, it looks like this was a PR style bust - "let's do a drug bust so it looks like we're doing something."

Some of you are pathetic
8T2
dBoy99 said:

Good post.

But if it was my decision to make I'd fire Acevedo first. From my uniformed perspective, it looks like this was a PR style bust - "let's do a drug bust so it looks like we're doing something."
Respectfully, these CI buy/warrant/bust cases are a dime a dozen. And, not just at HPD. Every police department does them. I've even rolled with the SWAT team when they did a few busts back when I was an ada for an unnamed DA's office. These narco units can be very lazy in doing the tedious work of making a strong case. Most would prefer to just kick in doors, and arrest everyone in the house.

I'm no fan of Acevedo, but it is unlikely that he even had a clue what was going down until he got word of officers down.
ebag02
AG

From the Houston board. Police chief says Hardy Street multiple times starting around 4:15.
Post removed:
by user
MicheIangeIo
AG
thx for adding the thumbs down emoji
DannyDuberstein
AG
yeah, the more I see, the more I'm thinking wrong house or a bull**** CI story just resulted in a 60 year old couple getting murdered in their own home
Kenneth_2003
AG
One other thing that hasn't been mentioned. HPD said they found a small assortment of shotguns, a .22 rifle, and a Remington 700 (hunting rifle). They've found some MJ, and a powder.

They did NOT say they found CASH. The CI supposedly purchased heroin and saw multiple baggies of more heroin the day before the raid. So in that time, you're telling me that all the dope was sold and the cash is *poof* gone!
ABATTBQ11
AG
If this is a wrong address, everyone who went into that house and anyone who singed off on the raid need to be fired and prosecuted for premeditated murder. THERE IS NO ****ING EXCUSE FOR POLICE GETTING THE WRONG ADDRESS WHEN THEY HAVE WEEKS TO INVESTIGATE. End of story. You want a gun and authority? Accept the responsibility when an "accident" is a direct result of your negligence and dereliction.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.