BREAKING: Several Houston police officers shot

75,076 Views | 524 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Righteousgemstone
Our-turn-to-rule
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
no knocks are a black eye and should not be allowed except in extreme circumstances...period!

so sad that law enforcement just does whatever and we're all supposed to go along with it...

two things are in my mind concerning this raid:
1. the "piles of money" is the first reason they moved quickly so they could seize it
2. big boys full of adrenaline like to flex their muscle and play with their toys
FireAg
AG
Wouldn't the house have been under constant surveillance from the point the CI entered to buy on Sunday and they raid on Monday?

I'd think that if they had sold all of the dope that was claimed to have been there, there would have been a steady stream of folks coming and going from the house during the CI buy and the raid...
aggieforester05
AG
Now imagine what the response would be right now if the perps were black. Riots, BLM marching, Non stop around the clock news coverage, etc.

It would be about racism then, because cops never make mistakes with black perps for any reason other than racism.
Kenneth_2003
AG
Now they're claiming the "white powder" was cocaine.

What kind of lab did that take? Aren't there are field tests for that? A narco unit should be able to identify cocaine in the time it takes to open the trunk of their car.
aggieforester05
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

What kind of lab did that take? Aren't there are field tests for that? A narco unit should be able to identify cocaine in the time it takes to open the trunk of their car.
I think they usually do that on stops to verify that the drugs are cocaine (or whatever), but it's not admissible in court, so they have to send it to the lab before verification becomes evidence. The field tests are primarily so they know they're not arresting somebody for carrying a bag of flour or other similar legal substance in their car.
Boo Weekley
aggieforester05 said:

Now imagine what the response would be right now if the perps were black. Riots, BLM marching, Non stop around the clock news coverage, etc.

It would be about racism then, because cops never make mistakes with black perps for any reason other than racism.
No doubt. The US media has blood on its hands if you ask me.
Kellso
b_rad said:

Wonder why acevedo didn't describe the suspect/dealers that were killed? Hhmmmmmmm.....
I wonder why also.........Im sure they were Canadians. {WINK....WINK ]
Rapier108
Kenneth_2003 said:

Field tests can and do give false positive.

Only a lab test can give a definitive result.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
chickencoupe16
AG
Rapier108 said:

Kenneth_2003 said:

Field tests can and do give false positive.

Only a lab test can give a definitive result.

There was a thread somewhere on TexAgs a month or so ago that linked an article talking about how bad the field tests are. People have literally been arrested for something as innocent as having drywall dust in their car. Pretty insane. Almost as bad as no knock raids.
snowdog90
It amazes me that this story is already fading from the news and that people still defend what the cops did. Two people just living their lives were killed for no reason and people somehow still defend the cops.

And the cop-defenders call anyone who thinks the cops invaded the wrong house conspiracy nuts even after the police chief reported they had invaded the other house (Hardy, not Harding). To me, it's obvious they went to the wrong house and have falsified whatever documents they have to to cover that up.

The cops that screwed this up will get no punishment, just more free reign to impose their authority on the lower "ruled" class. Standard operating procedure.
cbr
AG
Pretty much gone from news. Unreal.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

To me, it's obvious they went to the wrong house and have falsified whatever documents they have to to cover that up.

So you think the warrant that was released was fake?
Post removed:
by user
Belton Ag
AG
It's clear they got the "right" house, based on the warrant, but it's still not completely clear that the people who were killed were actual drug dealers who deserved the raid. The CI looks rather suspicious, and unless I read the warrant application wrong, none of the detectives observed any actual drug deals first hand at the residence nor did HPD use any undercover agents.

More light needs to be shed on this.
Nosh
Our-turn-to-rule said:

no knocks are a black eye and should not be allowed except in extreme circumstances...period!

so sad that law enforcement just does whatever and we're all supposed to go along with it...

two things are in my mind concerning this raid:
1. the "piles of money" is the first reason they moved quickly so they could seize it
2. big boys full of adrenaline like to flex their muscle and play with their toys
Post removed:
by user
Kenneth_2003
AG
third coast.. said:

Wait when did art admit they raided the wrong house
They haven't... It's still people going to Art's comments at the press conference hours after the shooting. If you listen to him it sounds like he's saying "Hardy" rather than "Harding." I've listened to it several times and I see where some are coming from, but I can hear both. I'm willing to chalk that one up to an accent, dialect, or just how he speaks. I'm not reading anything into it.

Also.. thanks for educating me some about the field tests. I didn't realize they were that bad.
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

this is a mess.

I don't trust cops & this mess confirms why I don't.

Same as Waco cops indiscriminate killing of bikers at Twin Peaks slowly fading away so questions aren't asked and accountability ignored
Our-turn-to-rule
AG
See yellow vest protest thread for examples of unchecked police action with full support of politicians
ABATTBQ11
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

To me, it's obvious they went to the wrong house and have falsified whatever documents they have to to cover that up.

I don't think it's fake. I think they may not have done their due diligence investigating it and gotten a rubber stamped warrant. I would think that mountains of heroin and cash don't just disappear...
BMX Bandit
I also think that's a real possibility here.

aggielostinETX
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

I don't think it's fake. I think they may not have done their due diligence investigating it and gotten a rubber stamped warrant. I would think that mountains of heroin and cash don't just disappear...

This is where I am leaning.
snowdog90
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

I think either the warrant was written for the other house (Hardy), in which case they altered it after the fact to say Harding and give the description of the Harding house... OR whoever wrote the warrant mistakenly put Harding on the warrant, in which case they only had to change the description of the house after the fact to match the Harding house.

Art didn't admit anything, but at the briefing, he's reading the info of what happened and says they raided #### HARDY. That at least shows how easy it would be to make the mistake. At worst, it shows they raided the wrong house.

Btw, this exact scenario was a Tom Selleck movie back in the 80's, only the cops didn't kill Selleck and his wife, they just planted evidence and sent him to prison.
WES2006AG
AG
It is amazing how one nutjob with a camera and a twitter account can drive a narrative.
Proc92
thought the questions on the raid were being posed before that video was put up here.
WES2006AG
AG
Proc92 said:

thought the questions on the raid were being posed before that video was put up here.
It was questioned but now the narrative seems to be that they got the wrong house even though the evidence to back that up is very suspect.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I don't know if they got the wrong house or not, but I'm pretty sure that they got played by a CI looking to beat some charges. And they were an easy mark because it sounds like they did little to nothing to validate anything before busting down these people's door. At best, maybe they got the house a CI told them to get. That's not worth much.
ABATTBQ11
AG
BMX Bandit said:

I also think that's a real possibility here.

To me it's the most likely. I don't think they faked it. I think they probably had a CI buy from a different house, got the address over the phone, Google street viewed it, and then wrote the warrant request. It wouldn't be the first, and sadly probably won't be the last, time some lazy *** cop did the bare minimum and ended up ****ing things up royally. It happens more often than we like to think.

IIRC, some PD in Georgia executed a no knock raid and threw a flash bang through a window and into an infant's crib. It exploded next to his face. They did no surveillance or anything on the house. A CI allegedly bought meth from a guy at the house, and the guy had s previous weapons charge so they did a no knock raid. The guy wasn't even there, but his sister in law's family and their kids were. What did they find. NOTHING. Just "residue." No consequences for the PD or lazy *** investigators.

If that is the level of effort required for these warrants and the level of accountability when things go wrong, then either a) they need to be completely outlawed or b) cops who apply for them and execute them need mandatory and lengthy jail time when **** hits the fan and they get it wrong. I get giving cops leeway in split second decisions, but when it comes to just getting the right ****ing location and knowing what's there when you have all the time in the world and all you need to do is dot your i's and cross your t's, there should be no excuse.
AgBQ-00
AG
Does anyone have a link to the press conference in question? The video mentioned the Police Chief talking about security equipment (camera etc) at the raid location. Want to see for myself if that ever came up in the press conference. All I can find right now are sound bites
Communists aren't people. They are property of the state.
ABATTBQ11
AG
This. The house got raided supposedly because a CI bought black tar heroin there and there was piles of it and cash laying around. Somehow that just evaporated. The evidence FOR the raid is a little suspect considering the lack of corroborating evidence to support the claims in the warrant request and the lack of criminal history of the two individuals. Either they went to the wrong house or they got played, because I don't see their claims of these people being hardcore heroin dealers holding water at this point.

ETA Someone is lying. It's hard, if not impossible, to know who at this point, but someone is lying. I'm thinking the cops at this point don't even care to know who because no matter who it is, they come out on the wrong end. Either they went to the wrong place, or they got played. I just can't see this realistically being any other way knowing what we know.
snowdog90
WES2006AG said:

Proc92 said:

It was questioned but now the narrative seems to be that they got the wrong house even though the evidence to back that up is very suspect.

It's funny, though, how this wingnut videoed the house THAT THE POLICE CHIEF SAID THEY RAIDED.

And, wouldn't you know it, the "wrong" house that is referenced in the press conference looks like a drug house. Ah, but he's just a wingnut. Too bad he can't be smart like the 5 cops that invaded an old couple's home, killed them and their dog, and will no doubt be on the street again soon to administer this special brand of justice to some new unsuspecting citizens.
Kenneth_2003
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

Does anyone have a link to the press conference in question? The video mentioned the Police Chief talking about security equipment (camera etc) at the raid location. Want to see for myself if that ever came up in the press conference. All I can find right now are sound bites
Thought it was on this thread... had to go dig it out of the thread on the HOuston board...

Here ya go!
AgBQ-00
AG
Thanks!! Have only gotten to watch a little bit of it so far. But he definitely says Hardy several times. Listened on my phone and again on my car radio after getting in my truck. Will have to watch the rest later this afternoon.
snowdog90
What's telling in that video is the blind belief of the speakers ( not hfd) that the cops are brave heroes that need and deserve your prayers. The 2 "suspects"... Well, they're dead. F*** em. They were guilty, as determined by us, and they got the justice we deemed necessary.
AgBQ-00
AG
Didn't hear any mention of security system in the press briefing. Could have missed it but did not hear it. The union rep was a d-bag. Will be watching to see if any investigation actually proceeds from this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.