***** THE ACOLYTE Show Discussion (see note inside) Thread *****

155,281 Views | 1971 Replies | Last: 10 days ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
YNWA_AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I bet the big bad is Carrie Ann moss. Way too big of an actor to kill off in the first 5 minutes
ABATTBQ11
AG
What cast listing?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
YNWA_AG said:

I bet the big bad is Carrie Ann moss. Way too big of an actor to kill off in the first 5 minutes

So she faked her own death?
Moral High Horse
Atreides Ornithopter said:

YNWA_AG said:

So she faked her own death?

It was a small knife, she's fine:

jokershady
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

What cast listing?
for any movie or tv show pretty much ever made you can find it on IMDB and for each of these they list the actors and actresses that appear.

Typically, if there are big reveals that would be massive spoilers (like Luke showing up in S2E8 of Mando) they won't list that until at least a day or two after that episode releases.

When I checked IMDB right after episode 4, it showed one particular actor/actress that we did not see their face in this episode. They also did not list the character name we have seen them portray already.

And now as of this morning that actor/actress is no longer listed as being in episode 4. Therefore I saw this as a slip up on their part and revealing the big secret they've been building up to.
FL_Ag1998
AG
LPHA said:

I like the idea that poison-boy is the actual apprentice and they're just using Mae for something specific. Similar to Dooku and Maul.

Yeah, I like that thought as well. Mae is the "weapon" that Qimir is using to kill Jedi and start the unraveling of the Jedi. Like you or someone else said above, it totally fits with how Sith masters operate.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Madmarttigan said:

I think it's Mother Aniseya based on the power level shown but I also think it's awful writing to show someone who seems to be a very loving and caring mother basically let her daughter (Mae) suffer thinking her mom is dead and train her completely anonymously. She could openly train her daughter against the Jedi without all the secrecy since the Jedi are from her point of view responsible for the death of the entire coven and they took Osha away. It wouldn't be that hard to make your own daughter jilted towards the Jedi given the circumstances.

Yeah, I would think, at least the way young Mae is portrayed, that Mother Aniseya would actually have more of a hold over Mae if she wasn't in disguise. But then again, maybe the show can come up with a good reason to justify Aniseya remaining in hiding from even Mae. Is it a good enough reason to simply claim that she didn't want the Jedi to possibly somehow find out she is still alive?
ABATTBQ11
AG
Yeah, but who specifically?
Cliff.Booth
Cliff.Booth
I think this dude's buzzed Disney Star Wars Reviews are up there in the same realm with Drunk History. I'd pay $100 Aggie Bucks to see a buzzed TC and Pork on this panel trying to figure out wtf this show is doing.

ABATTBQ11
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

LPHA said:

I like the idea that poison-boy is the actual apprentice and they're just using Mae for something specific. Similar to Dooku and Maul.

Yeah, I like that thought as well. Mae is the "weapon" that Qimir is using to kill Jedi and start the unraveling of the Jedi. Like you or someone else said above, it totally fits with how Sith masters operate.

I think that was me awhile back, and it was Osha, not Mae.

The Sith's motivation and path forward are, or should be, based on their introduction, which was with this dialogue:
Quote:

The Jedi live in a dream. A dream they believe everyone shares. If you attack a Jedi with a weapon, you will fail. Steel or laser are no threat to them. But an Acolyte... an Acolyte kills without a weapon. An Acolyte... kills the dream.

Mae is the Acolyte. She's supposed to kill a Jedi without a weapon per her master's instructions, and kill the dream per the monologue.

Sol's character has been built up to be this innocent, altruistic, helpful guy. The stereotypical Jedi. He's an embodiment of what the dream is, but he isn't the dream itself.

Osha is the dreamer. She's the one who looks at the Jedi as just and good. She even wanted to join them. The dream is her perception of the Jedi, and it's representative of the Jedi's self-perception.

I think Mae kills Sol using Osha. She kills the dream by corrupting Osha's perception of the Jedi to the point that she kills Sol. It would be even better if she turned around and killed Mae.

I say this because the typical Sith play is to corrupt, influence, and use others to achieve their ends, not act directly. This would be a training for that. As a part of that corruption, they work to turn their servants or pawns against something they love. If you can get them to kill or betray love interests, family, and friends, you can get them to do anything. Here, that's Mae corrupting Osha to betray Sol, who's befriended her, and maybe even Osha then betraying Mae in return and taking her place to become an apprentice. Osha, as the main character, may have been the target all along as the more innocent of the two, with Mae being a mere tool (we saw the same thing with Dooku as a means to Anakin). Osha has farther to fall, meaning more shame, anger, hatred and thus commitment in the end.

ETA This would also make sense because the Sith play the long game, and their short term machinations are almost always a part of advancing while also concealing a much larger plan through misdirection. Palpatine did this with Maul and the trade federation and Dooku and all the others. It was never about Naboo, it was always about starting the war. And it wasn't about the war, it was about tricking the Jedi into using the clones. And it wasn't about tricking the Jedi into using the clones, it was about starting the war to trick the Jedi into using the clones as vehicle to corrupting Anakin and turning him into Vader while simultaneously seizing control of the Republic, forming the Empire, and building a superweapon to establish control over the galaxy. That's a very, very long game. Training Mae to kill Jedi to corrupt Osha to kill more Jedi and then turn into an apprentice would certainly fit into that cloak and dagger, long game full of misdirection MO.

If it's some other generic bull**** I'm gonna be really let down.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Yeah, totally agree that's how the story should play out and I really hope it is something multilayered like that, otherwise I'm going to be disappointed.
jokershady
AG
holy crap that was really well done
ABATTBQ11
AG
Watch it be some ****ty redemption arc where Osha saves Mae with love and a well placed guard rail.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
There's really no way it's not Qimir at this point. Even their body types looked identical, never mind the massive Clark Kent/Superman coincidence of them just happening to be in the exact same place at the exact same time..

TCTTS
AG
I truly do not understand how anyone takes this Star Wars Theory guy seriously. He is simply never not emanating total loser energy...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Doesn't make it a good decision.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Qimir doesn't identify as a Sith. From a certain point of view.
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

Doesn't make it a good decision.
It is definitely a stretch to include him in this series and him be in the dark 100 years later...assuming anyone on this mission to find Kelnacca survives
TCTTS
AG

Porckchop quits.

Star Wars Theory is losing his mind (yet again).

Wookieepedia editors and their pets are being threatened.

This franchise and its fandom is in such a chill, rational, and not-at-all-insane place right now.

Ag Since 83
AG
They should announce Rian Johnson is coming on board as a producer for season 2, just for the vibes
Charlie Conway
TCTTS said:

I truly do not understand how anyone takes this Star Wars Theory guy seriously. He is simply never not emanating total loser energy...

there's a number of self-important people that we all can't stand giving their opinions on this show

and yet we will persevere
TCTTS
AG
CheeseSndwch

In my opinion the bad guy is only 1 of 4 people and isn't a "Sith" from a certain point.

The poison maker, one of the two mothers, or the Green Jedi master.

I thought it might be the Green Jedi Master since she intentionally withheld information form the Jedi Council. Seems like something someone dark side adjacent would do.
justnobody79
LPHA said:

I've been enjoying this show alot. I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but I watch shows and movies differently than most. I'm not expecting Citizen Kane, or really much of anything other than a fun time. I love Star Wars and have enjoyed every show so far, even the most eye-rolling parts.

That said, how does this cost $22 million per episode? Inflation?
somebody is making a hell of a lot of money for doing nothing
justnobody79

In my opinion the bad guy is only 1 of 4 people and isn't a "Sith" from a certain point.

I disagree, none of them are white males which will be the ultimate bad guy. outside chance it is somehow Indara since she is white.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Can Porkchop do a poll where we vote who we think the Sith is?

Qimir ( poison maker)
Mother Aniseya ( creation mother)
Mother Koril ( Birth Mother)
Vernestra Rwoh ( Orion Jedi)
Master Indara ( fake death Jedi)
Other
redline248
AG
nm
redline248
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

I thought it might be the Green Jedi Master since she intentionally withheld information form the Jedi Council. Seems like something someone dark side adjacent would do.
I think the show is trying to play up the hypocrisy/corruption/whatever of the Jedi becoming political. You could be right, but I think most of these Jedi are just dummies. Which I personally find annoying
TCTTS
AG

FL_Ag1998
AG
But come on, that's not nearly as fun as posting videos on TikTok/Youtube/fanboards where you dramatically profess this show is the worst thing ever produced and has restroactively ruined your childhood!
Madmarttigan
AG
Caring about this Mundi nonsense is just… stupid. Could it be a minor error in canon? Sure but wgaf.

This show has plenty of other things to complain about without nerd raging about such a dumb detail.
Formerly tv1113
FL_Ag1998
AG
In all seriousness, about midway through Lost (which I still cherish as a favorite show) I realized something....that I enjoy shows/movies more when I let the plot be revealed to me at the show's pace. i.e. at whatever moments the writers and directors want to reveal it to me as part of their artistic vision for the show.

Sure I have some fun positing theories on here sometimes, but when watching a show/movie these days I always try to go in as blind as possible beyond the overall plot and then I just sit back and let the plot unravel. Its much more fun that way. Walking away from an episode with questions about character motivations, etc can be a great feeling (assuming of course its not the last episode of the show, lol).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.