***** THE ACOLYTE Show Discussion (see note inside) Thread *****

154,504 Views | 1971 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Funny cause Sol was the one I guy I thought wouldn't make it out of the episode.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

And yes, that was a good episode despite what some Youtubers will claim in order to continue their rants. I think if you trim down episodes 1-3 to the barebones compelling stuff, then combine episodes 4 & 5 you end up with a good story.

It's the exact problem that plagued Obi-Wan. That whole show could be trimmed down to a very solid 90 or 100 minute movie.
Madmarttigan
AG
They still have the big reveal about what reallly happened with Mae/Osha and I think Osha may actually fight him.
Formerly tv1113
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah definitely feels like Osha is about to start her turn to the dark side.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yeah definitely feels like Osha is about to start her turn to the dark side.
Definitely. Is Mae going to try to kill Sol on the ship or go back to Coruscant and wreak havoc there?
Or maybe she uses Pip to record him admitting what happened on Brendok so she can convince Osha what happens.

It sounds dumb, but I'm so thrilled for Manny Jacinto to get this great turn as the villain. He was so phenomenal on The Good Place and then they basically cut him out of Top Gun Maverick after he got ripped as **** for the role. His menace did not diminish at all when the mask cam eoff.
CheeseSndwch
Madmarttigan said:

I never in a million years thought they were going to axe every single person besides Sol. I was shocked at the padawan and then Yord. Holy *****

Bazil is still alive.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Funny cause Sol was the one I guy I thought wouldn't make it out of the episode.
The hand to hand fight was phenomenal. Look forward to watching it again soon. And the multi-Jedi vs.Quimir as well. WHen he skewered 2 Jedi on the same saber, really appreciate when things get done in SW we haven't seen before.

Pour one out for my boy Yord, fought his ass off, got his neck snapped
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
CheeseSndwch said:

Madmarttigan said:

I never in a million years thought they were going to axe every single person besides Sol. I was shocked at the padawan and then Yord. Holy *****

Bazil is still alive.

Thats because he is the actual Sith Master, Qimir is the apprentice
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The master could still be the mother.

But I'm hoping it's Darth Tenebrous.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Atreides Ornithopter said:

CheeseSndwch said:

Madmarttigan said:

Bazil is still alive.

Thats because he is the actual Sith Master, Qimir is the apprentice
The REAL DARTH TETH?

CheeseSndwch
And he's wearing a helmet so the Jedi can't read his thoughts!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sol needs to die or never speak to Ki-Adi Mundi or the Jedi Council again or I'm definitely calling shenanigans.
Madmarttigan
AG
Wouldn't his first thing to do when he gets back to the ship is to phone home and uhhh inform green lady everyone's ****ing dead? Although she may keep it a secret because it was her operation and it's completely ****ed.
Formerly tv1113
BQRyno
AG
The fighting was good. The pacing and dialogue were atrocious. The baddy reveal was obvious. The fact that sol didn't recognize that it was Mae not osha at the end because she cut her hair is ridiculous. At least the fighting was good. But good lord this is not a well done show.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Sol needs to die or never speak to Ki-Adi Mundi or the Jedi Council again or I'm definitely calling shenanigans.

Bazil will kill him just like the rabbit in Monty Python
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Mae might sabotage the ship or something . The planet where we see the light whip either hasn't been reached or it's this same planet.
BQRyno
AG
Atreides Ornithopter said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Bazil will kill him just like rabbit in Monty Python

Surely death awaits with big nasty pointy teeth!
PatAg
AG
BQRyno said:

The fighting was good. The pacing and dialogue were atrocious. The baddy reveal was obvious. The fact that sol didn't recognize that it was Mae not osha at the end because she cut her hair is ridiculous. At least the fighting was good. But good lord this is not a well done show.
He may have recognized her and not let her know he did.
Red Five
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

And yes, that was a good episode despite what some Youtubers will claim in order to continue their rants. I think if you trim down episodes 1-3 to the barebones compelling stuff, then combine episodes 4 & 5 you end up with a good story.
I agree 100%. If they had cut probably 50% of episode 3 and combined 4 and 5, this show would have been way better off. As it is, episode 5 was very good. I still have problems with the story, but the fight choreography and acting were great. Honestly just wowed by the Qimir/Everyone fight. Especially the double skewer and the cold-blooded take down of Jecki right in front of Sol.

Also echo Porkchops call out of cortosis ore. Awesome detail to see and actually made for some interesting fighting.

Overall can't stress how much this show needed an episode like that, even if it does highlight how much they swung and missed on the first 4.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Mae might sabotage the ship or something . The planet where we see the light whip either hasn't been reached or it's this same planet.

Yeah, the ship crashing and the Jedi thinking they all died in a crash could be a good cover.
BQRyno
AG
PatAg said:

BQRyno said:

You really think they're clever enough to do that? In this show? I wish!
PatAg
AG
BQRyno said:

PatAg said:

BQRyno said:

Maybe, I thought they must surely be misleading us with the Qimir as the bad guy becuase it was too obvious.
He did pause and look around before going with her to the ship, so we will see.
BQRyno
AG
Red Five said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

I agree 100%. If they had cut probably 50% of episode 3 and combined 4 and 5, this show would have been way better off. As it is, episode 5 was very good. I still have problems with the story, but the fight choreography and acting were great. Honestly just wowed by the Qimir/Everyone fight. Especially the double skewer and the cold-blooded take down of Jecki right in front of Sol.

Also echo Porkchops call out of cortosis ore. Awesome detail to see and actually made for some interesting fighting.

Overall can't stress how much this show needed an episode like that, even if it does highlight how much they swung and missed on the first 4.

I agree the fight choreography was great. Does that make it a good episode, or is it only good by comparison to the rest of it? Honest question about your opinion, not being a jerk.
MrPlow2010
AG
This show just makes me think less of the Jedi. They all look weak. At least this was a decent episode.
FL_Ag1998
AG
BQRyno said:

PatAg said:

BQRyno said:

I think this is clearly a show where things don't get revealed all at once and we still have 3 more episodes.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

This show just makes me think less of the Jedi. They all look weak. At least this was a decent episode.

That's the point. It's also why someone was needed to bring "balance" to the force.
The Porkchop Express
AG
BQRyno said:

Red Five said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

I agree the fight choreography was great. Does that make it a good episode, or is it only good by comparison to the rest of it? Honest question about your opinion, not being a jerk.
There were a couple of pacing problems, but it was a phenomenal episode. Felt like it was over in 5 minutes once the action started. Manny Jacinto unmasked was a really different type of villain we have never gotten in Star Wars and the guy who played Sol did some strong non-verbal acting when he realized that the Sith knows about Osha/Mae.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's two episodes in three days of identical twins fighting bitterly.
BQRyno
AG
I don't think this was a phenomenal episode of tv. Different strokes for different folks. It was better than anything else leading up to it, but it suffered from many of the same problems - just with some sweet fighting to make up for it a bit.
TCTTS
AG
I still don't care about a single character on this show (I felt nothing as Jecki and Yord got got, and was in fact relieved that we don't have to worry about them anymore), but that was at least the best action of the entire Disney+ Star Wars era, by a pretty wide margin.
BQRyno
AG
TCTTS said:

I still don't care about a single character on this show (I felt nothing as Jecki and Yord got got, and was in fact relieved we don't have to worry about them anymore), but that was at least the best action of the entire Disney+ Star Wars era, by a pretty wide margin.

Mark down the day - this may be the first time I agree with you completely. Blue star!
TCTTS
AG
The Porkchop Express
AG
MrPlow2010 said:

I think that's quite abit of the poimt the show is making. The show verbiage keeps saying "The Jedi are at the hieght of their powers" but in this instance, that's not a good thing - they are more numerous than an point in their history and they are unchallenged by any other opponent (other than politics) - that's the kind of situation where you go soft, because they're so assured that they are the alpha in the entire galaxy. It's like the montage at the beginning of Rocky III when he's fighting all the "tomato cans" to retain the title, and then Clubber Lang comes along and beats him to a pulp.

The jedi of the prequels might be lost in the fog of the dark side, but they had 20 Jedi that could have gone toe to toe in that fight because they had seen a lot of fighting. Everyone in the fight tonight - no way they've fought an opponent with a saber, or had their own sabers malfunction.
The Porkchop Express
AG
BQRyno said:

I don't think this was a phenomenal episode of tv. Different strokes for different folks. It was better than anything else leading up to it, but it suffered from many of the same problems - just with some sweet fighting to make up for it a bit.
That's fine, I just appreciate there aren't 3 people in here declaring everything was woke and queer and they're intentionally sabotaging star wars
FL_Ag1998
AG
That's exactly what I'm taking away from the show. The Jedi are almost a paper tiger at this point.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.