***** THE ACOLYTE Show Discussion (see note inside) Thread *****

154,506 Views | 1971 Replies | Last: 7 days ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Here is what chat gpt says:

The Sith and the Knights of Ren are distinct groups within the Star Wars universe, each with unique characteristics and histories:

1. **Sith:**
- **Origin:** The Sith have a long history dating back thousands of years in the Star Wars lore.
- **Philosophy:** They follow the Sith Code, which emphasizes passion, strength, and power through the dark side of the Force. Their philosophy is often summarized by the Rule of Two: one master and one apprentice, to prevent infighting and ensure the strength of the Sith.
- **Key Figures:** Notable Sith Lords include Darth Sidious (Emperor Palpatine), Darth Vader (Anakin Skywalker), Darth Maul, and Darth Tyranus (Count Dooku).
- **Goal:** The Sith seek to dominate the galaxy, destroy the Jedi, and achieve ultimate power.

2. **Knights of Ren:**
- **Origin:** The Knights of Ren are a more recent creation in the Star Wars saga, introduced in the sequel trilogy.
- **Philosophy:** They follow the dark side of the Force but are not as strictly bound by the Sith Code. They are more of a cult or a band of warriors than a formalized order like the Sith.
- **Leadership:** The Knights of Ren are led by Kylo Ren (Ben Solo), who takes his name from them. Unlike the Sith, their leadership structure and philosophy are less defined.
- **Goal:** They serve Supreme Leader Snoke and later Kylo Ren, acting as enforcers and warriors rather than having a grand philosophical or political agenda of their own.

In summary, while both the Sith and the Knights of Ren align with the dark side of the Force, the Sith have a deeply rooted, structured philosophy and long history, whereas the Knights of Ren are a newer, more loosely organized group with less defined traditions and goals.
Prime0882
AG
If an acolyte is below an apprentice, and we now know who the masked Sith is, I wonder if the reveal of the Sith Lord above him could be Carrie Ann Moss' Jedi character.

Otherwise, why have her in the show for five minutes and in all the marketing. That's my conspiracy theory for this one.
redline248
AG
We are getting at least one more flashback.
Ornithopter
AG
Prime0882 said:

If an acolyte is below an apprentice, and we now know who the masked Sith is, I wonder if the reveal of the Sith Lord above him could be Carrie Ann Moss' Jedi character.

Otherwise, why have her in the show for five minutes and in all the marketing. That's my conspiracy theory for this one.

She's famous, that's why.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They're Great Value Sith.

The thing I find interesting, if that's what they're doing, is they're having them originate alongside the Sith rather than after their extinction.

I always figured they formed after the fall of the Empire and just kind of made **** up as they want as Sith wannabes since they had no master or texts to follow.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Next time just drive over here and shoot me in the face I'd you're going to use chatgpt to talk star wars.
dave94
redline248
AG
haha
redline248
AG
wookiepedia says date founded "by 3 ABY"
Ag Since 83
AG
I can see it now. Darth Bortles founds KoR. Wookieepedia changes founding date. StarWarsTheory explodes "CANON BROKEN" and here we go again
DrEvazanPhD
Well, episode 5 was the least bad episode so far. I'll give it that.

I do love how everyone's motivations changes at the drop of a hat.

Blandakin: I have to get you to the ship. By force if necessary
Good twin: but he may kill everyone!
Blandakin: you're right. Let's go.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
So who else dies?

Sol. By Mae. Then Qimir by Osha. Then the twins fight ans Osha wins but turns to the dark side.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Atreides Ornithopter said:

So who else dies?

Sol. By Mae. Then Qimir by Osha. Then the twins fight ans Osha wins but turns to the dark side.

I like that.
Quad Dog
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

Does anyone know the budget of a TV series works or what anything approximately costs? We seem to all have opinions, but I couldn't tell you much any single thing costs.

There is at least this for HoTD - Spain gives them a 70% tax redution for filming the Dragonstone scenes there.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshwilson/2022/11/20/spain-promotes-new-up-to-70-tax-incentive-for-foreign-and-national-productions/#:~:text=The%20record%20tax%20break%20comes,did%20in%20Game%20of%20Thrones.
I read somewhere once that HBO has such an advantage over other streamers because of its association with Warner Brothers. That HBO shows have access to the WB warehouse and studios for things like lenses, cameras, lights, props, costumes, backgrounds, etc. much much cheaper than other streamers that might have to buy or rent those things. That HBO cost savings allows them to afford better writers, actors, directors, etc.

Maybe Disney+ isn't getting access to the Disney assets the same way HBO has access to WB assets.
redline248
AG
Quad Dog said:

Does anyone know the budget of a TV series works or what anything approximately costs? We seem to all have opinions, but I couldn't tell you much any single thing costs.

There is at least this for HoTD - Spain gives them a 70% tax redution for filming the Dragonstone scenes there.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/joshwilson/2022/11/20/spain-promotes-new-up-to-70-tax-incentive-for-foreign-and-national-productions/#:~:text=The%20record%20tax%20break%20comes,did%20in%20Game%20of%20Thrones.
I read somewhere once that HBO has such an advantage over other streamers because of its association with Warner Brothers. That HBO shows have access to the WB warehouse and studios for things like lenses, cameras, lights, props, costumes, backgrounds, etc. much much cheaper than other streamers that might have to buy or rent those things. That HBO cost savings allows them to afford better writers, actors, directors, etc.

Maybe Disney+ isn't getting access to the Disney assets the same way HBO has access to WB assets.
Maybe Disney's assets aren't even as high quality as other movie studios. Most of their stuff, traditionally, is animated and kids tv shows?
The Porkchop Express
AG

So who else dies?

We see Vernestra use her light whip in a brief commercial, so somebody is dying once that thing engages - her or her opponent.
Charlie Conway
Charlie Conway said:

when do they show that Osha has the forehead tattoo and is actually the "bad" one

a la Hugo and Bart Simpson
looks I might end up being correct after all lol

edit: not technically that they were switched up at the fire but they still swap places
Flashdiaz
AG

So who else dies?

We see Vernestra use her light whip in a brief commercial, so somebody is dying once that thing engages - her or her opponent.

hopefully that dumb thing gets cut in half and they have to go to hand to hand combat where her green makeup gets smudged off.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Episode 5 officially got me onboard for S2. A lot of stuff to be improved, and hopefully they do.
Moral High Horse
Quote:

season 2
Cliff.Booth
This episode was pretty fun to watch, even if a lot of it revealed more bad storytelling. I tried to enjoy it for what it was, but it's like a cool guitar solo in the middle of a song that began with a bad synth intro, the bass and drummer out of sync, and cringe lyrics.
justnobody79
Redstone said:

Power of One was my favorite moment from the show, but now I'm really digging this move

so she cut her hair to fool Sol, fine. but how is Qimir not fooled when he heals Osha with the short hair? unless he knows it is Osha and has other intentions
superaggie73
AG
justnobody79 said:

Redstone said:

Power of One was my favorite moment from the show, but now I'm really digging this move

so she cut her hair to fool Sol, fine. but how is Qimir not fooled when he heals Osha with the short hair? unless he knows it is Osha and has other intentions

I think it was obvious he knew it was Osha and has other intentions for her.
fig96
AG
justnobody79 said:

Redstone said:

For one he didn't see Mae cut her hair, Osha's tattoo is also clearly visible on her upper arm (which if I had to guess will be how Sol will at some point tell Mae he knew it was her all along).
Redstone
AG
Hair is a source of Power, from Samson to New York Times opinion pieces and Cosmo personal essays (yes, look it up).

DrEvazanPhD
Had to do a rewatch of this episode.

I think my favorite part of the whole episode is when master squidgames has dime store kylo down, and osha says "no, don't kill him, it's not the Jedi way," then proceeds to attach a light to him so the bugs will kill him instead.

What the hell? Dude just took out a dozen or so Jedi without much problem. Maybe don't make stupid, cliched decisions so the next 3 episodes can happen?
redline248
AG
Yeah, very reminiscent of Anakin/Mace/Palpatine

Maybe you idiot non-masters should sit one out
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
Did anyone reply to the tweet about correlation/causation, and that cool merch doesn't mean the show is good?

I still don't know how I would classify this show. It's not the worst thing in the world, but also not "good." Maybe the best way to describe it is "mid"
DrEvazanPhD
Literally grasping at straws.

Baby Yoda was damn cute. Didn't mean his appearance in the book of boba fett made the show any less ****ty
TCTTS
AG
Literally no one said cool merch = good show.

I'm not defending the quality of the show in any way.

Rather, it's simply a data point that possibly refutes the idea that no one is watching this show, that the franchise is "dead," etc.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I don't understand why the people who hate this show are so touchy about some other people not hating it as much as they do? You people truly are letting the hate flow through you, lol.
Cliff.Booth
Imagine going out on Halloween wearing your limited edition sold out Acolyte sith helmet and like 6 other dudes knowing who the **** you're supposed to be.
redline248
AG
Texags needs a seminar on how to interpret emojis.

I was certain the one I used conveyed a sense of playful teasing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.