*** The Concert Thread ***

219,240 Views | 2405 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by 62strat
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Blackstreet said:

Yeah but were they original members? I kid, I kid.
I still laugh at rob being the new guy, at 20+ years now lol.
jh0400
AG
Tyler Childers put on a great show tonight in Boulder.
Ragoo
AG

Wheatables02
AG

El Chupacabra
62strat said:

El Chupacabra said:

Metallica was good last night. Looking forward to one more tomorrow night.
I see they slimmed up their setlist by a song.

Dudes are getting old.

After 45 minutes of pantera and 15 Metallica songs, I was tired, and I was just listening and drinking $16 beers.
El Chupacabra

https://ibb.co/yfd3vgS

[url=https://ibb.co/yfd3vgS][/url]

Echoes97
AG
Jane's Addiction was awesome last night! So great to see Navarro kicking ass again after his health issues. The whole band was on fire, had a blast. Great to see them back together, and they played a killer set of tunes.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
johnnyblaze36
AG
Echoes97 said:

Jane's Addiction was awesome last night! So great to see Navarro kicking ass again after his health issues. The whole band was on fire, had a blast. Great to see them back together, and they played a killer set of tunes.
Just came here to post what a killer show last night was. I'd only been to that venue once for Billy Strings and forgot how great that place is.

At one point my buddy and I were about to go hit the head and right as we were about to start walking they go Jane Says>Mountain Song>Three Days. Would have been the most poorly timed piss break of all time.

They sounded incredible!
62strat
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Echoes97 said:

Jane Says>Mountain Song>Three Days.
that's a long ass piss break!

I feel like when a band is playing, I can typically get in and out of a restroom pretty damn quick.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Ha. Well we'd have been back pretty quick but would have also probably stopped to get a beer and been hearing Jane Say's from a line at least so the timing still would have sucked. I was surprised they played those three monsters all in a row but it was glorious.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I want to see Megadeth in Austin tonight…..but my wife was due this past Monday and we're inducing tomorrow.

If I go to night, I'll be Sweating Bullets…
Echoes97
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Echoes97 said:

Just came here to post what a killer show last night was. I'd only been to that venue once for Billy Strings and forgot how great that place is.

At one point my buddy and I were about to go hit the head and right as we were about to start walking they go Jane Says>Mountain Song>Three Days. Would have been the most poorly timed piss break of all time.

They sounded incredible!
Yeah, Mountain Song/Three Days was absolute badassery, Dave was shredding his ass off!!! Man I love those songs, and loved the Summertime Rolls before Jane Says too, awesome!
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
Counterpoint
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

I want to see Megadeth in Austin tonight…..but my wife was due this past Monday and we're inducing tomorrow.

If you miss it, she'll be Angry Again.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
Counterpoint said:

Aggie Therapist said:

If you miss it, she'll be Angry Again.

The Punishment Due would be worth it.
Ag_07
AG
Was finally able to catch 311 at 713MusicHall here in Houston and they did not disappoint.

Put on a helluva show. Great all around from sound, lights, showmanship...All of it was fantastic.

Not familiar with a lot of their music but Awolnation opened for them and they too put on great show. Really good for an opener.
62strat
AG
Ag_07 said:

Was finally able to catch 311 at 713MusicHall here in Houston and they did not disappoint.

Put on a helluva show. Great all around from sound, lights, showmanship...All of it was fantastic.

Not familiar with a lot of their music but Awolnation opened for them and they too put on great show. Really good for an opener.
I got to see an in between 311 date of awolnation in a club. Man they are top notch. Will not miss them when they hopefully come around for their new album.
Proposition Joe
Tonight will be my around my 20th 311 concert (dodges tomatoes).

They've perfected their stage craft at this point. All of it completely scripted but none of it ever feels scripted. 30+ years of touring now, all with same members. Pretty incredible.
62strat
AG
This is a cool little news spot

Aggie Therapist
AG
I've heard Taylor Swift mention people "laying steel" and thanking them. Now I see Metallica has 40 steelworkers.

Are these guys doing onsite fabrication and welding?
jetch17
AG
Ive been digging the most recent HS album - short little run thru TX

62strat
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

I've heard Taylor Swift mention people "laying steel" and thanking them. Now I see Metallica has 40 steelworkers.

here's a more in depth tour.

I would guess it's all fabricated beforehand, then just transported, erected, and taken down.
They have two complete full setups each doing every other city, since it takes 3-4 days of set up, a day of take down plus 2-3 days of travel between. Then you have 3 days for the 2 concerts.
Counterpoint
AG
62strat said:

Aggie Therapist said:

here's a more in depth tour.

I would guess it's all fabricated beforehand, then just transported, erected, and taken down.
They have two complete full setups each doing every other city, since it takes 3-4 days of set up, a day of take down plus 2-3 days of travel between. Then you have 3 days for the 2 concerts.

Wow. After watching that, I'm surprised concerts aren't MORE expensive.
Proposition Joe
62strat said:

Ag_07 said:

I got to see an in between 311 date of awolnation in a club. Man they are top notch. Will not miss them when they hopefully come around for their new album.

Not really my style of music but was really impressed with AWOLNATION last night. Great energy. Felt a bit bad for Neon Trees being the opener opener since the venue (CU Grand Trust / Verizon Theatre) was simply too big for a band like Neon Trees at 7pm start, but once AWOL came on the place got lively.
Woomfy
AG
Saw them back in 2019 and they put on an awesome show, would definitely recommend it!
Know Your Enemy
AG
Proposition Joe said:

62strat said:

Ag_07 said:

Not really my style of music but was really impressed with AWOLNATION last night. Great energy. Felt a bit bad for Neon Trees being the opener opener since the venue (CU Grand Trust / Verizon Theatre) was simply too big for a band like Neon Trees at 7pm start, but once AWOL came on the place got lively.

They're no Sponge, that's for sure.
12f Mane
AG
Live and Stone Temple Pilots were both great at Cynthia Woods last night. Hottest concert I've ever been too though. Under the canopy was brutal. Sweated my buzz away.
Ag_07
AG
Like I mentioned earlier we didn't get to see Neon Trees but you echo my sentiments on AWOLNATION.

Not my cup of tea music wise but I thought they were great for an opener to 311.
62strat
AG
Proposition Joe said:

62strat said:

Ag_07 said:

awol is pretty genre fluid. You should check some stuff out.. not sure what you like, but they have acoustic singer/songwriter stuff, slow/chill/ballads, harder rock, synthy stuff, electronic stuff, pop rock, indy rock. Never really long songs, but can even get progressive at times, totally switching up genres withing a song or stark contrasting sections/tempos

He's a great lyricist, and nearly everything they do is an earworm and really melodic, lots of harmonies and layers to the music. Not always just a guitar/drums/bass kind of band.

I can give you some suggestions if you point me in a direction.
Proposition Joe
I'm doing some spotifying with them today. I knew Sail of course, and Hollow Moon was always one of my go-to running songs, but there were a few others last night that I liked (and would probably like more if I actually knew the lyrics to them).

As I've gotten older I forget how often I find new bands I enjoy by going to see the openers. I think the last time I was at the venue last night was one of the Edge Stole Christmas shows 7-8 years ago. I went to see Weezer and came away bigger fans of the openers I knew very little about at the time - Young the Giant and Rise Against.
62strat
AG
Proposition Joe said:

I'm doing some spotifying with them today. I knew Sail of course, and Hollow Moon was always one of my go-to running songs, but there were a few others last night that I liked (and would probably like more if I actually knew the lyrics to them).

As I've gotten older I forget how often I find new bands I enjoy by going to see the openers. I think the last time I was at the venue last night was one of the Edge Stole Christmas shows 7-8 years ago. I went to see Weezer and came away bigger fans of the openers I knew very little about at the time - Young the Giant and Rise Against.

Rivers Cuomo sings on an AWOLNATION song on the last album is called Pacific Coast Highway in the movies. Good song, very weezerish.
He's immediately recognizable!
Looks like they are playing it on this tour.

I absolutely love the entire last album. Angles miners.

AggieRob93
AG
Sitting under the cover at Cynthia Woods tonight, getting ready for Sammy Hagar and Co. Looking forward to it and how the Van Halen material is handled/presented.

It's hot, but not as hot as a show I sat through last August at Germania at the track - it was effing hot.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Tonight will be my around my 20th 311 concert (dodges tomatoes).

They've perfected their stage craft at this point. All of it completely scripted but none of it ever feels scripted. 30+ years of touring now, all with same members. Pretty incredible.
When I was walking up to Jane's Addiction the other night I said to my buddy oh damn 311 is playing here in two days. I bet that will be good.

The only time I ever saw them was opening up for the Pharcyde and Cypress Hill at the Bronco Bowl in 1996. Had no idea who they were and mostly just listened to hip-hop at the time and they were great. Not sure why I've never seen them since as I've enjoyed most of their music ever since then.
62strat
AG
AggieRob93 said:

Sitting under the cover at Cynthia Woods tonight, getting ready for Sammy Hagar and Co. Looking forward to it and how the Van Halen material is handled/presented.

It's hot, but not as hot as a show I sat through last August at Germania at the track - it was effing hot.
I saw blue October and switchfoot last weekend at Denver's version of the woodlands pavilion(fiddlers green);
It was raining earlier in the day, so I brought a hoodie and glad I did, by 9 or so it was like 58 degrees lol.

Man I remember some hot ass august woodlands pavilion concerts back in my day.
Johnsy3
AG
Ag_07 said:

I luckily got a free ticket to go to this. It was my first time at 713 and it's a cool venue. All 3 bands were energetic and sounded great.

311 has got to be one of the most unique bands of all time
Sq1dvm
AG
12f Mane said:

Live and Stone Temple Pilots were both great at Cynthia Woods last night. Hottest concert I've ever been too though. Under the canopy was brutal. Sweated my buzz away.

Saw them at Dos Equis last night and it was a fun show. STP's new singer was good. Soul Asylum is still terrible.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.