*** The Concert Thread ***

219,316 Views | 2405 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by 62strat
jetch17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maroon barchetta said:

jetch17 said:

Man I think I saw BC open for Van Hagar with skid row back in the day … that's a name I haven't heard in a long time

I just remember that Breadmaker song

You mean Heartbreaker. That's Pat Benatar doing a Led Zeppelin cover.

She's a heartbreaker, love taker, Brubaker run this prison like a man. Oh!
cc10106
Interpol was excellent on Sunday night in Houston. Too bad i left early thinking there would be no encore, but it was already 11 PM. I guess they wanted to reward a great crowd.

Has anyone been to a show at Stable Hall in San Antonio? The Black Angels are playing there next month, and I'm thinking about making the drive.

Idles in a couple weeks at White Oak should be fun. They've got some good acts lined up in the coming months:

Echo & The Bunnymen
Slowdive
Real Estate
Warpaint
Caspian
Pallbearer
Cake
Future Islands

Wicked Good Ag
I am half tempted to drive down for Echo and the Bunnymen tomorrow night
zgood10
AG
Got tickets for Caspian at WO in July. They've been popping up on my Spotify playlists for the last year or so

Couple highlights:
Hymn for the Greatest Generation
Flowers of Light
zgood10
AG
Summer/Fall schedule:

May 11 - Jacob Collier - 713 MH
May 31 - Brit Floyd - Bayou Music Center
July 17 - Caspian - WOMH
Oct 2 - Lawrence - HOB

Just saw Dirty Loops at WO a couple weeks ago.

Really tempted to do Korn/Gojira/Spiritbox
Aggie Therapist
AG
Blink-182 on June 24th in San Antonio

Could use a local Austin show in July. Recommendations?

Baby due August 19…..so looking for one final outing haha
62strat
AG
If you like rock and have not been exposed to ghost yet, do yourself a favor and go see this.

You will become a fan. Best live show in the genre these days.

https://www.ritehereritenow.com/
WES2006AG
AG
Summer Lineup

6/6- Vampire Weekend at 713 Music Hall
6/15- George Strait at Kyle Field
6/26- Garth Brooks at Caesars in Vegas
7/25 and 7/27- Springsteen and E Street Band at Wembley Stadium in London
8/16- Juvenile at WOMH
8/24- Chris Stapleton at MMP

Likely add a show or two as they get closer. Shaping up to be a good summer.

cc10106
zgood10 said:

Got tickets for Caspian at WO in July. They've been popping up on my Spotify playlists for the last year or so

Couple highlights:
Hymn for the Greatest Generation
Flowers of Light
Great tunes. Their album Waking Season is outstanding and one of my favorites much less in that genre.

I'll get a ticket next trip to the venue to save on fees at the box office.

LandArchSA
AG
Have not been to Stable Hall yet, but talked to someone recently who said they really enjoyed the venue for a recent show.
Echoes97
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Echoes97 said:

Going to see Brother Cane tonight at Warehouse Live Midtown, blast from the past that I was a big fan of back in the day. Never gotten to see them so pretty stoked.

Upcoming shows in the next 2 weeks:

Steel Panther
King's X
Amon Amarth
Molly Tuttle
In Flames

I wish Steel Panther was another night.

I'm considering King's X but continually hear bad things about sound at that venue.
Yeah man I hear you, but King's X is damn long in the tooth, and I'm gonna see them any chance I get. There's a chance I may have to miss this one, but unlikely. If you get decently up close, it's somewhat more bearable. But there's no getting around it, the sound sucks there. I only go to shows I really wanna see there, don't bother with anything else because it is so meh. Wish King's X was at like White Oak downstairs or maybe House of Blues, but it is what it is. Saw them there last time and stood right in front of Ty the whole time. Awesome show, even if Dug can't do what he used to.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
cc10106
Aggie Therapist said:

Blink-182 on June 24th in San Antonio

Could use a local Austin show in July. Recommendations?

Baby due August 19…..so looking for one final outing haha
Mastodon on 7/20 (outdoor though so maybe not)

$25 seats are currently available for the sale this week.
maroon barchetta
I think they are playing tuned down to C these days. I think Mr. Big did the same thing.

It would be good to take my son to see them but I don't know if he's available. Think he's got a house/dog sitting gig out of town that weekend.
Aggie Therapist
AG
I'll definitely go solo to a mastodon concert!

Thanks for the heads up
Wheatables02
AG
62strat said:

If you like rock and have not been exposed to ghost yet, do yourself a favor and go see this.

I'll get roasted for this, but as good as their music is, something about them and their shows just seems dark enough to almost feel like real evil…unless it's just a parody.
62strat
AG
Wheatables02 said:

62strat said:

I'll get roasted for this, but as good as their music is, something about them and their shows just seems dark enough to almost feel like real evil…unless it's just a parody.
when I first heard them (known as Ghost B.C. lol) and subsequently dove into youtube videos of them live back in 2013, they genuinely seemed like a satanic band, very dark, catchy as hell, but probably just gonna stay underground or at least remain in the metal world.

Man was I wrong. Within an album or two, they have Grohl producing an EP, and shot from opening for Opeth to headlining theaters and eventually arenas.

The imagery and symbolism is all a front. Per wiki; 'Afterwards Forge remarked to Lindström: "This definitely does not sound like two dudes that look like you and I". Thus Forge decided that they should be an anonymous "theater band", and use their love of horror films and "the traditions of Scandinavian metal" in the band's imagery'
maroon barchetta
62strat said:

Wheatables02 said:

62strat said:

when I first heard them (known as Ghost B.C. lol) and subsequently dove into youtube videos of them live back in 2013, they genuinely seemed like a satanic band, very dark, catchy as hell, but probably just gonna stay underground or at least remain in the metal world.

Man was I wrong. Within an album or two, they have Grohl producing an EP, and shot from opening for Opeth to headlining theaters and eventually arenas.

The imagery and symbolism is all a front. Per wiki; 'Afterwards Forge remarked to Lindström: "This definitely does not sound like two dudes that look like you and I". Thus Forge decided that they should be an anonymous "theater band", and use their love of horror films and "the traditions of Scandinavian metal" in the band's imagery'

Umm yeah.

That's what happens when you sign the book.
Aggie Therapist
AG
A little dark arts and satanic rituals has always been cool with me at a metal show.

Worlds seem to collide with metal and the wicked
62strat
AG
maroon barchetta said:

62strat said:

Wheatables02 said:

62strat said:

Umm yeah.

That's what happens when you sign the book.
I think it's because they were ready to swear right here, right now, before the devil.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Saw Cypress Hill and the Pharcyde last night at Stubb's and both were still great all these years later. But look who saw Charley Crockett last night: freaking Jimmy Page!

https://instagr.am/p/C6wSX0aLjex
Aggie Therapist
AG
You live around here Mr. blaze?

How was Cypress Hill?
Another Doug
AG
Johnny Marr and James are touring together and going to Stubbs (9/29), and Bayou Center (10/1). With flakey Morrissey this might be best chance at seeing Smiths' songs live.

Wife and Daughter went to Nicki Minaj last night at Toyota, all I know at this point is they didn't get home until 3:00.
goadius6
AG
Going to Grateful Shred and Circles Around the Sun tomorrow night at Echo Lounge Dallas. Very excited for Circles, have not seen them yet. Sounds like they're doing a mixed set as they have overlap of band members so Dead covers and Circles originals back and forth with no breaks.

Got tickets to Blues Traveler in August for $25 Live Nation Concert Week sale.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

You live around here Mr. blaze?

How was Cypress Hill?
I'm in College Station but hit up Dallas and Austin and Houston for shows frequently since we never get anything here. Got Billy Strings on deck tomorrow in Conroe and cannot wait. Will be my 18th Billy show since December 2022.

Cypress Hill was great but it was one of the more polarizing concert experiences I've ever had. Got inside around 7:30 and it was so packed and the people I was with had VIP in the very back so I went and stood with them for about the first half of the show and the sound was horrible back there. Couldn't hear vocals at all.

So finally I said screw this and a buddy I was with and I started making our way forward through the sea of people and caught the second half from a killer spot dead center and it was such a game changer to actually be able to see and hear. They did a really good job of playing originals but also mixing them up as well and concluded with "Jump Around". Place went nuts. Chuck D came out and performed at the Dallas show with them but unfortunately not Austin. Seems like they performed for nearly two hours and the show was over by 9:50 which was nice.
johnnyblaze36
AG
goadius6 said:

Going to Grateful Shred and Circles Around the Sun tomorrow night at Echo Lounge Dallas. Very excited for Circles, have not seen them yet. Sounds like they're doing a mixed set as they have overlap of band members so Dead covers and Circles originals back and forth with no breaks.

Got tickets to Blues Traveler in August for $25 Live Nation Concert Week sale.
I have the Fare Thee Well box set (went to the final three Chicago shows) and those Circles Around the Sun set break discs are incredible. Didn't even realize they were playing at Echo Lounge tomorrow. That should be great.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
The Red Clay Strays put on a great show last night in Morrison. Brandon has such a range of vocals and Drew Nix is a great guitar player.
Bunk Moreland
Honestly they're the only interesting thing to me about this year's Troubadour Festival at Aggie Park. The BBQ of course will be good, but the rest of the lineup I've ever seen too many times to count or doesn't do enough for me.
WyoAgg10
AG
Would love to see them. Are you going to Turnpike this weekend at RR?
Ducks4brkfast
AG
We saw them last night.
c-jags
first time posting in this thread. i'm not a concert guy and i don't think i've been to a concert outside of ACL in 2016 for 15 or so years.

but my son was a big AJR fan in his early teenage years and we told him when they finally came close, we'd take him.

went to the show in Austin this week. It absolutely was not my jam, but they really did a fun job of it. i think i could have named 2 or 3 songs of theirs beforehand, but they made it a solid show for entertainment value.

Sober Up is probably the only song i could say i "like" but other than being an old man and it being too loud it was a solid outing.

in a weird turn of events, I'm also going to a Clay Walker concert this weekend. almost 10 years without having to mess with one and now 2 in a single week.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

The Red Clay Strays put on a great show last night in Morrison. Brandon has such a range of vocals and Drew Nix is a great guitar player.
This just dropped yesterday:

WyoAgg10
AG
I'm such an idiot… thought their shows were tonight and tomorrow night. Saw Shane Smith and the Saints there last year. It's worth every bit of the hype.
c-jags
WyoAgg10 said:

I'm such an idiot… thought their shows were tonight and tomorrow night. Saw Shane Smith and the Saints there last year. It's worth every bit of the hype.

I saw SS&tS years ago at ACL and have been hooked ever sense. Norther is a solid album.
WyoAgg10
AG
Saw them what felt like every semester when I was at A&M at Harry's. They put on one of the best shows I've ever seen, and not to toot my own horn, but I've seen some good shows.
Claude!
Saw Judas Priest last night at PNC Pavilion Charlotte with Sabaton opening.
  • Venue was fine - it's showing its age, but security line moved quickly once the doors opened and I didn't see long lines for concessions. Merch line was long, but you could order online and pickup.
  • Sabaton was pretty great - excellent energy and good crowd work from Joakim. The fans were super into them, too - lots of folks knew the entire setlist and were really digging them, which was great to see.
  • Judas Priest - Rob Halford is old. He looked like a goth leather Santa wandering around stage, and I am pretty sure at times was reading lyrics straight from the monitors for extended periods. For all that, he can still belt when he wants to, and they did play for almost two hours. The band sounded great with a setlist heavy on the hits.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.