*** The Concert Thread ***

151,110 Views | 1944 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Iraq2xVeteran
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How is parking at Cullen Center at UH?
Will my car be there when I get back?
Will I get jacked when going to and fro?

It's been a LONG time since I've been there. 30 years at least.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Welcome Center Garage located at 4400 University Drive, Houston, TX 77204.

Are you coming to my graduation in a few weeks?

Go COOGS
maroon barchetta
No

Just going to a concert this Friday.
spadilly
S
Aggie Therapist said:

Go COOGS

This is where we park when we go down there as well.

Also, thoughts and prayers if you are in the second level. Absolutely no leg room. I'm 6'3" and refuse to sit up there again.
maroon barchetta
Do you need to pay in advance?
spadilly
S
I'm about 90% sure we paid when we entered.
Aggie Therapist
AG
maroon barchetta said:

Just pay when you get there.

Also, Not sure if wife is going but clear bag only venue.
maroon barchetta
Aggie Therapist said:

maroon barchetta said:

Just pay when you get there.

Also, Not sure if wife is going but clear bag only venue.

Thanks for the tip!
TXTebone
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Anyone got an AARP membership? they have a presale for Stones tour

I am an old Ag class of 70 interesting in going to Stones concert at NRG with a group. Thinking about Club level seats if that would be a good location for concessions &RR? Looking at sections 303 or 304. Any suggestions?
AARP has some great pricing. Any suggestions?
cajunaggie08
AG
TXTebone said:

jorgerr96 said:

Anyone got an AARP membership? they have a presale for Stones tour

I am an old Ag class of 70 interesting in going to Stones concert at NRG with a group. Thinking about Club level seats if that would be a good location for concessions &RR? Looking at sections 303 or 304. Any suggestions?
AARP has some great pricing. Any suggestions?
I havent been to the club level for a true concert. I have been there for the rodeo and the club concourse definitely got crowded during mutton bustin but thats because everyone was grabbing drinks right before the concert part of the night started. Beyond that, its definitely a better experience than a non-club part of the stadium as you have to have club section tickets to access that concourse so its less crowded than the main concourses. I don't know what the food selection is like these days but the club level usually has the stadium basics plus a higher end option in the middle that the "poors" don't have access to. I went to Texans game years ago that had an Underbelly (Chris Shepherd) menu offerings. There is also full bars and places to hang out in the club concourse so you can hang out there rather than just being stuck in your seat before the show starts. 303 and 304 are right next to the restrooms.
TXTebone
AG
Thanks for the info. BTW I come from a long line of Cajuns on
my mothers side. Great people especially if you were family.
Looking forward to the Stones with a great group of friends.
thenational
AG
Anyone have presale code for Stones?
jorgerr96

Didn't see it on time but it was Diamonds.

I was able to get a pit ticket for Houston, first show of tour and everything but I really wanted Cleveland instead. I kept trying until Ticketmaster blocked my work wifi lol.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Third concert of 2024 on the books with Stones presale this morning.
Jim01
AG
IDLES coming to White Oak next May. Can't wait! I just got into them and got the 45 rpm deluxe version of Crawler and been wearing it out.
spadilly
S
Is it just me, or have the prices of concert tickets just gone absolutely nuts the last year or so? Is it just the cost of logistics going up for these big gigs?

Looking at the prices for the Stones at NRG, and it's $100 for the sixth level, and $89 for the seventh. $500 for the floor, and that's before any of the taxes or fees are added on.

Have I just missed the gradual increase, or did every tour this year just collude and decide to jack the prices up?

Even looking at Noah Kahan at the Woodlands, the only seats available are $270 (though it looks like it's a premium ticket).
John Mayer, Zach Bryan, Creed, all of the big name acts have completely priced out the middle class family. I know it's not all their fault, but it's frustrating.

Gone are the days of spending $35 for a lawn seat and I hate it.

[done with my old man rant]

spadilly
S
GIMME is the one I got in an email today for NRG.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Not just you. Tool 2024 was significantly higher than 2022.
TheCellarDoor
AG
Yeah, I planned to snag some Stones tickets in the presale and then said "nope" when I saw prices. I'll see what happens on secondary.

And I did the same thing for Zach Bryan for the 2024 NRG concert. Until the credit card bubble pops and prices come back down to earth, I will personally avoid paying the absurd prices.
cajunaggie08
AG
spadilly said:

Is it just me, or have the prices of concert tickets just gone absolutely nuts the last year or so? Is it just the cost of logistics going up for these big gigs?

Looking at the prices for the Stones at NRG, and it's $100 for the sixth level, and $89 for the seventh. $500 for the floor, and that's before any of the taxes or fees are added on.

Have I just missed the gradual increase, or did every tour this year just collude and decide to jack the prices up?

Even looking at Noah Kahan at the Woodlands, the only seats available are $270 (though it looks like it's a premium ticket).
John Mayer, Zach Bryan, Creed, all of the big name acts have completely priced out the middle class family. I know it's not all their fault, but it's frustrating.

Gone are the days of spending $35 for a lawn seat and I hate it.

[done with my old man rant]

if they keep selling out with the higher prices, then more power to them. I suppose this was always going to be the end game with scalper prices being public info via stubhub. The artists/tour producers dont like leaving money on the table when they see scalpers/resellers selling seats for 3X face value. Fan loyalty is no longer measured by how long are you willing to stand in line for tickets but rather how much are you willing to pay to see a concert.

On the flip side, I have no doubt there are some acts that the price increase bubble has already popped resulting in them playing in a half-full or less venue where the die hard fans are pissed off they spent hundreds on seats when they could have bought lawn seats for a few bucks and gotten moved down to nearly the same spot.
Proposition Joe
It's not a coincidence that "no transfer, but face-value marketplace!" is suddenly being promoted by Ticketmaster, and it ain't because it makes them less money.

Bought a $100 "face" ticket that they've cut to $50 "face" a month before the show? Good luck finding a buyer at $100 on the face-value marketplace.

It's understandable to hate scalpers/secondary, but the solution is not to give the primary complete control over pricing and transferability because the outcome is not going to be you paying less.
spadilly
S
Yeah, from here on out I think I'm much better off planning to buy tickets at the last minute for a show than snagging them right when they go on sale.
Prophet00
AG
Part of the problem, in my opinion, is that tons of people saw the market reaction and ticket insanity with Taylor Swift and now think that will apply to every major tour.

Bought tickets to Blink in Ft. Worth and looked the next day, so many people bought singles and then just listed them for resale at 2-3x face value. I doubt they even go to the concert if they can't sell them. Same thing happened at the Blink concert this year in Houston.
maroon barchetta
spadilly said:

Aggie Therapist said:

Go COOGS

This is where we park when we go down there as well.

Also, thoughts and prayers if you are in the second level. Absolutely no leg room. I'm 6'3" and refuse to sit up there again.

Sitting in some good close orchestra level seats.

I sat in the balcony a LONG time ago. '92 or so. Saw Eric Johnson and Ian Moore. Don't remember anything about the seats being cramped or not.
MAROON
AG
It's almost cheaper to travel to Europe to see the same band vs seeing them in the states. Bonus you get to hang out on Europe on vacation afterwards
WES2006AG
AG
MAROON said:

It's almost cheaper to travel to Europe to see the same band vs seeing them in the states. Bonus you get to hang out on Europe on vacation afterwards
Just booked a trip to London for next summer to see a couple of Springsteen shows. The tickets were a bit cheaper than most of the US dates but I was surprised that there were no fees at the end. The prices TM listed were the actual price. I have a feeling this is due to stronger consumer protections in Europe.
LandArchSA
AG
Coincidentally, last night looked at Tool for the upcoming Austin show. I passed on the pre-sale earlier this year, but lower-level seats on TM are still going for $250+. Hands down my favorite band, and I try to see them every time they come around, but that's crazy.
62strat
AG
WES2006AG said:

MAROON said:

Just booked a trip to London for next summer to see a couple of Springsteen shows. The tickets were a bit cheaper than most of the US dates but I was surprised that there were no fees at the end. The prices TM listed were the actual price. I have a feeling this is due to stronger consumer protections in Europe.
I'm surprised TM hasn't been required to show it with fees included, like what was forced onto the airlines years ago.

Stubhub and others all seem to have a 'show with fees' toggle, but TM doesn't.

Same with marriott.com when booking a hotel, there is a show with fees toggle.
maroon barchetta
Tommy Emmanuel last night at UH Cullen Auditorium

It was excellent. Can't remember the opener's name but he used to play with Allison Krause and he and a bass player did a great job and then joined Tommy for a couple of songs.

Tommy doesn't need a band. He supplies bass and percussion on that acoustic he is beating the hell out of.

The right-hand harmonics he was getting on Somewhere Over The Rainbow are impossible. Except when he plays them.

maroon barchetta
DP
JYDog90
AG
Was it Dan Tyminski?
maroon barchetta
Jerry Douglas
Aggie Therapist
AG
They said **** texas
maroon barchetta
Oh noes!!!

I won't get to hear a bunch of rappers I don't care about!
YouBet
AG
Saw U2 at The Sphere on Saturday. I was not aware Mullins was out but his backup was badass.

And I simply can't believe how much of a badass The Edge is. He's inhuman. What was interesting is how much he sang with Bono. He was very involved on several songs.

Incredible experience.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.