*** The Concert Thread ***

150,189 Views | 1938 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by jh0400
jorgerr96
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Yes ACL Live/Moody. Theater. Favorite venue for me. A/C always on and the place has no bad seat in there imo. I love when bands play there instead of god awful Stubbs
jetch17
AG
Hell yeah - been waiting to see this side project for a while

Another Doug
AG
Saw The Breeders at Stubbs with my daughter , they played Last Splash (one of my favorites 90s albums) from beginning to end and sounded great. During the encore Dave Grohl showed up and played Gigantic (Pixies song) with Kim . Best surprise guest experience I've had.
Scruffy
AG
Saw Morrissey last night (the 40 years tour)
Not my genre, but great show.
He has good vocals and the sound wasn't too loud.
(Pics from when he just came on -explains the lighting)

maroon barchetta
He played the White House?
Scruffy
AG
maroon barchetta said:

He played the White House?

Not quite.
Fisher Center for Performing Arts at Belmot University.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Honoring Jimbo Fisher
Youā€™re not aloneā€”the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You donā€™t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
jorgerr96
Another loss today. I bought Peter Gabriel during presale, sec 119 for $224 after fees ($184 before fees).

Day of show, same section, bunch of rows (some even lower than what I have) is now $79.99 before fees. Lots of seats available all over the lower bowl.

Just tired of seeing shows sell like **** and fans that bought early get screwed over. Next year, for a lot of these has beens with no demand (unlike U2, Metallica) I will just buy day of.
Ol Jock 99
AG
My personal rule for stuff like this: pay the price if you think it is fair, and do not look at the prices again.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I got great floor seats for Gabriel tomorrow night so I haven't checked to see how tickets are selling. Haven't seen him in 20 years so I didn't want to risk not being able to get good seats at a reasonable price. But most club shows I stopped buying in advance. Very few shows seem to sell out anymore.
SoTxAg
AG
I just go to old guy punk shows where presale is just a buck cheaper than day of, so no rush.

Rudyjax
AG
Lacuna Coil at the Granada on Saturday!
Echoes97
AG
jorgerr96 said:

Another loss today. I bought Peter Gabriel during presale, sec 119 for $224 after fees ($184 before fees).

Day of show, same section, bunch of rows (some even lower than what I have) is now $79.99 before fees. Lots of seats available all over the lower bowl.

Just tired of seeing shows sell like **** and fans that bought early get screwed over. Next year, for a lot of these has beens with no demand (unlike U2, Metallica) I will just buy day of.

I'm super irritated with all that too, and certainly hate how they're manipulating things. I thought I would do that for Depeche Mode recently, and F me if tix didn't hold value including day of show! So it's a gamble, but that is the strategy I'll be using in the future for sure.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
jorgerr96
I didn't even go to the concert lol. Saw the setlist, tried selling it for $90, nobody took it, then just said f it, seen better stuff this year anyway
johnnyblaze36
AG
Echoes97 said:

jorgerr96 said:

I'm super irritated with all that too, and certainly hate how they're manipulating things. I thought I would do that for Depeche Mode recently, and F me if tix didn't hold value including day of show! So it's a gamble, but that is the strategy I'll be using in the future for sure.
Was this for Houston? Because I had noticed the same thing for that show. However for the Austin show I went to I just kept checking TM on my way and finally saw the best pair/vaue in the building pop up for $125 well below what they were on sale originally for and swerved into the nearest gas station (don't recommend that move) and pulled the trigger around 5:05 pm.

Toyota Center seems more difficult. I will wait until day of for Austin Tool for sure. First time I caught on to TM's scheme was when I got punished for buying PIT tickets to the Stones at the Cotton Bowl day of onsale for over $700. Then day of show they were $350 less a piece face on the site so I called CS and they informed me of their new supply and demand pricing bs. I told the rep never again and hung up the phone in anger.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Peter Gabriel was amazing. His voice still sounds almost perfect. A couple shaky parts late in the set but it was less that 1% of the 2.5 hour show. Actually was probably even a little longer than that. Three hours from the start to end but there was about a 15-20 minute intermission.
maroon barchetta
This could be interesting.
Know Your Enemy
AG
WTF
Echoes97
Proposition Joe
I mean ultimately you either have to support the TM "supply and demand" pricing or embrace the secondary market. TM and the artists don't want to have inventory just sitting there unsold at prices there is no demand at.
cajunaggie08
AG
The photoshop work on Vai's face is just creepily unnatural
maroon barchetta
He's a vegan. He will live forever.

[/some super fan on the internet somewhere]
StinkyPinky
AG
SoTxAg said:

I just go to old guy punk shows where presale is just a buck cheaper than day of, so no rush.

Greatness! But no Biafra
jorgerr96

Just got my signing ticket. Finally meeting my #1 of all time I've met Kirk, Lars, and Rob, but never James.

Know Your Enemy
AG
You're going to St. Louis for this?
jorgerr96
Going to the last 4 shows (2 St Louis, 2 Detroit). This is in between the 2 St Louis shows so pretty cool to have it in between, altoh imo this is probably the best event of the whole tour. James doesn't sign Metallica memorabilia, haven't been to any of the free M&Gs since 2013 and doesn't go to the $2500+ VIP M&G anymore.

For the cost of $110 I get to say hi to him for a few secs and get the book personally signed. Definitely worth it.
Goldie Wilson
Why doesn't he sign Metallica stuff?
62strat
AG
Goldie Wilson said:

Why doesn't he sign Metallica stuff?
I don't think he's correct on this. he signs plenty of stuff for charity and limited edition stuff in the metstore and such, but he doesn't do M&Gs anymore, which means you aren't getting 'your' stuff signed.

No photo ops on that book signing.. I wouldn't anticipate much of any discussion other than a Hi.

It feels like I've met a few times being in the pit, when he's playing a riff 3' in front of me!

jorgerr96

I guess I should've pointed out on "your" stuff as you are correct. Charity is a go, but your own items are a no go. Last time he did sign personal items was in 2017-2019 when he was still going to the $2500 Hardwired M&G packages. He would only sign 1 (which is what they told buyers) yet Lars would do 2-3.

Know Your Enemy
AG
That makes sense. And to clarify I wasn't criticizing your or mocking you even if you were making the trip to STL solely for this event. I was just curious. With you already being there this makes complete sense to me. I respect the hell out of your dedication as a fan and for you love of music. I can relate.
jorgerr96
oh no definitely didnt take it the wrong way (which is easy to do so on the internet lol). idk if i would fly out for a signing in such late notice. i think the latest would be 1 month.
johnnyblaze36
AG
This got announced today. The inaugural Big As Texas Music and Food Festival in Montgomery County in Conroe. I'm pretty amazed they will be having a three day festival in that area featuring the likes of one Billy Strings, along with Dierks Bentley, Dwight Yoakam, and many others. I'll for sure be there. .

https://bigastexasfest.com/?utm_source=bandsintown&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=takeover

https://www.billboard.com/music/country/thomas-rhett-dierks-bentley-big-as-texas-festival-lineup-1235452872/

62strat
AG
Big as Texas?

Lol I read it as, and think it should be, big Ass Texas.
WES2006AG
AG
Looks like the Eagles are extending their farewell tour and have added a Houston date.
Proposition Joe
The Eagles will still be saying farewell 5 years from now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.