*** The Concert Thread ***

219,226 Views | 2405 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by 62strat
zgood10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Foo Fighters at 713. Incredible.
spadilly
S
Best show I've ever seen. Two and a half hours nonstop (except for the encore).

I told my wife afterwards that I had such high expectations for the show, and they absolutely exceeded them.
BTHOthatguy
AG
Dude 713 is amazing! That full stage show in a small venue!!!

Also something weird my ears aren't ringing much at all. Was plenty loud but not deafening afterwards.

Not sure my knees are up to 2.5 hours of SRO. Great show. Was disappointed their wasn't an acoustic set.
jorgerr96

I am trying to see Foo next year in a solo setting.

ACL was disappointing. Even the OKC show showed signs of slowing down, but ACL was a GNR set by Foo.

Dave can't sing for longer than 10 minutes anymore, so they jam too much now. They play Pretender for 2 minutes then for the next 4 minutes they start playing Van Halen or Enter Sandman for no reason. Then you have the 8 minute long band introductions.

Even in 2019 they weren't that bad.

EDIT: Just noticed they did like 5 more songs in Houston than ACL so they definitely half assed during that boring ACL performance
Jim01
AG
Houston show was awesome!!!

Dave sounded great. I was amazed at how he can scream for 2+ hours and still sound great. And I actually like the random covers and band intros. It's part of why people love Foo, because they are fun and have a sense of humor.

I was about 25 yds back and dead center. What a night! It was tough standing there for almost 4 hours but totally worth it.
WES2006AG
AG
Show was fantastic last night. Great energy and was very impressed with how good Dave sounded.
cajunaggie08
AG
BTHOthatguy said:

Also something weird my ears aren't ringing much at all. Was plenty loud but not deafening afterwards.

I noticed that during the show that the volume just wasnt as loud as other shows I've been to. I don't know if thats a 713 thing or the Foo's sound guy turned it down a little. At first it bothered me that I wasn't "feeling" the sound like normal but my ears are thanking me for not killing what few surviving ear hair cells I have left.
maroon barchetta
There are multiple males and models of hearing protection that allow you to continue to hear the mix well while also attenuating the decibels down to an acceptable level.

Save those ears and their inner workings for more concerts in the future!
spadilly
S
I thought the same thing, but we were on the 2nd level side, so I just assumed at the time that the sound wasn't pointed directly at our location.
I've seen Jimmy Eat World twice at 713 and both of those shows were much louder.
KidDoc
AG
Yeah you guys need to get some eargasms. Protect your hearing so you can rock on longer!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
Next concert event-- The SANDS!

If you have the means and like Gen X music I highly recommend this yearly event.

ALL-INCLUSIVE GEN X CANCUN VACATION! The Sands.rocks

Pat Benatar
Great White
Queensryche
Dee Snider
Night Ranger

several more!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jim01
AG
I loved the levels last night. It was plenty lout without being over the top. I was at the Dashboard Confessional/Jimmy Eat World show and remember thinking JEW was overly loud.
cajunaggie08
AG
I was in the 3rd level seating and I assumed the speakers just happened to be more pointed at the floor as well. In the end it was fine. Just was a little odd.
Rudyjax
AG
Nice shirt!
jwall09
The show last night was fantastic! The whole band sounded great. They had the GA Floor packed in pretty tight but seeing them in a venue that size was awesome, especially on the heels of a US stadium tour announcement.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Got tickets for Tool in Dallas. I've been listening to Elder for the past few days and am pretty excited about them opening. My two oldest kids will be coming with...a little surprised that my wife green lit the 12 year old daughter, but she's excited.
cc10106
Good to see several TINLTL songs on the set, particularly Aurora, since it's probably my favorite Foos album.
cc10106
maroon barchetta said:

There are multiple males and models of hearing protection that allow you to continue to hear the mix well while also attenuating the decibels down to an acceptable level.

Save those ears and their inner workings for more concerts in the future!
I've enjoyed these and found them to be worth the price:
https://www.amazon.com/Loop-Experience-Pro-Earplugs-Accessories/dp/B0968HW8GY/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3IKE1OKG53X3B&keywords=loop%2Bexperience%2Bplus&qid=1697053249&sprefix=loop%2Bexperience%2Bplus%2Caps%2C106&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&th=1

I actually forgot to bring them to a small venue show Monday night and quickly regretted it.
cc10106
Elder is dope for sure.
Know Your Enemy
AG
cc10106 said:

Good to see several TINLTL songs on the set, particularly Aurora, since it's probably my favorite Foos album.

Easily my favorite Foo album. I'd love to hear Ain't It The Life live.
62strat
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Got tickets for Tool in Dallas. I've been listening to Elder for the past few days and am pretty excited about them opening. My two oldest kids will be coming with...a little surprised that my wife green lit the 12 year old daughter, but she's excited.
you have a presale code ?
Ol Jock 99
AG
Yes, but they are individual and one-time use.
62strat
AG
Ol Jock 99 said:

Yes, but they are individual and one-time use.
oh is that a TA one?
I saw some other options like live nation presale and such.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Correct, TA.

I will say tickets appear quite a bit more expensive than they were in 2022.
62strat
AG
I regret not going to Loveland show a few weeks ago. That venue is like 7k all in, so probably only 5k-6k with end stage setup. Half that of the nba arenas. I didn't think about venue size at all when I saw the tour dates.

That arena is only a single level.

SMH.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Polyphia tickets purchased for November 3rd at the Boeing Center in San Antonio.

Has anyone ever been to that venue? Looks pretty intimate, which I'm enjoying right now.

You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
LandArchSA
AG
Warning: long post no one asked for and is several days late. Unsolicited thoughts of ACL W1 from a close to 50 GenX-er. I would say I'm too old for this stuff but I'll probably be there again next year.

As expected:
Revivalists, Mumford & Sons - both solid shows and M&S with a few surprise guests

Comedically short:
Kendrick Lamar - my kids waited close to 2 hours to watch 25 minutes...but KL came with some heat for the short time he was on

Disappointing:
Lumineers I generally like them but almost fell asleep during this set.

Blast from the past:
Alanis, Breeders - great sets and a little nostalgia for the wife and I

Award for best show my daughter dragged me to:
Noah Kahan - I believe she said she'd "die" if she didn't see him. Surprisingly engaging set, great crowd interaction. I was by far the oldest person there from what I could tell.

New bands added to my list:
Bass Drum of Death, Sunrose - Sunrose especially. Gave me AIC vibes and were great live.

Finally got to see live and #1 on my wife's list:
Foo Fighters - high energy, lots of what I wanted to hear. Don't know how they do that every night. Love Josh Freese. Sounds like it didn't compare to the Houston show but I was happy nonetheless.

WTF did I just watch:
Death Grips - top of my son's list so I went too. Stood at the rail off to the side. He got in the middle and came back with no shirt and a few war wounds. Not sure who else has seen them but JFC. It was like one continuous Ministry/Rage/(insert punk band) song for a solid hour. They walked on stage, started playing, never said a word in between songs. Just a wall of sound. Loved it. Reminded me of some wild shows when I was younger. If you're going W2 you have to watch for at least 5 minutes just for the entertainment value.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Janelle Monae blew my head off last night in Austin. Went in with mid expectations and really just along for the ride to take this girl out on a first date.

Good lord that woman is incredible as was the whole band and atmosphere in general. People are paying thousands of dollars to see Taylor Swift when Janelle is 90 bucks in the PIT and 1,000 times the artist? Upside down world.
Aggie Therapist
AG
Nah, I love me some Taylor.

I'm sure your concert was great but no need to hate.

Where was the concert at if you don't mind me asking? New to the area.
You’re not alone—the Veterans Crisis Line is here for you. You don’t have to be enrolled in VA benefits or health care to call.

Dial 988 Press 1
johnnyblaze36
AG
Aggie Therapist said:

Nah, I love me some Taylor.

I'm sure your concert was great but no need to hate.

Where was the concert at if you don't mind me asking? New to the area.
Hahah you're right. No need to hate. Just watching Chiefs games lately have been driving me up the wall.

It was at the outdoor Moody Amphitheatre. I'd only been there once for Billy Strings April 2022 and it was incredible. No idea why I haven't been back there until last night. Has to be the best venue in Austin imo.

Mid sized (not near as large as the Woodlands or Starplex), good seating options, large PIT area, and a small back lawn. Easy concessions and the surrounding Austin skyline is nice.

Check their calendar and go see a show there when you can. Nickel Creek is playing there on Saturday. I've seen them and they were really good if you're into strings/bluegrass music.

When it opened last year Jack White played there followed by Ween the next day. How I missed that is beyond me. Please report back if you see a show there!
Rudyjax
AG
I had to look her up and noped out of her most popular song.

Aggie Therapist
AG
Thanks for the review. I'll try to see a show there this fall. This weather is amazing now. I have been to the moody theatre and the Long Center. Great spots.

I feel you on the Taylor Takeover. Travis Kelce already said the media is out of control. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

I just saw this image and thought: 6 new songs minimum. (No, I don't follow The Swift Society)

johnnyblaze36
AG
Rudyjax said:

I had to look her up and noped out of her most popular song.

Which one? Can't necessarily say I blame you whichever one it is. She's not someone I'll listen to regularly and her newest album is pretty trashy for sure. But her voice and stage presence and choreogrpahy is a whole different story.

I only discovered her originally a decade ago from this, which I still love:

jorgerr96

can't pass a free FF show at the best indoor theater in Texas
Aggie Therapist
AG
Is this the one with the Willie Nelson statue and the staircase at the front. That is a damn good theater

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.