*** The Concert Thread ***

219,118 Views | 2405 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by 62strat
Echoes97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hey dude, I couldn't find any Pantera shirts in my trips around the stadium last night sorry! All Metallica from what I saw. Bummer.
Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net
BG Knocc Out
Echoes97 said:

Hey dude, I couldn't find any Pantera shirts in my trips around the stadium last night sorry! All Metallica from what I saw. Bummer.

No worries brah! I appreciate it regardless and hope it was a great show. Kind of thought that might be the case when paired up with Metallica.
62strat
AG
BG Knocc Out said:

Incredible pics. Saw a clip of Pantera from last night on Instagram and Phil didn't sound the best. Hope it was a case of the video just not doing the real sound justice, but he looked and sounded a little rough and I was wondering if he might be a little zapped from the outdoor Houston concert. His vocals were much better than I expected thurs night.

Im 42 and I could probably use a day or two of rest after a hot show like that, and he's a 55 year old who has had major back surgery.
i consider myself an honest critic and I thought he sounded impressive given his age and what he's doing vocally.
DannyDuberstein
AG
He automatically gets points for still being alive
BG Knocc Out
DannyDuberstein said:

He automatically gets points for still being alive

Ha yep.
jorgerr96
2 out of 8 done of Metallica for me with Dallas. I have to say, I do not like this tour.

Unlike Hardwired, these new songs don't do anything for the people. Death Magnetic had strong radio hits (Day That Never comes, All Nightmare Long), Hardwired Stadium tour started with 2 great songs every night along with Moth Into Flame (performed at the Grammys with Gaga), Halo on Fire, and Now That We're Dead ... this time, the 72 Seasons song is where people sit down and go to get drinks. Even during Dirty Window people didn't care.

The stage is horrible. I did not talk to a single person that liked it. Rail is useless. You only get to see them maybe 3-4 songs at most, as they move around a lot but they tend to stick around to where Lars is. Openers move a bit more (Except Mammoth WVH as I never saw him since I was in the opposite side).

Scalpers are making good money tho as the pop up poster was sold out early every day (I got there at 730 am on sunday and was 40th in line) and the ones at the show are long gone unless you get a VIP early entry.

Can't comment on the Snake Pit as I haven't been in there but will see. I did 5 SP on the previous stage and loved it but I hear this new one is great when the band is in front of you.
62strat
AG
jorgerr96 said:

2 out of 8 done of Metallica for me with Dallas. I have to say, I do not like this tour.

Unlike Hardwired, these new songs don't do anything for the people. Death Magnetic had strong radio hits (Day That Never comes, All Nightmare Long), Hardwired Stadium tour started with 2 great songs every night along with Moth Into Flame (performed at the Grammys with Gaga), Halo on Fire, and Now That We're Dead ... this time, the 72 Seasons song is where people sit down and go to get drinks. Even during Dirty Window people didn't care.

The stage is horrible. I did not talk to a single person that liked it. Rail is useless. You only get to see them maybe 3-4 songs at most, as they move around a lot but they tend to stick around to where Lars is. Openers move a bit more (Except Mammoth WVH as I never saw him since I was in the opposite side).

Scalpers are making good money tho as the pop up poster was sold out early every day (I got there at 730 am on sunday and was 40th in line) and the ones at the show are long gone unless you get a VIP early entry.

Can't comment on the Snake Pit as I haven't been in there but will see. I did 5 SP on the previous stage and loved it but I hear this new one is great when the band is in front of you.
I'm with you on almost all points.

I had lower level bowl for night 2 one section off of the center field sections, 4th row, and dead center of my view was a tower structure. Totally blocked the view of a band member when they were closest to me, since the tower was there. On the third kit spot, I couldn't see lars at all.

Night 1, we were in pit, and yes it's amazing experience to have one of the boys be 3' in front of you like this

But as you can guess, it was few and far between. A good chunk of the time, there was always at least one member I couldn't see at all.

snake pit on worldwide tour was infinitely better, as it was a cat walk, and 1/4 of the size. when they weren't on the catwalk, you could still easily see them on the main stage.

The circle stage would work it if was about 1/4 of the size. Make it look like a ringed cross with lars in the middle. Make it 40' across instead of nearly 100' and have 100 people instead of 500+

I disagree on the new songs though, placement was weird for sure, but I think they sounded great and everyone around me was yelling those choruses.

The view from 4th row lower level. It should have never even been a consideration to have a restricted view like this on lower level in my opinion.
jorgerr96
Section 100-300 in the middle is the spot imo. That way you get a whole view of the stage.

Sunday I said screw rail and was going to just follow along Lars every 4 songs, but moving around is hard because you can't really go around the towers since the Lux Eterna platforms are there, so you have to go in front of them which is the crowded area. I eventually gave up and just stayed in the floor area below the Ford section
Proposition Joe
Was it marked as restricted view?

I have a hunch that since Seatgeek's main client is Cowboys/football, they probably do a very poor job of denoting restricted/obstructed view seats.
62strat
AG
Proposition Joe said:

Was it marked as restricted view?

I have a hunch that since Seatgeek's main client is Cowboys/football, they probably do a very poor job of denoting restricted/obstructed view seats.
no. I doubt they even knew.

The platforms were easily the best views in the house. $5k for 8, really not that bad
Hagen95
AG
My wife read an article that Metallica hit the town Saturday night and went to deep ellum to watch two of their kids playing in bands.
Phrasing
AG
Hagen95 said:

My wife read an article that Metallica hit the town Saturday night and went to deep ellum to watch two of their kids playing in bands.
What? That's awesome! We drove to Deep Ellum that night, not really knowing what the scene was (from Houston and have just heard it's cool). We had our 11 year old with us so we opted to go back and eat at the hotel. It was packed there!
goadius6
AG
Phrasing said:

Hagen95 said:

What? That's awesome! We drove to Deep Ellum that night, not really knowing what the scene was (from Houston and have just heard it's cool). We had our 11 year old with us so we opted to go back and eat at the hotel. It was packed there!
Probably a good decision. Deep Ellum late at night has become pretty unsafe.
jorgerr96

https://instagr.am/p/CwShuHwRkYG

Went to see Beck and Phoenix. I bought my ticket in December, paid $180 after fees. This tour has done pretty bad prices were lowered, GA was $70, probably looking at $95ish after fees ... getting tired of getting screwed when buying early.

Show was great. This was at the Moody Center, so indoors unlike the Dallas and Houston shows, but very early gate time. Doors at 5 and first act at 5:45, and it felt like they played to maybe 40 people in the arena. Phoenix great as usual, talked about how every time they come to ACL they only get asked to play one weekend and they want to do two to spend a week in Austin lol. Beck had a different band I feel, all the guys that were with him in the studio for some of his big albums like Sea Change, the drummer had a killer kit.
Ronnie Woodard
AG
My turn for Ghost and Amon Amarth tonight. Both sets absolutely crushed it. Great time.

jorgerr96
Metallica SoFi poster hunt was a fial. I got at noon to SoFi yesterday and the merch truck that opens at 2 pm only had 42 posters, then inside it was the same story, very hard to find the booths selling the posters. First time since like 2017 where I failed at getting a show poster :/
h1ag
AG
Smashing Pumpkins at Bank of NH pavilion with Rival Sons and Interpol last night.

Only caught the end of rival sons but they were pretty great. I'll be checking out more of their stuff.

Interpol was a really good AV production, but it wasn't really my kind of music. It was like someone asked chatgpt to make a sterile, kind of numbing Killers concert. Interesting but I probably won't seek them out again.

SP were definitely the main attraction, and they were awesome. The band was weird as hell, and they flowed really well between the super heavy stuff and their pop ballads. Tons of personality compared to Interpol. At one point between songs, Billy was hyping his wrestling promo, and he stopped to say "1000 people just stopped and asked themselves 'wait, the vampire guy owns a wrestling company?!'"

The hits were all on point. Cherub Rock into Zero to close out was pretty wild. It was mostly Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie with some of their new album added in. Set list for the tour seems pretty set and they didn't vary from what I saw on setlist.
goadius6
AG
Got back yesterday from My Morning Jacket 2 night run at Red Rocks. Incredible performances both nights, these guys are at the top of their game 20+years later. It's incredible to see after nearly breaking up in 2019. Extremely varied set lists, extended jams on songs, and you can tell they're having the time of their lives on stage.
Night 1 was an It Still Moves 20 year anniversary show where they played the whole album front to back set 1 and set 2 was a great mixed up set list of newer songs and old deep cuts.

Night 2 was banger after banger, only slowed down for 3ish acoustic songs including cover of The Wind by Cat Stevens, also covered Joe Cocker's 'Feelin' Alright' with special appearance by Nathaniel Rateliff that blew the roof off the place.

M. Ward opened both nights and showed up in multiple songs with Jacket each night as well.

N2 encore was their epic 25 minute song Cobra that segued in and out of other high energy songs throughout.
62strat
AG
Forgot to post a video or two. I need to upload some more.

Mr Wylde ripping up A New Level solo in front of me.

62strat
AG
A little sad but true action.. James and the energy of the intro.

62strat
AG
jorgerr96 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CwShuHwRkYG

wow, for the first time, Beck actually looks old lol.
jorgerr96

I was able to get a Metallica poster on sunday by showing up at 9 AM for the merch truck (opened at 2 pm). Inside as I was rushing to the floor I noticed the merch booth already had a long line, but with cops, venue staff, security ... no fans.

Turns out they all bought the majority of the posters, over the fans that paid hundreds for VIP early entry packages. Many missed out.

VIP Company "Superfan" is now looking into it as they've received many complaints, will likely prevent this at future shows. This didn't happen in Arlington or Night 1 LA, just night 2.

StinkyPinky
AG
Dang, that's shtty
Know Your Enemy
AG
I saw a pic of a cop with 4-5 poster tubes in a bag from Night 2 at SoFi.
cc10106
Just print more. Problem solved.
Know Your Enemy
AG
cc10106 said:

If they do that the posters lose their value and don't sell. The cops aren't buying them because they love Metallica. They are trying to flip them for a profit.
62strat
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

cc10106 said:

If they do that the posters lose their value and don't sell. The cops aren't buying them because they love Metallica. They are trying to flip them for a profit.
which means, if metallica printed more, it would solve the problem...
Know Your Enemy
AG
62strat said:

Know Your Enemy said:

cc10106 said:

which means, if metallica printed more, it would solve the problem...

Not really. Then they get stuck with excess posters.
62strat
AG
I don't think they'd have any problem selling posters, people clearly want them. They have an entire online store which is normal to have inventory.

They could add $5 to the cost of every ticket and just print 50k of them to give away. My MTF show ticket came with a poster.
Know Your Enemy
AG
$5? Lol.
62strat
AG
Know Your Enemy said:

$5? Lol.
Lol.
Know Your Enemy
AG

Rumor is she wanted to hear Spit Out The Bone.
maroon barchetta
Seek A Chew Toy!!!
Counterpoint
AG
Veterinarian... Leave...me...be!
62strat
AG
Dogbonebreath!
Wherever is my bone
Eye of the boneholder
Frayed ends of my chew toy
For whom the bone tolls

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.