*** The Concert Thread ***

151,039 Views | 1944 Replies | Last: 15 hrs ago by Iraq2xVeteran
spadilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I saw that this morning and my first thought was "that's probably going to interfere with watching the Astros in the World Series."
62strat
AG
Jim01 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CqSqZ4ku7xG

The wife and I will definitely be hitting up the Houston date.
this sounded cool.. then I looked up the venues. A solo acoustic tour in arenas?

No thanks lol.

Something like this is screaming for theaters. What a shame.
maroon barchetta
It worked for Ed Sheeran

And back in the day, John Denver
Jim01
AG
And another Houston show announced. I just wish the lineup was flipped. OLP is one of my all time bands. Was really hoping for a headlining show for them. Bush is a very "meh" 90s rock band for me. Glad it's ay Bayou though. My concert list is getting long this year!

jetch17
AG
I haven't even kept up with the current lineup of OLP. Any regulars still around, or is it just Raine and a bunch of new guys?

My wife and I were just talking yesterday about when we went to the the spiritual machines show all those years ago and how we hadn't listed to that album in a while
Jim01
AG
Raine and Duncan are still there.

Steve, the guitar player, has been with them since Gravity, so almost 20 years.

The drummer has only been the last couple albums.

I was at that Spiritual Machines show! Last headlining gig I think they had was playing HOB a long while back. They've been on a couple BuzzFest lineups since then but I ain't braving that just to see them.

Last year they came out with Spiritual Machines II which is probably their best album in years. It's good.
jetch17
AG
Jim01 said:

Raine and Duncan are still there.

Steve, the guitar player, has been with them since Gravity, so almost 20 years.

The drummer has only been the last couple albums.

I was at that Spiritual Machines show! Last headlining gig I think they had was playing HOB a long while back. They've been on a couple BuzzFest lineups since then but I ain't braving that just to see them.

Last year they came out with Spiritual Machines II which is probably their best album in years. It's good.
Yeah we were at that HOB show too - that was the last time ive seen em. We always joke that was our daughters first concert since we found out we were expecting the next day.
Jim01
AG
I remember I got to go to the sound check for that HOB show after winning passes off the Clumsy Monkey fan site.

I have pictures somewhere. All the guys were extremely nice and got cd autographed.
jetch17
AG
Jim01 said:

I remember I got to go to the sound check for that HOB show after winning passes off the Clumsy Monkey fan site.

I have pictures somewhere. All the guys were extremely nice and got cd autographed.

Yep we fly the uncle Charlie poster in the home office for that one

AustinAg2K
Before anyone complains, this is definitely a humble brag.

A good friend of mine has a suite at Cowboy Stadium, and he just invited my family and me to join him for Taylor Swift this weekend so he doesn't have to be the only guy. She's not usually on my playlist, but I do like her older, more folky stuff, so I'm kind of excited. The wife and daughter are ecstatic. At first my son didn't want to go, but now that he's hearing about what a big deal there concert is, he's deciding that maybe he'll go... You know, because everyone else wants to go. Not because he likes Taylor Swift...

Anyways, it's cool to see the girls get super excited about it... It's making me kind of excited, too.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Con I be your good friend's friend for the Billy Joel/Stevie Nicks and Metallica shows? I promise I'll behave.
Diggity
AG
That's pretty badass. Your wife and kids will have a blast.

My wife is taking my daughter to the Houston concert for her first concert. She hasn't stopped talking about it since Christmas.
Jim01
AG
Well this sucks. As soon as I got my presale code I bought a GA ticket for Bush/OLP @ Bayou, only to be reminded an hour later that I'll be in Boston that week for work.

If anyone needs a GA ticket looks like I have one to get rid of.

Damn! I've travelled for work maybe 6-7 times in 16 years with the company. Bad timing!
62strat
AG
Jim01 said:

Well this sucks. As soon as I got my presale code I bought a GA ticket for Bush/OLP @ Bayou, only to be reminded an hour later that I'll be in Boston that week for work.

If anyone needs a GA ticket looks like I have one to get rid of.

Damn! I've travelled for work maybe 6-7 times in 16 years with the company. Bad timing!
I thought I just did a similar thing; our neighbor came over sunday and we were trying to pick a few weekends to go camping. We picked a weekend in august.

A few hours later, I see in my phone Metallica Dallas in august, I had the oh **** moment.

Luckily we picked the weekend after!
jorgerr96

I told myself last year I was going to go light but doesn't seem like the case. This is what I have tickets for:

[ol]
  • 03/31 Weyes Blood Stubbs
  • 04/02 Morgan Wade Scoot Inn
  • 04/04 Joshua Bassett Emo's
  • 04/14 M83 Stubbs
  • 04/16 Stephen Sanchez Scoot Inn
  • 04/25 Kali Uchis Moody Amphitheater
  • 04/26 Muna Stubbs
  • 04/28 Adrian Quesada Antone's
  • 04/29 Jamie Cullum Scoot Inn
  • 05/05-05/07 Shaky Knees Atlanta 2023
  • 05/05 The Mars Volta Masquerade Atlanta
  • 05/06 The Walkmen Terminal West Atlanta
  • 05/08 Lizzy McAlpine ACL Live
  • 05/09 Lovejoy Scoot Inn
  • 05/10 The Cure NOLA
  • May 11 - May 15 Kilby Block Party 2023
  • 05/27 Sisters of Mercy ACL Live
  • 06/08 Weezer Germania Amphitheater
  • 06/14 Les Claypool Moody Amphitheater
  • 06/17 Los Amigos Invisibles Antone's
  • 06/18 Garbage/Noel Gallagher Germania Amphitheater
  • 06/22 Citizen Stubbs
  • 06/25 Pixies Moody Amphitheater
  • 06/26 The Smile ACL Live
  • 07/07 Blink 182 Moody Center
  • 07/09 Paramore Moody Center
  • 07/13 Sparks ACL Live
  • 07/26 Yellowcard Stubbs
  • 08/09 Taylor Swift SoFi Stadium LA
  • 08/11 The Offspring Germania
  • 08/18 Metallica AT&T Stadium Arlington
  • 08/20 Metallica AT&T Stadium Arlington
  • 08/22 Beck and Phoenix Moody Center
  • 08/25 Metallica SoFi Stadium LA
  • 08/27 Metallica SoFi Stadium LA
  • 09/03 Ghost Germania Amphitheater
  • 09/22 Madonna Moody Center
  • 09/24 Rob Zombie Phoenix
  • 09/29 Depeche Mode Austin
  • 09/30 Postal Service/Death Cab Germania Amphitheater
  • 10/01 Rebelde Moody Center
  • 10/04 Maisie Peters Emo's
  • 10/18 Peter Gabriel Moody Center
  • 10/23 Nick Cave ACL Live
  • 11/03 Metallica Dome St. Louis
  • 11/05 Metallica Dome St. Louis
  • 11/10 Metallica Ford Field Detroit
  • 11/12 Metallica Ford Field Detroit
  • 12/02 Besame Mucho Dodger Stadium
  • [/ol]
    Might add that new Power Trip festival but that would mean I will sell my ACL Weekend 1 pass and go Weekend 2 only. I do want to score Arctic Monkeys here in Austin and both Red Rocks shows so if I can find a great ticket on the lower reserved seats I will take it (was willing to pay platinum when tickets came out but AXS won't sell you a single seat, they only sell in two).I do expect more shows to get announced for the rest of the summer/fall so that will be fun lol. I will say remote work has saved me a ton of pto as I still have 38 days (in sick and vacation) and accrue an additional 1.5 every month
    spadilly
    LandArchSA
    AG
    I want to be jorgerr96 when I grow up
    Another Doug
    AG
    I called in a favor and got a friends and family code* to Taylor Swift in Houston , the undying love my wife and kid have for me is safe for another few months.

*the code only works once
    maroon barchetta
    Know Your Enemy
    AG
    Got tickets for Smashing Pumpkins with Rival Sons, Gov't Mule with Jason Bonham, and Peter Gabriel. Will probably get tickets for Les Claypool's Frog Brigade and Metallica too.
    BenFiasco14
    AG
    I thought I was an avid concert goer but you deserve the crown. Think you dropped this!
    CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
    Proposition Joe
    I originally wasn't very interested in the Pumpkins (saw them a few years back at AAC and thought it was a great trip down memory lane, but not a big enough fan to see them twice in a few years)... but support acts of Interpol and Rival Sons is pretty damn strong.

But then remembered it's Dos Equis in the middle of August.
    62strat
    AG
    I haven't even heard of half that list lol.

I may have hit 50 concerts a few times in my 20s. I used to have them all in excel, but lost that file years ago.

Still have all the stubs though! Wish I didn't have to pay a $15 service fee for stubs now
    Know Your Enemy
    AG
    I've never seen the Pumpkins before and I am looking forward to it but if Rival Sons wasn't on the bill I probably wouldn't be going.
    Old School Brother
    BenFiasco14 said:

I thought I was an avid concert goer but you deserve the crown. Think you dropped this!
    The amount he's paying in ticketmaster fees for all of the Metallica shows could fund my concert going for the year.
    BenFiasco14
    AG
    LandArchSA said:

I want to be jorgerr96 when I grow up

Start listening to a LOT of Metallica, and I mean, A LOT.
    CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
    62strat
    AG
    Old School Brother said:

BenFiasco14 said:

The amount he's paying in ticketmaster fees for all of the Metallica shows could fund my concert going for the year.
    The fees for a single ticket (lower level) to a pair of metallica shows is $98. Cheaper for upper level of course.

x 4 = ~$400.

62strat
    AG

Man.. that's a great set of headliners for hard rock fans.

These festivals are pricey though. $600+ just to get in, then flights, hotel, etc etc. That's ~$1500 for even a budget consumer.

Then I see.. oh you can camp in your RV!! That would be much cheaper... the price? Like $1500.

I remember gawking at voodoo fest tickets when I went in 02/03.. I think it was $150 for the weekend!
    Old School Brother
    62strat said:

Old School Brother said:

BenFiasco14 said:

The fees for a single ticket (lower level) to a pair of metallica shows is $98. Cheaper for upper level of course.

x 4 = ~$400.

My point exactly.
    KidDoc
    AG
    62strat said:

Man.. that's a great set of headliners for hard rock fans.

These festivals are pricey though. $600+ just to get in, then flights, hotel, etc etc. That's ~$1500 for even a budget consumer.

Then I see.. oh you can camp in your RV!! That would be much cheaper... the price? Like $1500.

I remember gawking at voodoo fest tickets when I went in 02/03.. I think it was $150 for the weekend!
    Thanks for posting it and it just popped up on my Iron Maiden Facebook.

Wowsa I may have to bite the bullet and go to this even though I claim to be too damn old @ 50 for multi day music festivals.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
    maroon barchetta
    Is it mostly GA tickets?
    62strat
    AG
    maroon barchetta said:

Is it mostly GA tickets?

KidDoc
    AG
    maroon barchetta said:

Is it mostly GA tickets?
    If you go to the website there are hotel packages + tickets as well that go on sale 4/4. I'm eyeballing floor tier 2 + hotel running 5-6k for two people.

Lotsa cash but wow this is right in my zone for music.

The VIP stuff looks really lame to me, just bunch of merch.
    No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
    jorgerr96
    Iron Maiden should be touring next year, AC/DC had their tour planned in 2020 so who knows if they rebook, Metallica on tour in the US this and next year, GNR on tour this fall as well (last year PIT prices for Detroit and Chicago fell to $50 due to low sales day of), Ozzy is possibly not touring ever again and just doing these one offs so he's a good one to see and Tool I am not really familiar with but know their fanbase is rabid. But I strongly believe that if you were to go all the way to Indio for this, PIT is the way to go, that $600 GA is definitely a cheap option but you will only see the screens from a mile away.

It's similar to justify the $1600 like with Desert Trip where at Desert a PIT for a Stones show in the US 2019/2021 tour was $450 (before fees), Paul McCartney does seated floor for his shows so a floor can range (I did score floor at Globe Life 2019 for under $280), Roger Waters was $375ish after fees for front row last year, The Who sell their front rows as a VIP but you can score a floor for $300-400 range. No idea on Dylan or Neil Young.

To me it seems more of a novelty thing, to be able to say you were there, as being reallistic I don't think Danny Wimmer has the money to book 3 out of those 6 bands at the same festival and C3 only books 1 legacy headliner nowadays.

My plan is to book a Southwest flight to LAX, that way if PIT resale drops like Desert Trip did, I may be able to pull it off. For Coachella I took the LAX 3.5 hr shuttle and I camped on-site. But if prices never dip I still have that ACL Weekend 1 wristband to use and Southwest credit that I could just use for something else.
    62strat
    AG
    Little bit of overlap with Power Trip. Aftershock started at $359... ~half of power trip.

https://aftershockfestival.com/lineup/

Sleep Token on the bill.. keeping an eye on them.

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.