*** The Concert Thread ***

219,341 Views | 2405 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by 62strat
62strat
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I saw muse at Cullen Hall on UH campus.. one of the more memorable shows I've been to. I was in love with absolution, and got to see a good chunk of it. They even played a few songs that ended up on black holes, over a year later.

Apocalypse Please
Hysteria
Assassin
New Born
Citizen Erased
Ruled by Secrecy
Butterflies & Hurricanes
Exo-Politics
Thoughts of a Dying Atheist
Bliss
Time Is Running Out
Plug In Baby

Encore:
The Small Print
Stockholm Syndrome

They fell off my radar big time after the resistance. Something about new muse just doesn't hit me like the first 3-4 albums.
Jim01
AG
Agree, their early work is where it's add. I still remember seeing "Muscle Museum" on 120 minutes when it first came out and grabbing the cd. Still one of their best songs IMHO.
maroon barchetta
How is Cullen Auditorium as a venue? Tommy Emmanuel is scheduled for Dec. 1 and they have a pre-sale tomorrow.

I saw Eric Johnson on the UH campus in the early or mid-90's but don't remember if Cullen Auditorium was the venue at the time. Whatever it was turned out fine then.

Alternatively, how is The Majestic in Dallas?
62strat
AG
maroon barchetta said:

How is Cullen Auditorium as a venue? Tommy Emmanuel is scheduled for Dec. 1 and they have a pre-sale tomorrow.

I saw Eric Johnson on the UH campus in the early or mid-90's but don't remember if Cullen Auditorium was the venue at the time. Whatever it was turned out fine then.

I only saw muse there. Imagine a band ripe for a stadium playing at Cullen…

I remember the sound was great, we were mezz center, so a Great view. Just a few thousand I think?
johnnyblaze36
AG
maroon barchetta said:

I saw Ben Harper and the Innocent Criminals 5th row at The Majestic many years ago. Fantastic venue.
spadilly
S
Cullen is great if you are in the first level. The second level has absolutely no legroom. I'm 6'3" and it's the most uncomfortable venue I've ever been to.
maroon barchetta
Noted
maroon barchetta
Good to hear. I'll keep it in mind.
goadius6
AG
Anyone going to Bob Weir and Wolf Bros next week at Majestic in Dallas? Still looking for tickets but pretty sure im gonna go
jorgerr96

Muse was fantastic. Citizen Erased finally!

https://instagr.am/p/CpP7D_vuEjt
maroon barchetta
What is that pad behind his bridge?

jorgerr96

No gear expert here but I think its called KAOSS or something like that. He uses it for Supermassive Black Hole. Chris uses something similar on his bass for Madness.
Based Hiker
As a 52 year old red dirt fan who is more comfortable in a local dive bar or at a Cody Jinks concert, I have to say that the Muse concert was pretty impressive. First time seeing them and I am only familiar with two of their songs, but it was a good show. Lots of theatrics.
Another Doug
AG
Violent Femmes at White Oak in Houston tickets go on sale today for a 5/17 show. They are playing their first album stuff on this tour (its the 40th anniversary)
maroon barchetta
Tommy Emmanuell pre-sale in 35 minutes. Think I'll give it a go.
KidDoc
AG
Another Doug said:

Violent Femmes at White Oak in Houston tickets go on sale today for a 5/17 show. They are playing their first album stuff on this tour (its the 40th anniversary)
argh on a Wednesday night! Bummer!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
KidDoc
AG
Heading out on our first ever 80s cruise out of LA Thursday! I'm pumped!

Lineup - The 80s Cruise
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
WES2006AG
AG
Looks like Bright Eyes is going to give it another go at White Oak after not being able to get through 2 songs before walking off a few months ago.

Feel like a sucker for giving them another chance but its not like they tour every year.
maroon barchetta
That looks like a fun lineup!

Some of those Vixen members look younger than I recall.

Please tell Downtown Julie Brown I said "Doodle Doodle Dee, Wubba Wubba Wubba"

She will know.
maroon barchetta
Why do both the Ticketmaster and Live Nation apps keep sending me to the UH Cullen Auditorium page when I try to see presale tickets?
62strat
AG
maroon barchetta said:

What is that pad behind his bridge?

maroon barchetta
maroon barchetta said:

Why do both the Ticketmaster and Live Nation apps keep sending me to the UH Cullen Auditorium page when I try to see presale tickets?

Had to call UH ticket office.

You have to go to the "PROMOTIONS" page and enter the promo code. Nowhere does it tell you to do this. Not a very intuitive website.

Got a couple of tickets for Tommy Emmanuel. He's a master. Should be a good show.
maroon barchetta
Thanks. Never seen that before.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Not sure why but Billy Strings just added to his IG story 30 minutes ago a picture of Tommy Emmanuel. Either he was just listening to him or will be sitting in with him somewhere.
maroon barchetta
That would be something to see.

Tommy is so good.
rononeill
what time did muse take the stage? trying to see if i could make it after my daughter's softball practice...
62strat
AG
rononeill said:

what time did muse take the stage? trying to see if i could make it after my daughter's softball practice...
setlist.fm indicates 9:10-9:15
62strat
AG
Man if citizen erased stays on that setlist, I may jump in that denver show in a month.

Get in the building for $50 after fees, then go find a lower level seat. Tons of unsold seats still.

NMAlamoAggie
AG
Britain's Finest (Beatles Coverband) - March 4 - El Paso
Hoobastank - April 22 - El Paso
spadilly
S
The free Houston final four concerts at Discovery Green were just announced:

Lil Nas X
Maggie Rogers
Mickey Guyton
Little Big Town
Keith Urban
Tim McGraw

Disappointing.
jorgerr96

Was able to get pit for Weezer and Postal Service/Death Cab today. KISS announced their final Texas show in October but that's during the weekend I go to Orlando every fall. Interested to see if they change the setlist a bit for their "final" shows
maroon barchetta
spadilly said:

The free Houston final four concerts at Discovery Green were just announced:

Lil Nas X
Maggie Rogers
Mickey Guyton
Little Big Town
Keith Urban
Tim McGraw

Disappointing.

You should ask for a refund.
Txmoe
AG
Saw the Turnpike Troubadours at American Airlines Arena last Saturday. It was a great show and the band sounded as good as ever. More than anything, it was just good to see them performing again.

The Avett Brothers were also on the bill. They were perfectly fine but they just do nothing for me.
cajunaggie08
AG
62strat said:

Man if citizen erased stays on that setlist, I may jump in that denver show in a month.

Get in the building for $50 after fees, then go find a lower level seat. Tons of unsold seats still.

It looks like its part of the setlist that rotates through older songs. The have played Bliss or Map of the Problematique in that spot on different dates.
Proposition Joe
I cheated and looked at some of the Muse Chicago videos online. Really excited for my nephew to see some of the stage production -- the only other concert he's been to was Jason Isbell.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.