*** THE MATRIX 4 ***

84,904 Views | 841 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
MookieBlaylock
AG
They made a 2nd and third Matrix?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
This sounds so weird and wild (and falls right in line with many of the more outrageous reports).
TCTTS
AG
Still don't know about this last part, but lets hope WB pulls the trigger soon...

TCTTS
AG

Quote:

It begins with a very glossy looking city. A psychiatrist (Neil Patrick Harris) is sitting with a patient named Thomas. Thomas is Reeves and he's having problems. He says he's having dreams that aren't quite dreams. We see him walking down the street with the green Matrix code. "Am I crazy?" he asks. "We don't say that," the doctor replies. Thomas is then sitting in a bathtub with a rubber duck on his head. He walks into a coffee shop and greets Trinity. "Have we met?" she asks as they shake hands.

We see that Thomas is taking blue pills at home. He looks into the sky and watches a bunch of birds flying. He's trying to analyze it. Next he's in an elevator with a bunch of people on their phones and he looks up at the reflection of everyone looking at screens. About here is where the song "White Rabbit" begins playing.

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II shows up as a character who looks just like Morpheus and offers Thomas a red pill. He meets a person with blue hair who has a tattoo of a rabbit. This all feel very familiar to us, the audience, because this is kind of just... The Matrix again?

Neo and the person with blue hair walk through a mirror. He's in a caf. Then he's in a very serene dojo, which is on a lake, with Abdul-Mateen's character. "The only thing that matters to you is still here," he says. "You'll never give up." They begin to perform martial arts, and when Thomas hits Abdul-Mateen's character hard in the chest and he flies out of the room.

Thomas and the blue-haired person are on a train. A bullet from a sniper is shot from far away and it flies through the train toward them. Tons of action scenes now cut very quickly. We see the fields of people plugged into the matrix. Trinity being unplugged in the matrix. The blue haired person jumping over a car in slow motion. Thomas holds bullets in the air. A helicopter fires a missile at Thomas and Trinity, and Thomas changes its direction mid-air and shoots it into another helicopter. Then, Thomas is in an office with a man in a business suit played by Jonathan Groff. "You're going back to where it all started," he says. "Back to the Matrix." Then the title: The Matrix, which fades away, and then Resurrections.

You very much get the sense that everything that happened before with Neo, Trinity, and Morpheus is happening again, just with minor changes. Characters fated to live the same stories over and over again. Or... something like that. We don't really know. But damned if it didn't look as big and action-packed as we've come to expect.

Weirdly, I like that the setup sounds like it's basically a redo of the first movie, and more importantly, that they're *acknowledging* it. Almost like a Back to the Future Part II vibe, or the good version of what The Force Awakens was trying to do. Very meta, in a perfectly Matrixy way. The first act or so of the first movie is one of the most famous movie set ups of all time, and it could be really fun to play with that again, in a new and interesting way.
TCTTS
AG
Needless to say, at this point, WB probably isn't releasing the trailer online today. Hopefully next week with Shang-Chi.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Why do you say that?
TCTTS
AG
In the past for events like this WB has always released their trailers the minute they debut at the events themselves. Like what Sony did last night. I've never heard of a studio waiting, say, an hour after an event to release a trailer online. That, and it's nearly 10 PM on the east coast. I could be wrong, but it just feels like they would have released it by now if it was coming today or even this week.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm still hoping for tomorrow morning. Maybe waiting for the dust to settle a bit after Spidey.
West Point Aggie
AG
Is the only matrix flick worth watching the first one? My brother keeps saying I should and I think it is available on HBO Max. Are the other two like watching Jurassic Park 3; worth avoiding?
Make Mental Asylums Great Again!
TCTTS
AG
You've never seen The Matrix???

How is that even possible?

I actually really like the two sequels, but they're super weird, a bit more complicated, and kind of up their own ass. Still, some incredible action sequences in both (the highway chase in the second movie, in particular).
dave94
AG
Reloaded is definitely must watch and by that point just finish out the trilogy.
Madmarttigan
AG
I guess I'm a pleb because I still kind of liked the 2nd and 3rd movies as well.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. Reloaded is definitely better than Revolutions.

Both have actually aged well, though, in their own weird ways, without the insane expectations initially hanging over them.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Watching the third one was like finishing the 64-ounce steak so that you can get it for free. I felt nauseous and I was just wanting it to be over.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

It begins with a very glossy looking city. A psychiatrist (Neil Patrick Harris) is sitting with a patient named Thomas. Thomas is Reeves and he's having problems. He says he's having dreams that aren't quite dreams. We see him walking down the street with the green Matrix code. "Am I crazy?" he asks. "We don't say that," the doctor replies. Thomas is then sitting in a bathtub with a rubber duck on his head. He walks into a coffee shop and greets Trinity. "Have we met?" she asks as they shake hands.

We see that Thomas is taking blue pills at home. He looks into the sky and watches a bunch of birds flying. He's trying to analyze it. Next he's in an elevator with a bunch of people on their phones and he looks up at the reflection of everyone looking at screens. About here is where the song "White Rabbit" begins playing.

Yahya Abdul-Mateen II shows up as a character who looks just like Morpheus and offers Thomas a red pill. He meets a person with blue hair who has a tattoo of a rabbit. This all feel very familiar to us, the audience, because this is kind of just... The Matrix again?

Neo and the person with blue hair walk through a mirror. He's in a caf. Then he's in a very serene dojo, which is on a lake, with Abdul-Mateen's character. "The only thing that matters to you is still here," he says. "You'll never give up." They begin to perform martial arts, and when Thomas hits Abdul-Mateen's character hard in the chest and he flies out of the room.

Thomas and the blue-haired person are on a train. A bullet from a sniper is shot from far away and it flies through the train toward them. Tons of action scenes now cut very quickly. We see the fields of people plugged into the matrix. Trinity being unplugged in the matrix. The blue haired person jumping over a car in slow motion. Thomas holds bullets in the air. A helicopter fires a missile at Thomas and Trinity, and Thomas changes its direction mid-air and shoots it into another helicopter. Then, Thomas is in an office with a man in a business suit played by Jonathan Groff. "You're going back to where it all started," he says. "Back to the Matrix." Then the title: The Matrix, which fades away, and then Resurrections.

You very much get the sense that everything that happened before with Neo, Trinity, and Morpheus is happening again, just with minor changes. Characters fated to live the same stories over and over again. Or... something like that. We don't really know. But damned if it didn't look as big and action-packed as we've come to expect.

Weirdly, I like that the setup sounds like it's basically a redo of the first movie, and more importantly, that they're *acknowledging* it. Almost like a Back to the Future Part II vibe, or the good version of what The Force Awakens was trying to do. Very meta, in a perfectly Matrixy way. The first act or so of the first movie is one of the most famous movie set ups of all time, and it could be really fun to play with that again, in a new and interesting way.
This description is a lot better than Couch's summary made it seem...still worried it kind of reads like bad fanfiction, but the original Matrix is so good I'll always watch a sequel just in case.
TCTTS
AG
Definitely has a fan fiction vibe for sure. But with one half of the Wachowskis returning, along two other great writers, I have faith it'll at least be interesting.
jokershady
AG
This scene IMMEDIATELY came to mind:

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Definitely has a fan fiction vibe for sure. But with one half of the Wachowskis returning, along two other great writers, I have faith it'll at least be interesting.
I thought this was a sex change joke at first.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I could have worded that better.
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

The Matrix is mind-blowingly good.

The sequels.......................pretty much suck. The second one had that highway chase and Monica Bellucci in a corset, so it was okay. I think I saw the last one in the theater and that's my only viewing. It was terrible.

Don't really care about a fourth anymore.

You're welcome.

I care about Matrix 4 about as much as I care about Avatar 2.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Matrix Reloaded, as much as I loved it as a teenager and was blinded by my own hype, has aged really well aside from that dopey Neo vs Smith fight that still looks like a videogame.

But pretty much everything from the Zion rave scene forward is pretty awesome. Obviously the highway chase, but also the chateau fight scene is awesome and might be my favorite fight from the whole trilogy.

Speaking of, anyone play Enter The Matrix back in the day? That game was dope. In fact I still have my gamecube, so I might fire that up in the next few months before the movie comes out.
fig96
AG
I did, probably the only movie tie in game that was actually worth playing relative to the movie. Had some really great added story and character elements as well as just being an interesting exploration of the world.

And I've read nothing of these trailer descriptions other than the very brief intro and cannot freakin' wait for this trailer. The Matrix is one of my all time favorite films and this sounds like a worthy sequel (though I didn't hate the sequels) with a fantastic cast.
PatAg
AG
TCTTS said:

I'm expecting to see some amazing action pieces, and I'm hoping for more quality story than we got in the sequels. I felt like that was really missing on the sequels compared to the first movie, which is not uncommon with sequels.
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Good to hear they at least didn't have a falling out or anything, which is what was rumored...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I haven't read the description above, but based on context clues...it seems my idea of calling it "The Matrix Rebooted" makes even more sense now.
TyHolden
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I haven't read the description above, but based on context clues...it seems my idea of calling it "The Matrix Rebooted" makes even more sense now.
they could have just called it Cloud...or Disaster Recovery
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Should have gone with control alt delete
TCTTS
AG
While we wait...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.