*** THE MATRIX 4 ***

87,577 Views | 841 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm laughing at how hard you defend the Star Wars sequels while trying to trash Matrix Reloaded in the same thread.
Time to post some Matrix Resurrection spoilers!
jokershady
AG
Don't know what it is about this trailer but it seems to get cooler each time I watch it.

Also…..caught this off another YouTube video……

In the trailer it shows the Alice in wonderland book at the 1:01 mark…..which is binary code and also Neo's apartment number in the first matrix movie.

I don't know what dafuq they are doing but I'm getting more and more intrigued
jokershady
AG
Holy crap! Y'all need to watch this. This is by far the best breakdown I've seen of the matrix trailer and it's not even close.

Some items he hits on we've discussed but there are some dang good things he points out that were new. Give it a watch it's worth your time.

TCTTS
AG
Wow, yeah, I finally had a chance to watch and that was incredible. Thanks for posting.

It covered a lot of the same stuff in the ScreenCrush video, but then expanded on parts of it so much more, while covering new ground as well. It not only solidified for me that some of the more prominent theories out there are likely true, it gave them more context and reason for being. To the point where those potential choices feel so much more necessary and smarter than I originally gave them credit for.

Man, I went from thinking this would but a fun, but likely not worthy sequel, to cautiously optimistic that they put just as much thought into it as the original, in a way that actually feels like a natural, organic, and maybe even essential follow-up to the trilogy, as opposed to just some nostalgic cash grab.
jokershady
AG
Right??? There appears to be so much more going on here than what we had originally thought!

I watched it again and played close attention to the segment where he talks about the old man reflection in the mirror and not sure why I hadn't seen this before, but honestly if you look at it when the faces change (especially in the paused segment where the old man is in the reflection when Neo is taking the pills) it looks like Agent Smith.

Look at the eyebrows and the forehead....it's as if Smith and Neo are merging in those reflections....I could easily be wrong here but seeing how Smith was copied onto Neo in the third movie this could be some leftovers of the Smith program still attached to Neo and trying to find a way back to the Matrix.

I don't know but I've gotten WAY MORE hyped for this film now that I'm seeing all these little details that reflect just how much time and hopefully thought and effort went into making this film.

Edit: here's a picture of what Hugo Weaving looks like today.....tell me that doesn't look like the old man in the mirror reflection

TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
As funny/crazy as that is….The Matrix came out in 1999…..Netscape Navigator was the main browsing option for the internet in 1995 so I have to ask, did Internet cookies exist back then?

Also random question….was the original matrix really rated R??? It's showing that on IMDb and I could have sworn it was pg-13. There's really not much language and there's no nudity, and the violence isn't gory…..are we really that desensitized now compared to 20+ years ago?
TCTTS
AG
No idea on the cookies (probably not intentional but cool nonetheless), but I definitely remember the first movie being R, and that being a thing. I remember at least two F-bombs (you only get one in a PG-13 movie), a few sh*ts, a relatively nude pod-Neo, a decent amount of blood, and then that third act shootout in the lobby is basically a massacre. It's not super gory, but it *is* pretty violent. That said, lose a bit of the language, maybe some of the blood, and show one or two fewer on-screen deaths, and they probably could have gotten away with PG-13.
Robert C. Christian
AG
jokershady said:

As funny/crazy as that is….The Matrix came out in 1999…..Netscape Navigator was the main browsing option for the internet in 1995 so I have to ask, did Internet cookies exist back then?

Also random question….was the original matrix really rated R??? It's showing that on IMDb and I could have sworn it was pg-13. There's really not much language and there's no nudity, and the violence isn't gory…..are we really that desensitized now compared to 20+ years ago?

Yes, cookies have existed since 1994. From wikipedia:

Quote:

Together with John Giannandrea, Montulli wrote the initial Netscape cookie specification the same year. Version 0.9beta of Mosaic Netscape, released on October 13, 1994, supported cookies. The first use of cookies (out of the labs) was checking whether visitors to the Netscape website had already visited the site. Montulli applied for a patent for the cookie technology in 1995, and US 5774670 was granted in 1998. Support for cookies was integrated with Internet Explorer in version 2, released in October 1995.
israeliag
AG
This feels like the right place to share this important commentary on the Facebook outage:

jokershady
AG

edit: good grief that image was too big
TCTTS
AG
Pretty cool. The new cast talking about the cultural significance of the original movie/trilogy...

tk for tu juan
I know the programmed light shows can get old, but how about a pumpkin singing RATM
Sea Speed
AG
I didn't watch the video but it is definitely one of the movies where the name or themes are synonymous with certain normal daily real world things and has made it in to the national lexicon.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

In a world of two realities - everyday life and what lies behind it - Thomas Anderson will have to choose to follow the white rabbit once more. Choice, while an illusion, is still the only way in or out of the Matrix, which is stronger, more secure and more dangerous than ever before.
The Porkchop Express
AG
TCTTS said:

Quote:

In a world of two realities - everyday life and what lies behind it - Thomas Anderson will have to choose to follow the white rabbit once more. Choice, while an illusion, is still the only way in or out of the Matrix, which is stronger, more secure and more dangerous than ever before.

This Matrix just got a little more Matrix-ier ...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
GREAT poster.
The Dog Lord
AG
TCTTS
AG

veryfuller
Staff
AG
Dune marketing team, take notes for Part 2. This is how you poster
Phat32
AG
Can't wait
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
These are very reminiscent of the Matrix Reloaded character posters.
Phat32
AG
Wish Keanu had cut his hair close - looks too much like John Wick
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is Morpheus 2.0 going for a Nicholson Joker look here?

Gig-Em2003
AG
John Groff holding a giant hand cannon makes me laugh.
Engine10
AG
On Neo / Old man in Mirror / Agent Smith connections,

Beyond the straightforward approach of the end of the trilogy and Neo allowing Smith in,

I absolutely love the idea of Smith (as we know him today) as the OG anomaly, that the Machines then copied/mimic'd into agents to implement greater control in future versions. It's unlikely Agents existed in the first iteration of the Matrix, they didn't know they had this anomalous problem yet. What better thing to base your defense off of than the problem itself, giving it similar but incomplete powers compared to the anomaly.

Kinda mimic's current machine (cough) learning systems in that many train off of historical data, using patterns observed to adjust for the future. In practice, these deployed algorithms are sometimes called…agents. (https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinforcement_learning)

Full circle, I'm imagining Smith resurfacing at some point to guide the full shutdown of the Matrix.

Time for coffee.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

John Groff holding a giant hand cannon makes me laugh.
You should watch him in MIndKillers on Netflix, he was really good and very awkward.

Definitely should take the kids though and say "Kristoff from Frozen is in it!"
Gig-Em2003
AG
Saw it, great show. I always view him as his Hamilton character or hear him as Cristoff. Ha
double aught
AG
So is Larry Fishburn not in this? What's that about?
Tibbers
helloimustbegoing said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is Morpheus 2.0 going for a Nicholson Joker look here?

It cements in my mind that he is a program created by someone who was familiar to the story of Neo and Morpheus. He's a facsimile.
Rex Racer
AG
jokershady said:

Cookies were invented in 1994, and they were invented by a Netscape engineer named Lou Montulli.

https://qz.com/2000350/the-inventor-of-the-digital-cookie-has-some-regrets/
Phat32
AG
Rewatching the original trilogy.

Matrix 1 holds up.
The first half of reloaded is terrible.
Revolutions as a whole is awful.

They really needed less non-Matrix scenes.
jokershady
AG
I stated earlier in this thread somewhere that I'm 100% convinced Smith shows up from this. The old man reflection is Hugo Weaving as he looks today. I just hope they do something amazing with the idea.

Can't wait!!
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Phat32 said:

Rewatching the original trilogy.

Matrix 1 holds up.
The first half of reloaded is terrible.
Revolutions as a whole is awful.

They really needed less non-Matrix scenes.

Agreed. The first one is more akin to a bank heist movie with badass martial arts mixed with gun fighting. Then Neo gets way too strong, and the next two are basically Chinese wire films with Americans in them.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.