*** THE MATRIX 4 ***

87,579 Views | 841 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg
if you are planning on experiencing this on your game system, do not watch this as it spoils much of what occurs.

Just an FYI.
Phat32
AG
Much of the movie or much of this game experience?
fig96
AG
double aught said:

TCTTS said:

double aught said:

Gig-Em2003 said:

My setup… Can't wait! Watched Dune this way and it was #immersive.

Sadly, I won't be too far from this. With two young kids, it's hard to get out for all but the biggest movies. I catch up on a lot of stuff with my iPad and headphones while I rock my daughter to sleep. But hey, at least the room will be dark.

Does this not constitute one of the biggest?
Man, it's right there. I'd probably put it just below the line and Spiderman right above, only because I have the option to see The Matrix at home. But if you wanna come watch these wild kids, I'll gladly make my way to the theater.
Brother in law and I are making plans to sneak out Christmas Eve day. I know we can see it on HBOMax, but this is a big screen movie.
fig96
AG
Phat32 said:

TCTTS said:

The actor was known to be giving to his crew members, such as in "The Matrix" where he gave a set builder a Christmas bonus of $20,000 because he heard the staff was having family troubles. In the sequel, "The Matrix Reloaded," where the actor had a stunt crew of 12 people, he gave each of them a brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle. The price for each one ranges from $7,000 up to $40,000 in today's market.

Most I think know this story as well, but he gave the majority of his back end on the second and third Matrix films to the VFX and costume design teams (north of 35 million).
C@LAg
Phat32 said:

Much of the movie or much of this game experience?
the "game" experience
jokershady
AG
fig96 said:

Phat32 said:

TCTTS said:

The actor was known to be giving to his crew members, such as in "The Matrix" where he gave a set builder a Christmas bonus of $20,000 because he heard the staff was having family troubles. In the sequel, "The Matrix Reloaded," where the actor had a stunt crew of 12 people, he gave each of them a brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle. The price for each one ranges from $7,000 up to $40,000 in today's market.

Most I think know this story as well, but he gave the majority of his back end on the second and third Matrix films to the VFX and costume design teams (north of 35 million).
I remember hearing this….basically chose to do it cause they went way over budget for the freeway scene in the 2nd film right?
jokershady
AG
Always like this guys take. Honestly though there's only a few new things here but the first one blew me away…..

The song that plays as the credits role from the first matrix movie is the same dang song we hear on this second trailer just tweaked with different electronics. Thought that was cool

maca1028
Didn't realize that the first time I saw the trailer. Wake up is such a badass song.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The ending of the Matrix kicks ass to this day.

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
YouBet
AG
Well, that's frightening.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm not sure when it happened, but my hype for this movie has surpassed my hype for NWH.

So far I've seen the first Matrix (in IMAX), and the Animatrix, which is still so good. I HIGHLY recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen it, even non-anime fans. (Of which I am one.) It's currently streaming on HBO.

I'm so intrigued by what the plot of this movie will be. Can't wait. Just over one week to go.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Drew has likely seen it by now (as have a number of critics), so I can't tell if his "Buckle up" is ominous or excitement…
jokershady
AG
WOAH
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So just rewatched Reloaded and noticed a weird plot thing that's kind of bugging me. I don't want to say plot hole, but here's my question.

In the first Matrix, the plot hinges on Smith trying to get the codes to Zion's mainframe from Morpheus, ostensibly so they can access and destroy Zion.

In Reloaded, we learn that Zion was just another form of control as part of the Prime Program, ie the "Path of the One" which ends with the destruction and eventual re-population of Zion.

So the machines always knew the location of Zion and could attack at any time. They just had to wait until the Path of the One is far enough along for them to begin their attack.

So my question is, why was Smith so desperately trying to access Zion ahead of time?

Obviously the sequels weren't written yet, but what do you think the in-universe explanation could be?

One possibility is that he's acting alone and just hates humanity to the point that he wants to annihilate them. That would explain the moment where he takes out his earplug and gives his "I must get free" speech, which I've never fully understood.

If so, this is the first time I'm realizing that Smith was a rogue agent even before actually being "unplugged" at the end of the first movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We at least know based on Reloaded that the agents are fully aware of the Prime Program. "It's him. The anomaly."
The Porkchop Express
AG
Not trying to be a jerk (FYI)

Does the logic of the sequels make sense on a rewatch?

I don't think I've rewatched any of them start to finish in 15+ years.

I just remember my suspension of disbelief in the 2nd one just falling apart and although I saw the third one, I very little recollection of it other than the moment Trinity sees the sun.

I mostly remember feeling like Neo was so overpowered they kept having to get him stuck places so the other characters could have something to do, and that his real-world abilities had no explanation, nor did the fact that Smith had "uploaded" himself into a real person.

I'm hopeful they kind of gloss over 2 and 3 and make this more of a sequel to the wonderful story of the first one.

For your troubles, the best part of the sequels

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly, they've made more and more sense on every subsequent rewatch, for me.

After the first watch in theaters, I would say I had fairly little grasp of understanding it, compared to where I'm at now.

I'll also say that having a Computer Engineering degree, I also have a much deeper understanding of the programming stuff.

If anyone is skipping a rewatch but wants to want Resurrections, this is a really good article that explains stuff very succinctly.

https://matrix.fandom.com/wiki/Prime_Program
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And as for Neo having abilities in the real world, the explanation is a little hand-wavey admittedly, but it's related to the fact that Neo was connected to the Source after speaking to the Architect.

No previous iteration of the One had ever made the decision he made, so no One had ever had those abilities before him. (All previous Ones were basically re-inserted into the Prime Program and the Matrix was reloaded, starting the 100 year cycle over again.)
jokershady
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So just rewatched Reloaded and noticed a weird plot thing that's kind of bugging me. I don't want to say plot hole, but here's my question.

In the first Matrix, the plot hinges on Smith trying to get the codes to Zion's mainframe from Morpheus, ostensibly so they can access and destroy Zion.

In Reloaded, we learn that Zion was just another form of control as part of the Prime Program, ie the "Path of the One" which ends with the destruction and eventual re-population of Zion.

So the machines always knew the location of Zion and could attack at any time. They just had to wait until the Path of the One is far enough along for them to begin their attack.

So my question is, why was Smith so desperately trying to access Zion ahead of time?

Obviously the sequels weren't written yet, but what do you think the in-universe explanation could be?

One possibility is that he's acting alone and just hates humanity to the point that he wants to annihilate them. That would explain the moment where he takes out his earplug and gives his "I must get free" speech, which I've never fully understood.

If so, this is the first time I'm realizing that Smith was a rogue agent even before actually being "unplugged" at the end of the first movie.
I feel you're correct that he was acting more on his own accord. Remember the interrogation scene (first movie) with Morpheus….he removes his ear piece and then kinda loses it with Morpheus, telling him how much he hates it in the Matrix and that he wants to get out.

Sounds like it had nothing to do with the machine world but just his own personal vendetta against the Matrix

Skip to 1:18. He does mention destroying Zion but you could interpret that has REALLY destroying it for good…..no 16 female + 7 male to rebuild and restart because that would still keep him in the Matrix and he wanted to end it all
The Porkchop Express
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

No previous iteration of the One had ever made the decision he made, so no One had ever had those abilities before him. (All previous Ones were basically re-inserted into the Prime Program and the Matrix was reloaded, starting the 100 year cycle over again.)
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.