*** THE MATRIX 4 ***

84,867 Views | 841 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To me it's crazy to think the "red pill" wasn't a thing until 1999. It feels like a concept that's been around forever at this point.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I want to believe it will be great. Reloaded and Revolutions looked fantastic, but ultimately were incredibly disappointing after the first.

I watch the first at least once a year. A couple of months ago we did all 3 as my wife had apparenty never seen the original.

Didn't care for 2 and 3. Definitely cool visuals and action scenes. I think it boils down to the original was a mind blowing experience b/w the visuals and the story itself. While they upped the game in future movies visually, they were never going to approach the story told in the first.

The original Matrix is my single favorite movie of all time.
TCTTS
AG
Warner Bros. has just resurrected the original official site from 1999, signaling that the trailer (and the official marketing push) are finally around the corner.

TCTTS
AG
Seeing as the trailer debuted at CinemaCon a couple weeks ago, I would have bet a large sum of money that it would have finally released publicly this past weekend with Shang-Chi. Especially since there's not another blockbuster in theaters until the Venom sequel on October 1st. So, at this point, anyone's guess is as good as mine, but at least things finally seem to be in motion. Could be today, could be tomorrow, could be three weeks from now. Maybe WB wanted to wait until the Marvel/Shang-Chi/Spider-Man hype died down, and now it's Matrix time?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I figured they were waiting for NWH trailer hype to die down but it's been a while now. If it's not this week I'm worried about a delay.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Seeing as the trailer debuted at CinemaCon a couple weeks ago, I would have bet a large sum of money that it would have finally released publicly this past weekend with Shang-Chi. Especially since there's not another blockbuster in theaters until the Venom sequel on October 1st. So, at this point, anyone's guess is as good as mine, but at least things finally seem to be in motion. Could be today, could be tomorrow, could be three weeks from now. Maybe WB wanted to wait until the Marvel/Shang-Chi/Spider-Man hype died down, and now it's Matrix time?
Other studios have been waiting for Marvel's hype to die down since May 2008.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
When I went to the official site just now, I got the Neil Patrick Harris dialogue over maybe five to seven shots of footage from the trailer…
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Trending #1 on Twitter.
YouBet
AG
Interesting. This is petty but I'm curious how Carrie-Anne Moss looks in this all these years later.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
The dude can't wait 2 days?
TCTTS
AG
Garrelli 5000
AG
3rd watch/video before I realized the time being shown/read was my computer time.

Maybe I'm not Matrix material
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
MW03
AG
Well I got Yahya, and he correctly called the time of day on my computer, and I think got an image of Jonathon Groff having his mouth melted like Neo in Matrix 1.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So did they really record an audio clip for every single hour and minute of the day?

Maybe it's deepfake audio.
TCTTS
AG
I've now gotten Neil Patrick Harris twice, and he said the exact time on my computer each time. Got Yahya once and he did the same. Different footage all three times. They either recorded each actor saying every single minute of the day, or it's some kind of A.I. voice simulator or something…
TCTTS
AG
Was typing my thoughts at the same time you posted yours.
Garrelli 5000
AG
I'm going to do my best to try and keep expectations low. Probably safest to just approach as a kick-ass looking kick-ass movie. The odds of having a Keanu-esque "wOOooo" moment as I did with the original are low.

If I frame it as another John Wick movie I'll have fun.

But like Aggie football, hope springs eternal in the build-up to the off-season. I have 3.5 months to remember that Broken Lizard nailed it with Super Troopers 2. And I'll become this guy.

fig96
AG
No, they recorded the minimum number of combinations and are matching that to your system clock

I mean they could have done them all I suppose, but seems like overkill.
jokershady
AG
Lol....what's crazy is we live in a world where i can completely believe someone attempting this
TCTTS
AG
No doubt. It won't be from him, but 100%, by the end of the day, there *will* be a one to two minute cut of all the footage together on YouTube.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As happy as I am that we're finally getting the trailer...why not just drop it today?

I know they're probably trying to build some hype in order to maximize views, but it just seems unnecessary. The IP is enough to have gotten this to trend around the world. I almost wish the surprise factor had been left in and they just dropped it without any announcement.
TCTTS
AG
Btw, this is absolutely some kind of meta re-do/re-mix of the original, as there are so many images released just today that hint and some of the same scenes and sequences playing out again, but in new ways, with different characters, etc.

Also, Yahya has to be playing some kind of young/digital Morpheus, right?
Chipotlemonger
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

As happy as I am that we're finally getting the trailer...why not just drop it today?

I know they're probably trying to build some hype in order to maximize views, but it just seems unnecessary. The IP is enough to have gotten this to trend around the world. I almost wish the surprise factor had been left in and they just dropped it without any announcement.
Garrelli 5000
AG
fig96 said:

No, they recorded the minimum number of combinations and are matching that to your system clock

I mean they could have done them all I suppose, but seems like overkill.
My thoughts - it is only ?26? files at most, per voice.

0 - 20
AM
PM

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Weird thing to get offended about.
TCTTS
AG
israeliag
AG
I knew Yahya was in it, just didn't realize he was reprising his Dr Manhattan role

TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.