*** THE MATRIX 4 ***

84,863 Views | 841 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Shife said:

Look for this movie to be the "landmark" moment (sarcasm) when trans characters are introduced to the silver screen.

I guess you've never seen Ace Ventura.
Gigem314
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Weird, my feeling about Keanu is he's game for just about anything. He gives no ****s about critics or anyone else.
bearamedic99
AG
Wait

one more time

GiveEmHellBill said:

You're welcome.

Phat32
AG
So so so so so

IN
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The only Matrix sequel I ever needed.

TCTTS
AG
A classic. So damn funny.
TCTTS
AG
exitone
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

The only Matrix sequel I ever needed.

Greatness.
And the FX in the park fight scene are better than the actual movie with videogame Neo
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Concordantly!

I watched that skit so many times I remember it by heart.
Ulrich
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Weird, my feeling about Keanu is he's game for just about anything. He gives no ****s about critics or anyone else.

I think he likes being able to hang out and do Keanu things while people mostly ignore him goodnaturedly. Jumping into the middle of the TG topic seems like it would alter the universal goodwill Keanu has built up over the decades. Agree that artistically he doesn't care what anyone thinks, but he does seem to place a lot of value on being able to punch out for the day and leave work at work.
TCTTS
AG
That clip for some reason reminds me just how weird the early '00s where. The '90s had a very specific feel/identity, but 2000-2006 or so was this weird no man's land of pop culture and style. It was like we woke up from the '90s, but didn't yet know where to go next or how to dress or act. And the movies of the time very much reflected that. At least IMO. The prequels... the first Spider-man... the Matrix sequels... Terminator 3... etc. The Lord of the Rings trilogy felt like the only thing that a had a true voice/identity from that era. It was just an odd time for blockbusters. Random, I know, but that clip almost makes shiver in that regard.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Concordantly!

I watched that skit so many times I remember it by heart.
Highway Crossing Frog
AustinAg2K
This movie is going to be so terrible... but I'll be there opening night.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Having come of age in those years, these are the blockbusters I most associate with that time.

LOTR trilogy (The single biggest thing in entertainment in my junior high / high school years)
Spider-Man 1 & 2
Star Wars prequels (They were really big in my late high school years, 03-05.)
Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy
The Matrix Reloaded (Was HUGE in 03.)
Kill Bill
Harry Potter series (Was never a fan but they were huge)
Donnie Darko (Cult movie that spread like wildfire)
TCTTS
AG
I'd add Superman Returns and the first three X-Men movies to that list as well. But yeah, that's a good snapshot. Basically, everything post '99, pre-Dark Knight/MCU ('08) has a very distinct vibe in my mind, with way more bad than good. It was like this awkward transition phase for blockbusters.
Ulrich
Lot of bad CGI in there.
maca1028
canadiaggie said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

The Matrix is mind-blowingly good.

The sequels.......................pretty much suck. The second one had that highway chase and Monica Bellucci in a corset, so it was okay. I think I saw the last one in the theater and that's my only viewing. It was terrible.

Don't really care about a fourth anymore.

You're welcome.

I saw this movie when I was 9 or 10 and I'm 100% sure Monica's Bellucci singlehandedly kickstarted puberty for me

I need to see more of her.
BenFiasco14
AG
Matrix - one of my favorite movies of all time.

Matrix reloaded - still good, IMO, just a decent popcorn flick

Matrix revolutions - pretty bad, think I've only seen it once or twice.

Animatrix- trippy, but good from what I remember.

This, will likely suck unfortunately. Also, I'd completely forgotten the Wachowski brothers caught a case of mental illness not too long ago.
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Me, after reading all these theories about the movies and remembering how f-ed it all was:

Texaggie7nine
TCTTS said:

Sex Panther said:

I love Keanu but as long as a Wachowski... whatever, is attached to this I won't get my hopes up. They are absolutely terrible now.

It's weird that only one is involved and that the other sibling has absolutely nothing to do with it, seeing as they wrote/directed the trilogy together. Either way, I'm curious, but yeah, not very confident in this turning out great.

Btw, the newest ridiculous trend I've been seeing on Twitter is people naming their favorite movies directed by women and naming The Matrix in their lists. I'm all for people living however they want to live, as whoever they want to be, but retroactively saying The Matrix was directed by women is one of the dumbest, most maddening things I can think of.

My heart jumped at the news, but I am afraid this will be another version of a washed up Lucas and a money grab.
7nine
Breggy Popup
AG
maca1028 said:

canadiaggie said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

The sequels.......................pretty much suck. The second one had that highway chase and Monica Bellucci in a corset, so it was okay. I think I saw the last one in the theater and that's my only viewing. It was terrible.

You're welcome.

I saw this movie when I was 9 or 10 and I'm 100% sure Monica's Bellucci singlehandedly kickstarted puberty for me

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I have the perfect title. In fact, I'll be upset if they don't use it.

The Matrix Rebooted
maca1028
?itemid=5690363
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Hate to break it to you.....but that's Kelly Brook.

Also incredibly hot.
Breggy Popup
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Hate to break it to you.....but that's Kelly Brook.

Also incredibly hot.

Really? Well dammit.
maca1028
Nice effort though
The Debt
Maybe they will explain that Revolutions was really a fantasy while Neo was unconscious after killing the hunterkillers in the real world.

They complete the series with Neo waking up in #4 realizing the real world is another matrix, another layer of control, he then truly frees humanity from the real world.
Breggy Popup
AG
maca1028 said:

Nice effort though

Google said it was her and it looked like her. I suck at identifying smoking hot womens in photos.
Breggy Popup
AG
The Debt said:

Maybe they will explain that Revolutions was really a fantasy while Neo was unconscious after killing the hunterkillers in the real world.

They complete the series with Neo waking up in #4 realizing the real world is another matrix, another layer of control, he then truly frees humanity from the real world.

Like Inception meets the Matrix.
Ulrich
The Debt said:

I'm half expecting them to go with a simulation inside a simulation inside a simulation.... inside a simulation plot. Elements of singularity. Rebirth.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Never been to a Dolby theater.

Just grabbed a ticket for The Matrix in Dolby at the AMC in Disney Springs for next Friday. Have to drive 1 hr+ to Orlando, but screw it.

Gonna swing by a Disney park and make a day of it. Pumped.
Eliminatus
AG
maca1028 said:

canadiaggie said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

You're welcome.

You better believe my adolescent eyes caught one thing right away. I can't remember how many times I rewound the tape to "verify".

Madame Belucci was commando during these scenes.

******* posting pics from a phone is a nightmare...
The Debt
Oh my....how did I not notice that before

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.