*** THE MATRIX 4 ***

84,866 Views | 841 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tickets on sale in 45 minutes.

Hoping to grab tickets for my first ever IMAX with Laser experience, and I couldn't think of a better movie to do it with.

Luckily I'll be in Miami with that available to me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And booked. Wednesday 22 at 3:30 pm, in IMAX Laser, dead center.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quad Dog
AG
I think my 12 year old son is more excited than I am, since we watched the original trilogy last year he's listed the Matrix as his favorite movie ever since. He's also bragged about it being his first R rated movie.
The Dog Lord
AG
Booked for the 23rd
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just watched the trailer. Man, I really think this is gonna be a fantastic movie.

Even though I think they gave a bit too much away (one pretty huge reveal in particular), I'm even more intrigued than I've ever been. Can't be wait.

Who else is watching the first Matrix in IMAX tomorrow?
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

helloimustbegoing said:

The toughest thing for me to sell the new one is to give me characters to care about other than Neo. I mostly lost interest in Trinity after the first one, and while I love Laurence Fishburne as an actor, his role in 2 and 3 was sort of forgettable as well. I had zero interest in any of the new characters introduced in 2 or 3 - Jada Pinkett Smith, Michael from Lost, the Up With People council of elders - all very blah.

Somebody or multiple somebodies really need to stand out in the new one to keep it from being Neo, Trinity, and a bunch of Randos Part III.

I will say that, based on the trailers so far, every new and old character does seem to be solely in service of Neo. There definitely doesn't appear to be a "Rey" to Neo's "Luke" or anything like that, and all of the "new class" characters - again, based solely on the trailers - come across as fairly generic "hacker punk freedom fighters" with not a lot of charm or individuality. But we'll see.

Honestly, it's kind of refreshing, though, since most of these "legacy sequels" over the years have focused primarily on young, new, leading characters, and then the old characters we know and love don't show up until later, in limited capacity. At least here they're saying, "Nope, this is still Neo's story first and foremost," which I can appreciate.

Overall, though, I definitely agree that the sequel characters absolutely paled in comparison to the OG cast, no question.
Interesting, and it just hit me, that this theme is very similar to Paul's arc in Dune. Basically, both messiah figures with everyone around them in service to them.
The Porkchop Express
They blew up Batman's lake house from Justice League at the end of the trailer.
jr15aggie
AG
Well heck, this looks friggin FANTASTIC.
The Collective
AG
I'm totally watching this one on my bedroom TV.
Gig-Em2003
AG
My setup… Can't wait! Watched Dune this way and it was #immersive.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
exitone
AG
Quad Dog said:

I think my 12 year old son is more excited than I am, since we watched the original trilogy last year he's listed the Matrix as his favorite movie ever since. He's also bragged about it being his first R rated movie.
Same thing here. I have casually shown these to my 10 and 14 year olds before, but we are in for a formal viewing of the Trilogy before the release. We saw The Matrix this past Saturday and the youngest is really digging it (I think my 14 year old is too cool for skool, so is playing it down). Looking forward to hitting 2 and 3 with the kids this weekend.
double aught
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

Sadly, I won't be too far from this. With two young kids, it's hard to get out for all but the biggest movies. I catch up on a lot of stuff with my iPad and headphones while I rock my daughter to sleep. But hey, at least the room will be dark.
TCTTS
AG
double aught said:

Gig-Em2003 said:

Sadly, I won't be too far from this. With two young kids, it's hard to get out for all but the biggest movies. I catch up on a lot of stuff with my iPad and headphones while I rock my daughter to sleep. But hey, at least the room will be dark.

Does this not constitute one of the biggest?
TCTTS
AG
Gig-Em2003 said:

I consider this a flagrant act of neglect and will be contacting the proper authorities shortly.
PatAg
AG
Previews have been promising, but I'm still not going into expecting greatness. Just hoping for enjoyable.
double aught
AG
TCTTS said:

double aught said:

Gig-Em2003 said:

Does this not constitute one of the biggest?
Man, it's right there. I'd probably put it just below the line and Spiderman right above, only because I have the option to see The Matrix at home. But if you wanna come watch these wild kids, I'll gladly make my way to the theater.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I hear you. The Spider-Man of it all definitely complicates things, coming out so soon before.
CondensedFogAggie
exitone said:

Quad Dog said:

Same thing here. I have casually shown these to my 10 and 14 year olds before, but we are in for a formal viewing of the Trilogy before the release. We saw The Matrix this past Saturday and the youngest is really digging it (I think my 14 year old is too cool for skool, so is playing it down). Looking forward to hitting 2 and 3 with the kids this weekend.

Hope they love it. I know 2 and 3 wasn't as popular as the first one, but still loved them all.
Phat32
AG
Bought our IMAX tickets for the 23rd!
TCTTS
AG
KidDoc
AG
Man I had very low expectations for this one but that trailer looks amazing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jokershady
AG
wait. wait. wait.

Hugo Weaving is BRITISH!!!??? AGENT SMITH IS A BRIT???? ELROD IS A BRIT????

TCTTS
AG
He's Australian.
jeffk
AG
He is actually a Brit but grew up in Australia.
TCTTS
AG
KidDoc
AG
TCTTS said:

As a boxster owner I had to steal that one for my facebook feed!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TCTTS
AG
A writer I'm currently working with lives next door to Keanu's assistant, in a cul de sac in the Hollywood Hills. He says Keanu will stop by every so often on his motorcycle, the writer's young kids will go outside when they hear him, and Keanu will do his Duke Caboom voice for them, on his motorcycle. Says they go absolutely nuts for it.

He really does seem like the kindest, coolest guy ever.
Phat32
AG
TCTTS said:

The actor was known to be giving to his crew members, such as in "The Matrix" where he gave a set builder a Christmas bonus of $20,000 because he heard the staff was having family troubles. In the sequel, "The Matrix Reloaded," where the actor had a stunt crew of 12 people, he gave each of them a brand new Harley Davidson motorcycle. The price for each one ranges from $7,000 up to $40,000 in today's market.
TCTTS
AG
That's so cool.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Keanu is the coolest guy in Hollywood. There's a lot of runner ups, but everyone else is fighting for second.
TCTTS
AG
First clip, and it's such a mindf/ck already…

The Porkchop Express
THEY WONT EVEN LET MORPHEUS TALK ON A SCREEN.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.