*** THE MATRIX 4 ***

87,582 Views | 841 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just remembering how many times I watched The Matrix Reloaded teaser trailer on my computer, in terrible quality, over and over again...

How far we've come in 16 years.
I ever told you my story about me and my dad going to see the third one on opening day?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If you did, I can't remember it. Do tell.
PatAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just remembering how many times I watched The Matrix Reloaded teaser trailer on my computer, in terrible quality, over and over again...

How far we've come in 16 years.
Yea, as disappointing as Reloaded and Returns ultimately were (at least compared to expectations) we were all so insanely hyped up to see it.
TCTTS
AG
Speak of the devil. The release date has literally just been announced...

May 21, 2021
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
we had gone to see #2, but neither of us liked it that much, but agreed to see #3 to finish it off. it opened on a Wednesday. I had Wednesdays off back then and he was retired so we went to a matinee. Not a ton of people there, but a fairly large (width) fellow right behind us, by himself, dressed as Neo with the trench coat and the glasses.

During the previews, my dad and i are talking about what had happened in the second one because neither of us had seen it more than once. About 5 minutes into this, the guy behind us totally loses it and screeches, "YOU GUYS HAVE GOT TO SHUT UP! YOU ARE RUINING THIS FOR ME!!"

My dad turns around and says "This is my son, he's 6'7, go sit somewhere else before he comes back there and beats the **** out of you."

5 minutes later guy "goes to the bathroom". COmes back and sits in the last row.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lol, I do remember this now. That's freaking hilarious. Sounds like a nerd stereotype you'd see in a movie.
DE4D
AG
My name is Roy D Mercer.

Have you ever had a country ass-whoopin
TCTTS
AG
I don't quite understand this, and these guys don't do a very good job of explaining, but these audition tapes do seem real. If so, it seems as though the events of the first three movies are somehow now a playable video game in whatever "reality" exists in the fourth movie???

https://knightedgemedia.com/2019/12/exclusive-leaked-audition-tapes-reveal-the-matrix-trilogy-exists-within-matrix-4/
exitone
AG
TCTTS said:

I don't quite understand this, and these guys don't do a very good job of explaining, but these audition tapes do seem real. If so, it seems as though the events of the first three movies are somehow now a playable video game in whatever "reality" exists in the fourth movie???

https://knightedgemedia.com/2019/12/exclusive-leaked-audition-tapes-reveal-the-matrix-trilogy-exists-within-matrix-4/
I dont see how this could possibly be real. I wouldn't put it past whatever Wachowski brother / sister is leading this effort to try, but there is no way this would have gotten approved by a studio. We all know how much grief was thrown around the first time around due to the complexity... this would be :

(([Matrix Trilogy] + 1.45) * [Keanu's awesomeness]) / [number of sunglasses in Matrix 2] = confusion factor for Matrix 4
TCTTS
AG
I don't know. It doesn't seem all that complicated to me, and could be a clever way for the machines to acknowledge the events of the original trilogy, but simultaneously sweep them under the rug and dismiss them as fiction in whatever new, fake reality they may or may not have created. It would also explain why Neo and Trinity are "back" - they're part of some kind of game-within-The-Matrix and not actually resurrected flesh and bone. Either way, I feel like we don't know enough to say either way.
Al Bula
AG
LOL

Quote:

However, this time the events of the original trilogy will be featured as a trilogy of video games. Up-and-coming actors Alex Poncio and Josh Rabinowitz read for the part of a nerd who played the video games while being raised by Machines.
Sex Panther
AG
I'm telling you the best thing that could happen for this franchise is to take it away from the Wachowskis. I get it. They created it, it's their baby... there's still life in this thing and it could be cool... but they're gonna **** it up.
DE4D
AG
I have lots of ideas running through my head. But they definitely laid the groundwork on multiple fronts. Seperation of conciousness and self being primary. I am going to rewatch source material before wirritting the preface to the TL;DR
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

TCTTS
AG
I'm afraid you're right.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.slashfilm.com/matrix-4-cast-the-merovingian/
TCTTS
AG
Texaggie7nine
Very true. As I can attest in Matrix Online the game that was full of Matrix heads, the Mero was probably a top 3 character if you had all thousands of them rank them.
7nine
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. Loved his character and glad to see him back.
Texaggie7nine
I almost want them to get past 4 so perhaps they will open up the universe for other side movies and we can get into some talented writers and directors that could really bring us back into that universe.
7nine
TCTTS
AG
I'm sure they're treating this as a soft reboot of sorts. More movies after this one is no doubt the plan. I just hope this one is good enough to warrant the further adventures.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brad Pitt turned down The Matrix.

How many people passed before it got to Keanu?
TCTTS
AG

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/priyanka-chopra-jonas-joins-matrix-4-1203482683/
Gigem314
AG
So we're getting a bearded Neo? Nice!
Texaggie7nine
7nine
hunter2012
AG
Has it been discussed the theory that even the "real world" was just another level of the matrix. Basically the humanity accepts the "real world" because they get to rage against the machines to their hearts content all the while they're still rats in a maze just going through the motions over and over(the architect even directly talks about the cycle and the need for choice for some humans). I'd be fine if 4 ran with this concept somehow.
TCTTS
AG
Welcome to 2003.
TCTTS
AG
So cool to see. I take this as confirmation that Reeves and Moss are playing their actual ages and aren't de-aged for some weird prequel as some have suspected. Though, rumors persist that Yahya Abdul-Mateen II is playing a young Morpheus, but maybe that's just one timeline. Considering this has to be the digital world/Matrix we're seeing in these pics, my guess is that Reeves' and Moss' digital avatars have lived on somehow while their real-world selves remain deceased, but who knows.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Texaggie7nine

Welp, that's definitely the Wachowskis
7nine
TCTTS
AG
For the record, it's only one of them - Lana/Larry (in the video) - who wrote and is directing this one. Apparently they had a falling out and the other one isn't involved.
TCTTS
AG
With production now having officially commenced on this movie, Warner Bros. now has a fourth Matrix movie, a massive Batman reboot, and an insane Suicide Squad sequel directed by James Gunn, all in production at the exact same time, all slated for summer 2021. Crazy.
Texaggie7nine
Well damn. Hard to imagine the other brother/sister would let him/her take their greatest creation into her own hands
7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.