*** THE MATRIX 4 ***

87,578 Views | 841 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I love meta stuff, the very reason I'm excited for Scream 5.

Bring it.
YouBet
AG
Seems like a 60/40 positive/negative outcome reading those reviews.

However, if it's as compassionate as Rob Zombies Halloween II then I'm totally in.
Faustus
YouBet said:

However, if it's as compassionate as Rob Zombies Halloween II then I'm totally in.
I'm hoping for more of a Devil's Rejects level of compassion for our veteran characters, but with less Free Bird.
jokershady
AG
The comparison to gremlins 2 really surprised me. Can't wait to see this!!!
YouBet
AG
Faustus said:

YouBet said:

I'm hoping for more of a Devil's Rejects level of compassion for our veteran characters, but with less Free Bird.

That could work too. Hopefully, by the end, it will have some of the feel good themes of Faces of Death.
The Porkchop Express
AG
I'm going to need critics to start writing a 1,000-word essay on what "meta" means before they are allowed to use that word in a review.
YouBet
AG
Some of these reviews read as if this movie is almost a spoof of itself. Like it's the Naked Gun version of The Matrix.
GCRanger
AG
I was really excited for this after the first trailer. Not so much after the second trailer. IMO the second trailer gives too much away and just looked like a rehash of the original movie (I guess that is what the meta reviews mean), like The Force Awakens a rehash of A New Hope, hey another death star. Also looks like Trinity will end up having similar powers as The One, or become The One, and be the hero. I could be completely wrong. The 2nd trailer just took out the steam for me and made it seem blah, which reviews are starting to confirm. Underwhelmed, which sucks, because I love the first movie and have seen it 20+ times. That being said, I'll still go see it, but at matinee price. Hopefully, pleasantly surprised.
Tibbers
jokershady said:

The comparison to gremlins 2 really surprised me. Can't wait to see this!!!

Gremlins 2 is one of the few movies that's better than its predecessor. That's what I like to hear!
TCTTS
AG
https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXmg5IzgXfH/?utm_medium=copy_link
The Dog Lord
AG
GCRanger said:

I was really excited for this after the first trailer. Not so much after the second trailer. IMO the second trailer gives too much away and just looked like a rehash of the original movie (I guess that is what the meta reviews mean), like The Force Awakens a rehash of A New Hope, hey another death star. Also looks like Trinity will end up having similar powers as The One, or become The One, and be the hero. I could be completely wrong. The 2nd trailer just took out the steam for me and made it seem blah, which reviews are starting to confirm. Underwhelmed, which sucks, because I love the first movie and have seen it 20+ times. That being said, I'll still go see it, but at matinee price. Hopefully, pleasantly surprised.

I was a bit disappointed in what seem like significant reveals in trailer 2. Would rather they have kept them a surprise. Still pretty pumped for this though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just finished my series rewatch, and I'm at the point where I can say Revolutions is a good movie. For as bad as the initial reception was, for me the movie has gotten better and better on each subsequent viewing. I think the movie has aged very well, and will continue to.

Still the weakest entry, but not a bad movie.

There's always new stuff I catch, or things I hold onto that didn't really grip me in the first few viewings.

For example, pretty much everything from the moment the sentinels reach Zion to the Logos arriving and blowing the EMP is pretty badass. It's 30 uninterrupted minutes of cool sci-fi action in the vein of Aliens or Avatar.

At the time, I think I and most people just wanted to go back to the Matrix to see the fighting and action we'd come to expect. But putting that expectation aside, it's a very well done battle with plenty of little arcs within the action.

I love Kid's arc, starting with his introduction in the Animatrix, to saving the day in the battle to get the gate open. (With the help of Link's wife who had some great scenes as well.)

I also really enjoy the arc Morpheus goes through, from being so absolutely certain about Neo's destiny, to a crisis of faith that lasts for most of the movie. Really makes that final moment that much better when Kid yells the war is over.

Trinity and Neo flying into the sky above the sentinels is also a great moment.

While I still don't love the nightclub shootout or the final battle with Smith, they're not terrible. Plus the final Smith battle is far better than the burly brawl in Reloaded.

All in all, if Matrix is a 10 and Reloaded is a 8.5-9, this is now a very solid 8 for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, after the Matrix is rebooted at the end, the green tint is gone, and everything is sort of bathed in sunlight with very saturated colors.

This is the same look of the Matrix in the trailers for Resurrections.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
AG
cbr
AG
fwiw, i was pretty blown away by the matrix, as i saw with no expectations whatsoever. when my friend and i walked out we were like 'wow, that was pretty amazing.'

loved the second movie too. dont really understand everyone bagging on it.

really didnt like the third much at all, so i guess i fall in line with most on that.

hope this one is really good.
TCTTS
AG
Tibbers
It's interesting just how bad the second and third movie were that people really have to be talked into seeing the fourth. Even twenty years later the bad taste has never left.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Tibbers said:

It's interesting just how bad the second and third movie were that people really have to be talked into seeing the fourth. Even twenty years later the bad taste has never left.
Two of his best!

MBAR
AG
Do people really think Reloaded is bad? For me its not as good as the first, but its still a hell of a great action movie with some of the best action scenes of all time. The highway scene is one of the best scenes in any action movie ever, IMO.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.