*** THE MATRIX 4 ***

81,816 Views | 841 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is actually happening, and looking to film soon...

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/matrix-4-keanu-reeves-carrie-anne-moss-lana-wachowski-1203307955/

TCTTS
AG
We knew there were plenty of rumblings of a soft reboot, and I was expecting some kind of announcement relatively soon. I never imagined most of the original cast would be back, though, considering the two coming back died in the third movie. I guess in the computer world, anything is possible...
bobinator
AG
Matrix 4: Agent Smith Rides Again?
Sex Panther
AG
I love Keanu but as long as a Wachowski... whatever, is attached to this I won't get my hopes up. They are absolutely terrible now.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Will all the main characters have sex changes in the movie?
Neah and Trinitor? Morphanie?
exitone
AG
Came here to post this. Darn it. Got beat.
I'm a huge Matrix fan. The first one was epic and one of my favorites. But it steadily declined over the next two. I'm not sure how much faith I have in Lana (ha, ha) to come up with something good, but I will be there on opening day.
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther said:

I love Keanu but as long as a Wachowski... whatever, is attached to this I won't get my hopes up. They are absolutely terrible now.

It's weird that only one is involved and that the other sibling has absolutely nothing to do with it, seeing as they wrote/directed the trilogy together. Either way, I'm curious, but yeah, not very confident in this turning out great.

Btw, the newest ridiculous trend I've been seeing on Twitter is people naming their favorite movies directed by women and naming The Matrix in their lists. I'm all for people living however they want to live, as whoever they want to be, but retroactively saying The Matrix was directed by women is one of the dumbest, most maddening things I can think of.
Sex Panther
AG
How dare you...

#CancelTCTTS
TCTTS
AG
Dro07
AG
but... I thought it was a trilogy? There aren't 4 in a trilogy unless we are updating the definition of trilogy
TCTTS
AG
From the journalist who broke the story. Never mind that he calls him "Morbius" (he corrects himself in the replies), I still don't understand how this would make sense. A young Morpheus would set this before they freed Thomas Anderson, aka Neo, from The Matrix. Not to mention, Moss, at least, looks way older now...

Sex Panther
AG
A trilogy can identify as whatever it wants
TCTTS
G Martin 87
AG
Douglas Adams did it first, I think.
TCTTS
AG
Dro07
AG
so ready player two?
HeadGames
AG
That is sad. Ignoring the obvious reason why that is a ridiculous choice. The matrix was amazing for its time, but really isn't great. While Kathryn Bigelow makes great movies. She should have been everyone's first pick.
TCTTS
AG
HeadGames said:

The matrix was amazing for its time, but really isn't great.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

15 year old me is doing backflips right now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
HeadGames said:

That is sad. Ignoring the obvious reason why that is a ridiculous choice. The matrix was amazing for its time, but really isn't great. While Kathryn Bigelow makes great movies. She should have been everyone's first pick.
The hell you talking about?

One of the best and most influential sci-fi movies ever made.
HeadGames
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

HeadGames said:

The hell you talking about?

One of the best and most influential sci-fi movies ever made.

You mean a rip off of Dark City? Sure.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm all about this Keanussance. May it continue to flourish.
PatAg
AG
This is a bad opinion, re Matrix not being good
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

Either way, I'm curious, but yeah, not very confident in this turning out great.

Are you talking about the movie or the gender change?
dave99ag
AG
I'm all for original Matrix, but not sure I can handle a version of the 3rd installment.

Also, did both transition or just one?
TCTTS
AG
Both. Larry/Lana transitioned around 2008. Andrew/Lilly transitioned around 2016.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The Matrix is mind-blowingly good.

The sequels.......................pretty much suck. The second one had that highway chase and Monica Bellucci in a corset, so it was okay. I think I saw the last one in the theater and that's my only viewing. It was terrible.

Don't really care about a fourth anymore.

You're welcome.
TCTTS
AG
Madmarttigan
AG
I still had an appreciation for the 2nd and 3rd for their music and action scenes. I know people hated the story but I still liked them.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm all about this Keanussance. May it continue to flourish.
What really matters
Urban Ag
AG
Sex Panther said:

A trilogy can identify as whatever it wants
Since this is the fourth film wouldn't it be a tetrad or quadruplicate identifying as a trilogy? Or whatever it wants?
MBAR
AG
I just want to point out, its possible to have a discussion about this movie without caring what genders someone may or may not identify as. As always, it was the people who allegedly don't care who brought it up for no reason what so ever (and then continued to make multiple posts about it).

If you really don't care about something, then you usually don't mention it. You certainly don't harp on it. Let people live their lives as long as it doesn't affect you. Its not that hard.

As for the Matrix 4, hard pass. I love the first one, and I even really really like the second one contrary to most people. The third is a throwaway, but its definitely been a downward trend since the first and there's no reason to expect this to be good based on what the duo has done since then.
canadiaggie
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

The sequels.......................pretty much suck. The second one had that highway chase and Monica Bellucci in a corset, so it was okay. I think I saw the last one in the theater and that's my only viewing. It was terrible.

You're welcome.

I saw this movie when I was 9 or 10 and I'm 100% sure Monica's Bellucci singlehandedly kickstarted puberty for me
MBAR
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

You're welcome.

The fight scenes in the second, both in the castle and on the highway, are easily some of my favorite of all time. Plus the soundtrack that goes to them just fits so well, IMO. I really enjoyed the scenes inside the Matrix in part 2 but everything outside of it and the overall plot is definitely meh. Still, the fight scenes are SO damn good.
canadiaggie
AG
tv1113 said:

I still had an appreciation for the 2nd and 3rd for their music and action scenes. I know people hated the story but I still liked them.

Revolutions had Neo and Smith square off to an full choir rendition of a Sanskrit Vedic hymn. Epic.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.