*** ALIEN: COVENANT *** (Prometheus Sequel / Alien Prequel)

64,330 Views | 494 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
West Point Aggie
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AGSPORTSFAN07
Max Power
AG
TCTTS said:

Who did he hear these really good things from? This is the guy that was the self-professed voice of reason on the GotG Vol. 2 thread.
wangus12
AG
Probably heard it from Texags. We are a reliable source, at least according to ESPN
Flashdiaz
AG
Max Power said:

TCTTS said:

Who did he hear these really good things from? This is the guy that was the self-professed voice of reason on the GotG Vol. 2 thread.
probably means everyone else doesn't like it.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Max Power said:

Well that's just great.
TCTTS
AG
How does someone's opinion of another movie affect what they've heard from other people? You guys are reading WAY too much into this.
Flashdiaz
AG
TCTTS said:

How does someone's opinion of another movie affect what they've heard from other people? You guys are reading WAY too much into this.
because his other tweet about GotG2 started off with 'hate to be the voice of reason...' which is an incredibly condescending and douschy thing to say. So his opinion has been rendered invalid.
TCTTS
AG
But it's not his opinion. If you hear "good things" from someone else, that's the opinion of whoever he was talking to, not is. Ha, I've never seen a single tweet cause so much unwarranted b*tching on this board.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
As much as I want this movie not to suck, let's just remember that early reviews for Prometheus were "it's good" to "it's great!"

And that movie was the most technically beautiful piece of sh*t ever.
Flashdiaz
AG
TCTTS said:

But it's not his opinion. If you hear "good things" from someone else, that's the opinion of whoever he was talking to, not is. Ha, I've never seen a single tweet cause so much unwarranted b*tching on this board.
true. regardless, I don't give a **** what anybody says about these movies, good or bad. Looks good enough for me to go see them.
Urban Ag
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

As much as I want this movie not to suck, let's just remember that early reviews for Prometheus were "it's good" to "it's great!"

And that movie was the most technically beautiful piece of sh*t ever.
That's a fantastic way of describing Prometheus. Huge anticipation for me and then a big let down. I don't think this franchise has produced anything since Aliens that I find noteworthy. I have no expectations for Covenant, which is probably a good thing.
Max Power
AG
TCTTS said:

And his Twitter handle is a pun, this isn't the zoo, we're all pretty objective here.
West Point Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Do you TexAgs much?? You should venture over to the football or old rivalries boards when the inevitable football implosions take place! Ugly yet oddly entertaining!!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
West Point Aggie said:

TCTTS said:

Do you TexAgs much?? You should venture over to the football or old rivalries boards when the inevitable football implosions take place! Ugly yet oddly entertaining!!
I'll save you the trouble, as it goes like this:

First third of the season: WE ARE AWESOME. WE ARE GOING TO WIN IT ALL.

Second third: OH MAN, BAMA IS JUST LOADED. BUT WE HUNG WITH THEM FOR 5 MINUTES. WE WILL GET THEM NEXT YEAR.

Last third: F*** HOW DID WE F***IN LOSE TO THE FREAKING MISSISSIPPI SCHOOLS AGAIN? F*** WE SUCK. LSU IS GOING TO GO IN DRY. WE CAN NOT POSSIBLY SUCK ANY MORE THAN THIS. tu WOULD SLAP US AROUND. WE BLEW THE JOHNNY EFFECT.
Sex Panther
AG
If you don't like Guardians of the Galaxy... then get a dog
Farmer1906
AG
Anyone in Houston want passes?

http://www.sandwichjohnfilms.com/2017/04/houston-alien-covenant-advance-screening.html
OnlyForNow
AG
That only says San An.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
OnlyForNow said:

That only says San An.
When I tell a non-local that I live in Katy, I generally add "otherwise known as East San Antonio"
OnlyForNow
AG
Lol. I live in between richmond and fulshear so I know what you mean.
amercer
AG
I think I enjoyed this thread more than I would the movie.

I actually think there is a ton of potential for mythology and world building--and that's what really had me excited for Prometheus.

At the end of the day I just have zero interest in horror movies. I look forward to all the mythology and speculation on texags though.
Farmer1906
AG
OnlyForNow said:

That only says San An.
Maybe Houston sold out. It worked for me. Edwards at the Marque.
OnlyForNow
AG
Did you automatically get tickets or did you have to enter the drawing?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

At the end of the day I just have zero interest in horror movies
I've never actually considered these to be horror movies. Sure there are elements of abject terror but I consider these to be science fiction
Max Power
AG
OnlyForNow
AG
Holy sheeet.

ok I just watched that

I'd say MAJOR SPOILERS in there for major story lines.
The Debt
"What if a Prometheus sequel isn't any better?"
"Just as long as it isn't any worse."
Max Power
AG
I can only hope that when David opens the bay door right before he drops the payload he does something like this.

OnlyForNow
AG
LOL.. WU-TANG for life!
Noblemen06
AG
I'm clued out about most things marketing but is it not strange to release that online before the movie comes out?? Seems way too integral to bridging the gap between Prometheus and Covenant...perhaps that's the point? Guessing we don't see this in the final cut in theaters?
TCTTS
AG
Feels to me like a shortened version of the opening sequence of the movie. If not that, maybe David's voice over is him telling the Covenant crew what happened, and this is a shortened version from later in the movie? Either way, yeah, it's weird how they keep releasing these prologues, with no indication as to whether we're watching legit in-movie footage or not.
TCTTS
AG
Not complaining, though, as both sequences have been pretty great.
West Point Aggie
AG
Noblemen06 said:

I'm clued out about most thinks marketing but is it not strange to release that online before the movie comes out?? Seems way too integral to bridging the gap between Prometheus and Covenant...perhaps that's the point? Guessing we don't see this in the final cut in theaters?

Like with all the cut stuff from Prometheus and even Aliens (1986) then it just simply makes the movie "less good"...let's hope Scott is not a bonehead about it...keeping Shaw out of Covenant would be epic stupid...however short her stint may be...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.