*** ALIEN: COVENANT *** (Prometheus Sequel / Alien Prequel)

64,323 Views | 494 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
V8Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmyag08 said:

Gibson's first draft for Alien 3 contains a number of new ideas - such as infectious gas seeping from alien eggs, and a new form of queen that also emits a gassy mutagen - but certain portions of the story read like fairly straight retreads of scenes from Alien. Towards the end of the script, Hicks leads a group of barely-trained young Colonial Marines into an alien nest, where they fight the flatulent queen mentioned above.

Sorry to interject politics here but did anyone else think of Queen Hillary and her cabbage farts when they read this?
Flashdiaz
AG
V8Aggie said:

oldarmyag08 said:

Gibson's first draft for Alien 3 contains a number of new ideas - such as infectious gas seeping from alien eggs, and a new form of queen that also emits a gassy mutagen - but certain portions of the story read like fairly straight retreads of scenes from Alien. Towards the end of the script, Hicks leads a group of barely-trained young Colonial Marines into an alien nest, where they fight the flatulent queen mentioned above.

Sorry to interject politics here but did anyone else think of Queen Hillary and her cabbage farts when they read this?
um, no. until now, i've never thought about queen hillary and her cabbage farts but thanks, i'll probably remember that when I watch this movie.
V8Aggie
AG
Flashdiaz said:

V8Aggie said:

oldarmyag08 said:

um, no. until now, i've never thought about queen hillary and her cabbage farts but thanks, i'll probably remember that when I watch this movie.
I'm sorry and not sorry. Please don't hate me
Matt_ag98
I love the franchise but watching this trailer and seeing the interaction between James Franco and Danny McBride all I can picture is they are making the "Pineapple Express 3 Trailer, In Space" ala from "This is the End" I love those actors but I was just cracking up inside in the first minute into it
TCTTS
AG
I hear you. I thought I'd be able to look past it, but when watching that trailer I just can't help but crack a smile and think it's all an elaborate ruse.
Max Power
AG
**Spoilers**

The last scene will be very similar to this, except no Seth Rogen, and it's at a space diner.

TCTTS
AG
That actually made me laugh out loud. A "space diner" at the end of a movie like this, with those three, would be everything.
Sex Panther
AG
It's my chestburster's birthday today. I'm baking it a cake... Maybe he went to heaven. He was a little ****er, he could've gone to hell
TCTTS
AG
New, full trailer red band trailer scheduled to hit this week with Logan. Just FYI.
DB Coach
AG
Did I misinterpret something or is there a gay couple on this colonizing mission?
TCTTS
AG
Definitely a gay couple. I guess they could have kids through a surrogate.
West Point Aggie
AG
It's 10 years after Prometheus? So it's 2102...I suspect gay issues won't be as sensitive a thing as in 2017!
titanmaster_race
so, you spend supplies for 3 people to make 1 baby, instead of 2 for 1 baby?
TCTTS
AG
Or one of the women in the other couples could carry it. It doesn't have to be an additional body.
titanmaster_race
Then you'd be tying up the womb of a couple that would otherwise already be having a baby.

If procreating is the primary purpose, it doesn't make sense to bring 2 men as a couple. Unless there's also a lesbian couple....?

This hypothetical is getting weird.
titanmaster_race
to be fair, bringing along an infertile hetero couple also wouldn't make sense
TCTTS
AG
I hear you. Taking this hypothetical even further, though, in this imaginary world, I'm sure it had to do with all types of people being represented for some reason or another. Yes, procreation would be the primary purpose, but the cultural or scientific aspects wouldn't be denied. Maybe it's as simple as having a gay couple there just so a kid can actually see that dynamic in person, or maybe there's some kind of genetic testing being done in a non-Earth atmosphere. Who knows?
jabberwalkie09
AG
titanmaster_race said:

Then you'd be tying up the womb of a couple that would otherwise already be having a baby.

If procreating is the primary purpose, it doesn't make sense to bring 2 men as a couple. Unless there's also a lesbian couple....?

This hypothetical is getting weird.
It's a colony ship right? Couldn't it also possibly be that there are additional passengers on the ship in stasis?
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, in that opening shot of the Last Supper video the ship looked massive. That said, I doubt the cast balloons much past what it already is. But if so, I wonder why we're only following this particular group, or why they're the only ones currently awake, etc.
Sex Panther
AG
That's an awful lotta people to kill
titanmaster_race
Totally agree that there are more reasons to take someone along than just having babies.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

Yeah, in that opening shot of the Last Supper video the ship looked massive. That said, I doubt the cast balloons much past what it already is. But if so, I wonder why we're only following this particular group, or why they're the only ones currently awake, etc.
I'm going to guess they never actually reach their final destination for whatever reason, and then people start dying.
TCTTS
AG
That's interesting. I just assumed that the planet they land on is the planet they were intending to go to, but now that I think about it, I forgot that they intercept a message from android-David or something along those lines. So maybe they're all about to go into cryo - maybe the last group to do so - when they get a call and decide to take a smaller ship to go check it out for some reason? Still seems like a slightly wobbly premise, though.
TCTTS
AG
Just went back and checked and there are definitely two ships; the bigger, massive one floating through space and then approaching the planet, but then a group definitely takes a different, smaller ship to the surface. So the theory holds water...

jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah, I agree. It was something that I cam up with relatively quickly as a reason why it would focus around the smaller main command crew. Though, I hope the reason for why they go down is stronger than just "hey we have a signal, let's all go check it out and die in the process."
israeliag
AG
Possible that all babies are made and incubated invetro Gattaca style. In which case a gay couple might actually be pretty efficient.

Hoping to see two David's occupy the same screen.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Also, that's a great idea, re: invetro.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

Also, that's a great idea, re: invetro.
Agreed, maybe artificial womb for same sex couples would be an option?
TCTTS
AG
Now I'm wondering how David created that room/structure, or where it came from. At the end of Prometheus he and Shaw took one of the Engineer's horseshoe-shaped ships to whatever planet he's on now (presumably the home of the Engineers). So is this room somehow on that ship? Or did he build it himself? And where did he get the piano? It also looks a lot like the room Charlize Theron's character was in on the Prometheus ship, just way bigger. Actually, speaking of, maybe this room is on the bigger colony ship?
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, good point. It takes our simple, 21st century minds a bit to come around.
titanmaster_race
I'm guessing hologram
TCTTS
AG
The whole room?
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

We'll I may have to bail out of this thread now. That looks stunning though. Similar to Prometheus this will probably be worth seeing in 3D.
israeliag
AG
Well holograms could be small and appear big. Or its Augmented Reality.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.