*** ALIEN: COVENANT *** (Prometheus Sequel / Alien Prequel)

64,306 Views | 494 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
MGS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:

Prometheus had a similar video in the months before release about the creation of David. None of it ended up in the film itself. This is merely just a "fun" marketing piece.
I loved that fake TED Talk done for the film.
WestAustinAg
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Not sure i follow the point of this release...other than a way to understand Walter/David?

Is this part of the movie?

So Walter is powered by AMD...wonder what happens to Intel in the future...
Max Power
AG
https://www.fandango.com/movie-news/how-noomi-rapace-will-return-for-alien-covenant-plus-at-least-four-more-alien-movies-in-the-works-752049?cjid=cj_10504407_2470763_j0e6eeicd2012d48001nr

So the next film is titled Alien: Awakening, and it takes place between Prometheus and Covenant? So following the sequel of the prequel there will a prequel of the sequel...or a sequel to the original prequel?
TCTTS
AG
I honestly wouldn't listen to anything Scott says at the moment. He also says there's going to be ANOTHER trilogy after this one, but still set before Alien, and that he wants to direct them all. If so, he'd be over 90 years old when the final movie hits. That, and none of these plans mean a thing without the right response to Covenant.
TCTTS
AG
But for the sake of indulging him, just to clarify, this is the timeline/order of events he's proposing (the years with question marks are strictly my guesses)...

- 01) Prometheus (2012)
- 02) Alien: Awakening (2020?)
- 03) Alien: Covenant (2017)

- 04) Untitled Alien Prequel 1 (2023?)
- 05) Untitled Alien Prequel 2 (2026?)
- 06) Untitled Alien Prequel 3 (2029?)

- 07) Alien (1979)
- 08) Aliens (1986)
- 09) Alien 3 (1992)
- 10) Alien: Resurrection (1996)

... and the Alien vs. Predator movies would obviously fall before Prometheus in the timeline, but I'm not even bothering with those.
Sex Panther
AG
Are these movies being handled by Scott Free?
Max Power
AG
TCTTS said:

I honestly wouldn't listen to anything Scott says at the moment. He also says there's going to be ANOTHER trilogy after this one, but still set before Alien, and that he wants to direct them all. If so, he'd be over 90 years old when the final movie hits. That, and none of these plans mean a thing without the right response to Covenant.
I think before he kicks the bucket they need to get going on a tv show about Weyland-Yutani, but I want it to be like Better Off Ted. Maybe they have some loveable engineers that say stuff like "Sorry Flanders, I was working on a formula for cold fusion and I accidently proved God doesn't exist." Or it could be just like the space episode of News Radio, lots of format options. What other kinds of horrible things do they have to deal with in customer service when those androids go bad?

In all honesty I think a tv show based around what that company does could a lot of fun, with the right show-runner. Could do lots of back story on Peter Weyland, the business dealings, likely high levels of political corruption, and so on.
TCTTS
AG
Yep. In conjunction with 20th Century Fox.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

and the Alien vs. Predator movies
The first of those is actually one of the better movies in this overall series, in a King Kong vs Godzilla way ... the second was dog crap.
Max Power
AG
The first one is a fun popcorn movie. The second is great terrible movie, it makes no sense. Its not a fun movie to watch by yourself without booze, but great fun if you're drinking with friends.
TCTTS
AG
Poster of the year so far...

TCTTS
AG
Max Power
AG
Wasn't the film originally going to be titled Alien: Paradise Lost?
TCTTS
AG
I think just Alien: Paradise.
redline248
AG
Did you miss the GotG Vol2 poster?

Though I do agree this one is good
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

That is an epic poster.
Phat32
AG
So much **** going down in that poster that I don't want any part of
OnlyForNow
AG
Can we get some folks to lighten it up, contrast it etc so we can pick apart the details??
maca1028
TCTTS said:

Are those engineers?
TCTTS
AG
I believe so. That was my first thought.
Max Power
AG

Noblemen06
AG
Do I spy the deacon xenomorph from Prometheus?
Max Power
AG
Not sure if its that or one of the neomorphs, all happened so quickly. New footage in there if anyone hasn't seen these 3 TV spots.
White Liberals=The Worst
Very interested to see how Danny McBride does in this type of role.
TCTTS
AG
Hell yes. Great new spot...

jeffk
AG
That John Denver was full of crap.
West Point Aggie
AG
Their marketing and choice of music from Auroras cover of NKC's classic to JDs tune has been nicely done!
Max Power
AG
Secret bonus teaser.

https://instagr.am/p/BScf4tFhV49
Quad Dog
AG
Will I be classified as an old man if I say the old practical Aliens look better than the new CGI ones in the trailer?
hurleyag
AG
No. I agree.
AgMarauder04
AG
How dumb are these colonists? As soon as I start seeing these dead bodies, I know something REALLY bad happened and it's time to peace tf out.

Not to mention the egg opening up. What the hell man
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Max Power said:

Secret bonus teaser.

https://instagr.am/p/BScf4tFhV49

Is that supposed to be Elizabeth Shaw in this shot? That clip shows a dogtag bearing her name, and this is clearly the video recording technology we saw of the Engineers in Prometheus. Guess I could just wait a few more weeks ...
Quad Dog
AG
The shot of that window eight seconds into the trailer is cool. Straight from the ISS Cupola.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Is that taken from the inside of a TIE fighter?

(I realize it's 8 panels around an octagon)

AGinHI
AG
Quad Dog said:

Will I be classified as an old man if I say the old practical Aliens look better than the new CGI ones in the trailer?
Put me down as old...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.