*** ALIEN: COVENANT *** (Prometheus Sequel / Alien Prequel)

64,300 Views | 494 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely my favorite.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

Aliens vs Idiots

That was such a better title
redline248
AG
That poster
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Quote:

That picture of the city is pretty incredible and haunting. Really curious if they were dead prior to David's arrival, or if he had something to do with their demise. The ship had enough goo to poison an entire planet, and maybe that's what he did, creating an entire planet that's his own laboratory.

If he sent the distress signal, which is most likely, what was his goal?
-Get a ship there and leave?
-Use his experiments to kill humans, because he can?
-Needs test subjects?

Found this on IMDB;
http://www.imdb.com/list/ls064061628/#5

[spoiler possibly]

the planet may have been previously occupied by humans who worshipped the engineers
TCTTS
AG
Red band trailer, which is nearly identical to the other, except with maybe two new shots, a bit more blood, and an F-bomb...

Jason Ag
AG
At 0:22 is that the waterfall from the beginning of Prometheus? (shooting from the hip here)
redline248
AG
Unlikely. I assumed it was on the new planet, and in Prometheus it was on Earth.
OnlyForNow
AG
I assumed that too... but now that I think about it... if as someone postulated.... what if this planet also had humans on it, and that scene is this planet?
Max Power
AG
The next one is ready to go when given a green light.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/821829-ridley-scott-says-next-alien-movie-already-written-could-shoot-in-2018#/slide/1
TCTTS
AG
That's actually pretty remarkable.
Jason Ag
AG
Quote:

"You've got to assume to a certain extent success and from that you'd better be ready," Scott said. "You don't want a two-year gap. So I'll be ready to go again next year."

1. Word "Alien" in title? Check
2. Xenomorph in preview? Check
3. Sigourney Weaver? - Hahaha who cares?
4. Money will be made.
AgMarauder04
AG
oldarmyag08 said:

Quote:

"You've got to assume to a certain extent success and from that you'd better be ready," Scott said. "You don't want a two-year gap. So I'll be ready to go again next year."

1. Word "Alien" in title? Check
2. Xenomorph in preview? Check
3. Sigourney Weaver? - Hahaha who cares?
4. Money will be made.

After Rogue One, I keep expecting the final prequel to be some kind of shot of CGI Ripley on the Nostromo departing.
Jason Ag
AG
Tread lightly, I have yet to see Rogue 1 and have managed to avoid spoilers. DVD comes out April 4th.
wangus12
AG
Thats your own damn fault for missing an excellent movie in theatres
Jason Ag
AG
One of the more valuable life lessons I've learned the hard way is to try and not judge people or circumstances from the outside.

Going back to my post, even though I used the "mad face", I am not angry about the post and should have been more polite. The movie has been out a while, and I don't expect to not hear anything. I'm glad to hear it is a fine movie and greatly look forward to watching it.
Phat32
AG
oldarmyag08 said:

Tread lightly, I have yet to see Rogue 1 and have managed to avoid spoilers. DVD comes out April 4th.
Sympathy level -100
hunter2012
AG
oldarmyag08 said:

Jason Ag
AG
rasher said:

oldarmyag08 said:

Sympathy level -100

Not seeking sympathy, but since we're talking star wars the ribbing may grow exponentially, so I'm out for a while.
Cromagnum
AG
Guys, he clearly doesn't want to hear about the camo of robotic Darth Maul coming back to fight force ghost Qui-gon Jinn. Just let him find out for himself.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Cromagnum said:

Guys, he clearly doesn't want to hear about the camo of robotic Darth Maul coming back to fight force ghost Qui-gon Jinn. Just let him find out for himself.

Yeah but what about Sith Yoda vs Clone Jedi Palpatine who brings Yoda back to the light side before being dispatched by not-Dead Ex-Jedi Mace Windu who, thinking he got revenge on the Emperor, then commits light saber harikari?
wangus12
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Cromagnum said:

Yeah but what about Sith Yoda vs Clone Jedi Palpatine who brings Yoda back to the light side before being dispatched by not-Dead Ex-Jedi Mace Windu who, thinking he got revenge on the Emperor, then commits light saber harikari?
Sounds like a better movie than Moonlight!
Cromagnum
AG
So we know there is at least one neomorph from the spores and we know there is at least one xenomorph because of the eggs and the previewed facehugger attack. I wonder if they infight? That big mofo headbutting the ship surely is the xenomorph right?
V8Aggie
AG
Cromagnum said:

So we know there is at least one neomorph from the spores and we know there is at least one xenomorph because of the eggs and the previewed facehugger attack. I wonder if they infight? That big mofo headbutting the ship surely is the xenomorph right?
99.9% sure.
Max Power
AG
Perhaps even a 3rd type. The ones produced by the spores are the neomorphs, the ones produced by the fachugger in this movie are supposedly protomorphs. The huge one attacking the ship looks bigger than the one in the trailer attacking the couple in the shower. If so it is likely from an engineer. In the original screenplay to Prometheus those were called ultramorphs.
Cromagnum
AG
Im curious as to where the hell the facehugger eggs came from then. Im sure David is to blame somehow, but something had to lay them in the first place.
OnlyForNow
AG
We aren't just taking my word for the spores being directly responsible for the neomorphs/ XXXXXmoprhs on this planet are we?

I mean I'm a biological scientist so it seems like a given to me that those spores set off something in the movie, but I don't know what it is.
redline248
AG
My guess, which I've posted before, is that the spore causes whatever happens to the guy whose spine is ripping out of his back in the trailer. That's clearly different than a face hugger/chest burster
OnlyForNow
AG
Indeed. To be honest I ever put those two together but your hypothesis makes sense!
Charlie Delta
Cromagnum said:

Im curious as to where the hell the facehugger eggs came from then. Im sure David is to blame somehow, but something had to lay them in the first place.

Maybe the spores create a queen in some organism which then lays the eggs?
West Point Aggie
AG
Not sure i follow the point of this release...other than a way to understand Walter/David?

Is this part of the movie?

OnlyForNow
AG
Part of it seems like it is from the movie, but it may end up cut.

We've seen a scene or a still with david standing in front of that big window.
West Point Aggie
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Part of it seems like it is from the movie, but it may end up cut.

We've seen a scene or a still with david standing in front of that big window.

Perhaps a "look back"?

TCTTS
AG
Prometheus had a similar video in the months before release about the creation of David. None of it ended up in the film itself. This is merely just a "fun" marketing piece.
zgood10
AG
https://meetwalter.com/
West Point Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

Prometheus had a similar video in the months before release about the creation of David. None of it ended up in the film itself. This is merely just a "fun" marketing piece.

Thanks...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.