*** ALIEN: COVENANT *** (Prometheus Sequel / Alien Prequel)

64,291 Views | 494 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Cinco Ranch Aggie
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's absolutely no way she came back just for a 2-minute prologue released solely on the internet. Granted, I doubt she's in the movie much, but she'll be in it for sure - even if just an extended version of this sequence.
OnlyForNow
AG
It makes it seem like it won't be in the movie, but you clearly see David with the bay doors open and a WHOLE bunch of those weapon tubes
DB Coach
AG
The end of this prologue has to be what lead to the destruction in the clip we saw in one of the trailers, referenced in a screenshot at the top of page 6 of this thread. That would be David (or Shaw) walking among the ruins of those bombs.
West Point Aggie
AG
TCTTS said:

There's absolutely no way she came back just for a 2-minute prologue released solely on the internet. Granted, I doubt she's in the movie much, but she'll be in it for sure - even if just an extended version of this sequence.

Crossing my fingers...this movie needs her to bridge the two...it will be sad to see how she meets her demise...
redline248
AG
Just watched that clip. I can't believe she trusted that fcker enough to put him back together.
West Point Aggie
AG
redline248 said:

Just watched that clip. I can't believe she trusted that fcker enough to put him back together.

She kinda needed him...notice she's in the same suit she was in at the end or Prometheus...assuming that happened before the juggernaut took off?
V8Aggie
AG
Probably doesn't matter, but anyone curious what the large structure is that moves toward the ship (and then appears to dock with)?
OnlyForNow
AG
Sure... but it's probably just a docking station.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
So... (speculation) David released the goo, which spawns an alien infestation that wipes out the engineers, then someone triggers a weapon that kills all life to stop the aliens, and that's why the crew arrives to find silent planet where only the dormant eggs have survived?
OnlyForNow
AG
Or so much time passed everything died.

Also, I saw another video on youtube that talks about the goo does turn them into morphs, but "pompei's them" so I don't know if that's the case or not.
zgood10
AG
Remember at the beginning of Prometheus, the engineer at the waterfall drinks the goo and disintegrates
The Debt
zgood10 said:

Remember at the beginning of Prometheus, the engineer at the waterfall drinks the goo and disintegrates

That was suppose to be how the engineers seeded earth.

Crazy idea that all the biodiversity of earth sprung forth out of an engineers body. Pretty cool though. But it doesn't answer the why.

If it were for colonization, why not just screw? Instead we will commit suicide and hope in 100 million years that some humanoid springs forth.
Max Power
AG
Best Audi commercial ever.

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
Speaking of, I would expect reactions from the premiere to start hitting soon...
TCTTS
AG
Only one I can find so far. Will post more when/if they become available...

TCTTS
AG
Just read that the review embargo lifts this Saturday evening - two weeks before it hits theaters, which means Fox must be pretty confident. No idea if Twitter reactions are allowed in the meantime, but I'm guessing not or there'd be way more right now.
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Well what you've posted from reactions gives me some hope for this one.

Looking at that picture of Tom Hardy, I find it difficult to believe that Chris Nolan cast that face as Bane, but then, all we really saw was the eyes so makes little difference ...

Regarding Alien Covenant, I told my wife that come May 19, I am seeing that, and she is welcome to tag along at her own risk, of course (she literally punched me in the arm when the snake thing grabbed that idiot scientist's arm in Prometheus, so I'm thinking an Alien movie in the theater is a no-go for her).

But here is the big problem I still have with this movie. When Alien came out in 1979, no one had ever seen anything quite like that. Ridley Scott was able to shock his audience in ways that were unimaginable, even to the point that I read a story that someone actually threw up during an advance screening in Dallas. What can he possibly do that will be remotely similar in effect this time around? The various sequels also faced this problem. Aliens is the best of the sequels by a million miles, but I have long contended that it is essentially Alien on steroids, with some window dressing changes, but there was nothing in there that we had not already seen, other than the queen I guess. Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection did nothing new. The AvP movies were comic book movies. Prometheus was quasi-related to these movies, and I think the birth scene was Ridley's way of capturing that same shock value that he got with the original movie's chest-burster. The birth scene was uncomfortable, squeamish, disgusting, but not particularly shocking.

So I will go in hoping that one guy's statement about a scary movie holds true.
TCTTS
AG

West Point Aggie
AG
As someone who really liked Prometheus, I'm almost certain I'm going to love Covenant!

My most anticipated movie since Star Trek rebooted!!
TCTTS
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Nice, even a 'Mother' on this ship. Now if this gal calls her a b*tch ...
Max Power
AG
Definitely curious if Mother has been programmed similarly to Mother in Alien, which will create a problem or two.
West Point Aggie
AG
Like a ****y Siri
Charlie Delta
Mother! MEATLOAF
TCTTS
AG
Director of Kong: Skull Island...

TCTTS
AG
Reviews hit last night and unfortunately I'm seeing a lot more bad than good. Though, a few critics I usually like/agree with were pretty into it. Definitely curious to see for myself in two weeks...
TCTTS
AG

Bruce Almighty
AG
79% so far. That seems to be more good than bad.
TCTTS
AG
True. Just reporting based mostly on my Twitter feed so far. That's good to hear.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Unfortunately, RT scores tend to go down as the release date approaches.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wish he'd done a proper sequel to Prometheus rather than going back to just another Alien movie.

I know a lot of people didn't like it but I absolutely loved Prometheus.
West Point Aggie
AG
So to some Prometheus was too blah and not alien-enough...

So naturally, to some covenant too alien-like and should have been truly a Prometheus sequel...

LOL...humans are funny!
SeattleAgJr
Prometheus sucked. This seems to suck , just slightly less.

Take the franchise away from the senile old grandpa.

Neil B should have been given a chance with the actual sequel to Aliens over more of this drek.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.