GIRLS on HBO...

55,313 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cone
Silver Arrows
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This episode was much better than the previous one. Most of the storylines are getting better, however I just don't like the Adam/Hannah line at all.
rhoswen
AG
WAIT! I'M YOUR NEW CRACK SPIRIT GUIDE!!!!
TMoney2007
AG
Much more respectable for Adam now.
HvilleAggie
AG
while frustrating to watch, I've seen multiple friends go through the Adam/Hannah roller coaster before, and I think it speaks a lot about what relationships mean to people 26 and under. I really like that they finally turned it around on Hannah and exposed her (again) for being utterly selfish in almost every relationship she has (friends, parents, Adam, random pharmacy guy, etc)

All in all, a great episode that made up for the Hannah's homecoming waste of an hour last week
TomHaverford
AG
"It makes no sense to get out now, you have pee on you."
nai06
AG
Adam is fast becoming my favorite character.
Losman
AG
Jessa and Marnie making out was so hot and awesome.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Was the loser guy Marnie and Jessa went home with the police officer in Bridesmaids?

IMDB doesn't have any guest actors listed.

Tonight was pretty good, but no Shoshanna unfortunately.
Elliot P. Campbell
AG
adam was nails in this episode

he's actually turning out to be one of the more fleshed out characters, which i wouldn't have expected

[This message has been edited by unicyclist_ag (edited 6/4/2012 1:23a).]
SlimM
AG
Adam is one of the most interesting characters on TV. I don't know whether I like him or hate him...but I definitely want to watch a show with him in it.
William Wallac
quote:
Was the loser guy Marnie and Jessa went home with the police officer in Bridesmaids?

That's who I thought it was also.
Losman
AG
Yes that was Chris O'Dowd from The IT Crowd.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Anyone else notice a little Irish accent that made it through when he got all upset he was getting double-cock-blocked?

For a second I thought he'd switched over as if his American voice was a cover when he met the girls initially. Or maybe I'm just hearing things.

Re: Adam

I used to hate him (or maybe I just hated the scenes when Hannah would go to his place bc they were confusing), but between the last two episodes he has become a very interesting character and someone on the show I genuinely like. Not something I can say about Hannah still, but it's not that I dislike her.. more like I feel like I understand her but would still not like to be friends if I could help it. Unless it gets me in with Marnie.

[This message has been edited by Inspector Spacetime (edited 6/4/2012 11:57a).]
marble rye
AG
Really disappointed in last night's episode.

Adam is now my favorite character, and the only notable thing was the mom telling that british slooty chick that she was an unhappy person.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. Wasn't watching the clock and was expecting at least another 5-10 minutes of story, then it just ended with the girls slamming the door.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
^ Had the same experience

Weak episode.
tylercsbn9
AG
Yeah. Last night was probably the weakest episode of the series.
Furlock Bones
AG
it seemed like there were only 2 real scenes in last nights episode. the mom/jessa and marnie/hannah ending. the whole show could have lasted 6 minutes.
AGgirl83
AG
Has anyone seen romy and michelle's highschool reunion? During that fight last night I kept thinking "I'm the Mary you're the Rhoda."

I'll be looking forward to Shoshana going on those match.com dates next season.
Jim01
AG
FYI, Lena Dunham is on Bill Simmons' podcast this week. I'm listening now and it's a good interview.
nai06
AG
last night seemed more of a setup episode I think it would be better if the episodes were 1 hour long instead of 30 min
TCTTS
AG
quote:
FYI, Lena Dunham is on Bill Simmons' podcast this week. I'm listening now and it's a good interview.

Listening to it at the gym in the morning. Looking forward to it.
cone
AG
ray is such greatness
20ag07
quote:
Girls is a show by and about urban women in their early twenties, so naturally it's drawing its biggest ratings among white dudes over 50. Wait, what? It's true: According to Nielsen data supplied to Vulture by HBO, a full 22 percent of Girls' audience has a ***** and was born before the Beatles hit American shores, and no other single demographic group comes close in its love for Lena Dunham and her sexually curious Scooby gang.
I find this fascinating for some reason.
Duncan Idaho
I don't find it that shocking.

These are men that have daughters who are in their 20's. They feel like they are getting a glimpse into their daughters other
20ag07
If I had a 20 yo daughter, there is no way in hell I could sit through this show.
TomHaverford
AG
Hannah and Elijah as roommates is a most excellent idea.
PatAg
AG
Its probably more about middle aged guys figuring out how they can get in the pants of 20 year old girls
nai06
AG
not a bad finally, but not great. It really set up next season which they finished shooting yesterday.
boy09
AG
Adam delivered again last night. That character is so awesome.

"No!! Family only, right? You're not my family, GET THE **** OUT!!!"

Or something like that...
20ag07
I really enjoyed this little show. I loved that it's on HBO, where it's free to be experimental and doesn't at all feel like it's run through a focus group. Like Louie, it feels like they just gave Dunham a little bit of money and told her to do whatever she wants, as long as it keeps getting buzz. Traded the polish of something like Modern Family (or its own partner Veep) for interestingness and unpredictability. It didn't all work out perfectly, but I enjoyed the ride and look forward to a short turnaround with the next season expecte in Jan.

First Judd Apatow show to get a season 2!
Inspector Spacetime
AG
quote:
BREAKING: The #GIRLS return this January. INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/p/NzNBqqLHZR/ (Pictured on the Season 2 set by EP @campsucks)

So far I know for sure I will be watching new Workaholics and Girls in January
TCTTS
20ag07
quote:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/girls-parody-boys-needles-lena-dunham-hbo-355823
I didn't think this was a waste of 3 minutes.
Inspector Spacetime
AG
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfvIrzTCDCg&feature=player_embedded

Pretty good. You know it's funny like "Girls" because I hate most of the characters

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.