GIRLS on HBO...

55,336 Views | 580 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by cone
Sex Panther
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lena Dunham is trying to destroy America
InternetFan02
AG
This was a brilliant comedic episode - they set the climax up in the opening scene (Adam has a crazy sister), built anticipation in the middle (flirts with Ray by taunting him and biting his arm), then delivered in the end. We were all expecting something bizarre to happen in the apartment and it was shocking and funny.

[This message has been edited by Internetfan02 (edited 1/20/2014 2:03p).]
cone
AG
one giant troll thread
cone
AG
lol

cone
AG
and Ray, head-banging drunk and alone to Today, is the best thing this show has done
Jim01
AG
Not a great episode. Annoying ending. So what, now she's gonna develop yet another mental issue and become a chronic liar?
Beer Baron
AG
Needed more Blerta.
TCTTS
AG
I loved everyone calling Hanna out, but yeah, this episode was pretty bland.
AggieGirl35
AG
I was stuck in the middle of season two for so long, but over the weekend I binge-watched the rest and got caught up. I find Hannah to be incredibly annoying. I could not be friends with her in real life. In fact I'm not sure I could be friends with any of them, but Hannah and Jessa are the two that bug me. Marnie I think is representative of a lot of young 20 somethings who haven't had to try too hard in life and are suddenly directionless. I remember feeling that way at one point, and I was in law school WITH direction in life. Shoshanna pretty much cracks me up in every scene so I like her.

But Hannah, she's pretty much insufferable. That being said, I'm with another poster that you can hate the characters and what they stand for but still get the show. It's pretty real in a lot of ways, even if it is a heightened sense of real. But real nonetheless. I still need to watch last night's.
20ag07
Next week's ep is on HBOGo already bc SuperBowl. Liked it much better than this week's.
TCTTS
AG
^ Oh, nice. In that case, will watch later tonight. Thanks, 20ag07.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 1/27/2014 8:36p).]
TCTTS
AG
Just finished episode five, and yeah, that was definitely better. Really loving the trend this season of not simply showing how dumb/stubborn/horrible these girls are, but having people directly tell them to their face as bluntly as humanly possible. The Marnie/Ray stuff, in particular, was great.
Furlock Bones
AG
Terrible episode again.
Jim01
AG
Loved the publisher and Mo interaction. The black lady killed me with her reactions to everything Mo said.
cone
AG
this show is a total train wreck
Captain Pablo
AG
Show is garbage. Not funny or appealing at all.

Just a show about losers
TCTTS
AG
Really funny episode tonight.

Ray is easy becoming this show's soul & conscience, and I love that. Even the Hannah-at-GQ stuff was pretty good. And I'm definitely curious where this Adam thread is leading. Would be pretty great if he actually becomes a (potentially famous) actor on the show...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 2/9/2014 11:43p).]
Sex Panther
AG
Can anybody tell me how they did the sex scene???
marble rye
AG
HANNAH IS IN A BIKINI NEXT EPISODE AND I NEED TO WASH MY EYES WITH BLEACH AFTER THE PREVIEWS.

seriously, I get that she has no body issues...but that much is just gross.
Sex Panther
AG
I didn't see the preview but I'm not sure why you're complaining. Her in a bikini is more than she usually wears.
marble rye
AG
I dont recall seeing her ass cheeks and thighs while standing in any other episode. Also, it appears that the entire episode is her in the bikini. Just too much. Slap a sarong on, woman!
TXAGFAN
AG
The sex is so awkward in this show.
cone
AG
Marnie using the race card on Ray was a pretty good illustration.
TXAGFAN
AG
The way Lena Dunham dresses is so terrible. I am not into fashion AT ALL, but she looks just terrible. That creepy sweat suit thing she got off of the bus wearing? WTF. She is doing it on purpose at this point.

Then she wears her swimsuit to town?

She looks better naked.

[This message has been edited by Txagfan (edited 2/16/2014 9:33p).]
20ag07
"I spent $80k on a Theatre B of A, of course I'm talented" is my favorite line of this series.
TCTTS
AG
Great episode tonight. And that's saying something, considering no Ray or Adam. Instead, it was Shoshanna speaking the truth, and I loved it.
AggieGirl35
AG
Shoshanna going cruel drunk was awesome. She said everything I often think about the other girls.

And yes, I also found the constant bikini wearing a bit distracting. I mean they were there all weekend right? At least overnight for sure. You're not going to change out of a wet, then dry, then wet, then dry again set of clothing? I felt unsanitary for her.
JonSnow
I am 40 with young daughters. Watching this scares me for their future. I have a cousin who is 20 something he says this shows portrayal of that generation is spot on. He says every girl he is friends with or has dated could be a character on the show. Lazy, entitled, ****ty, insecure, narcissistic, etc. My goal as a father is to keep them from becoming that, but now sure how.
TXAGFAN
AG
I don't think this is an accurate reflection.

The only person I knew/know who is like a character are a few shoshanna types I knew in college.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
"I spent $80k on a Theatre BFA, of course I'm talented" is my favorite line of this series.

fify, not to be a dick... just because it makes it that much funnier.

Awesome episode. Some really funny lines, and the girls talking **** to each other was great, and also spot on with women.

The line about the gay guy thinking they were going to jack off watching Wild Things was hilarious too.
cone
AG
that was really satisfying

A+
TCTTS
cone
AG
Shoshanna Shapiro

PooDoo
AG
quote:
I am 40 with young daughters. Watching this scares me for their future. I have a cousin who is 20 something he says this shows portrayal of that generation is spot on. He says every girl he is friends with or has dated could be a character on the show. Lazy, entitled, ****ty, insecure, narcissistic, etc. My goal as a father is to keep them from becoming that, but now sure how.

Remember the good ol' days when dads just had to keep their daughters from becoming stripers, ****s, or marrying a closeted homo?
BallerStaf2003
AG
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prospectus/b-s-report-lena-dunham-2/

A very interesting podcast with the sports guy and Lena Dunham.

Basically, she really doesn't give a **** if we think she's naked too much.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.